Hardware Is PSP 2000 hardware inside 3000 shell possible?

Pockie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a psp 2000 and I don't feel the need to purchase a 3000 but, there is a transparent orange housing case that I want to put on my psp, sadly I cannot seem to find psp 2000 shells and the only one I have encountered is the 3000. Is it possible?

Pockie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the shape of them does not matter, the face plate comes with the strip of the buttons so all I would do is need to replace it all together

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does matter, the shape of the strip on the lower aprt, is different, they wont fit due the shell having a different form.
psp3000vs2000_1.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The outside appearance of the bottom strip does not matter at all, internally they are in the same position and should line up fine.

Everything should fit decently, but you might need to trim some plastic here and there to get everything to lay flat.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....well it does matter doesn't it? if it doesn't matter, they you WOULD NOT need to trim any plastic.
The question is not if they are a 1 to 1 fit, but if it's possible for 2000 components to fit in a 3000 shell. I've worked on many PSPs of various models and I'm sure it can work. The whole argument of "Oh, the outer buttons look different so no" holds no water whatsoever when you've seen the way it looks inside. I'd go as far as actually putting one of my 3000's faceplates on one of my 2000's if you still think otherwise.

---Edit---

It's my day off and I was bored so here you go:
https://imgur.com/a/lJaFE

Last edited by ruyor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN