Apple is the iphone 8 actually what we though the 7s was gonna be

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was leaked yesterday that instead of the iPhones 8 7s and 7s plus we are getting the iPhone 8 8 plus and iPhone edition which screws up the naming of iPhones so much that I can't quite wrap my head around it
and is the iphone 8 or 7s gonna ge a 512gb variant becuase i\ really want one

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because iPhones just work. Something Android phones need to start doing.
My Note 4 (August 2014) demolished my friend's iPhone 7 Plus in benchmarking, battery life, efficiency, speed, and practicality. Care to explain?

I dunno why people buy expensive weak phones on purpose besides how basic something is. It wouldn't be a problem if MicroSDs on Apple was a thing
Apple fanboys are obsessed with "oooh our devices are more stable".

I think the fuck not.

Reactions: andyhappypants

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
all the itunes/backup stuff is better on iphone, backing up sms messages on android and restoring them is a pain.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the itunes/backup stuff is better on iphone, backing up sms messages on android and restoring them is a pain.
Not, like at all. iCloud and iTunes are terribly hard to configure. Android syncing? Log into your Google Account. Done. No messing with unstable and trashy programs like iCloud and iTunes.

Don't forget that you only get 5GB of photo storage with iCloud. We get literally unlimited storage with Google Photos.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a rurally stupidly easy, I use an app that backs them up automatically and uploads them to Dropbox

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a rurally stupidly easy, I use an app that backs them up automatically and uploads them to Dropbox

Compared to iphone that is a pain.

I don't have an iphone & I don't see myself buying one. But I know people who find them much easier to use and I would agree with them.

It's about time that google made sms backup a standard thing.

Last edited by smf,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Compared to iphone that is a pain.

I don't have an iphone & I don't see myself buying one. But I know people who find them much easier to use and I would agree with them.

It's about time that google made sms backup a standard thing.
Unless you like using iTunes for everything, iPhones are a pain. I much prefer just plugging my phone in and copying whatever I want over with a file explorer.

Samsung has their own PC software which makes backing up and restoring everything easy, just like iTunes, and other OEMs might have similar software. But unlike iTunes the software is much simpler and you're not forced to use it, you can use any of the other backup methods. Android automatically backs up to your Google account if you let it, Samsung also lets you backup to your Samsung account (not sure why there is a need for two services that do the exact same thing but whatever) and you have a whole host of different backup programs for more in-depth backups (like backing up app data), some easier to use than others. That kind of freedom means you can use whatever you prefer, the easiest solution (automatic backups), or a more complex one that gives you more control.
It doesn't get any easier than automatic backups to your Google account TBH.
Sure there are some things iOS is better at but I don't think that's one of them.

Some things are better on Android, some things are better on iOS. I can see why people might prefer one over the other, for computer illiterates or casual users iOS might be easier to use, and for geeks or people who want more freedom, Android is the top choice.
But what I don't understand is why geeks like my dad prefer iOS, when Android is the ultimate mobile OS for geeks and you can do almost anything without even rooting it, besides installing custom ROMs (there are ad blockers and advanced backup apps that work on non root and even Substratum (theme engine) works on non rooted phones now) and when rooted allows anything you could ever want, even installing a different OS on some devices.
I have heard his reasoning for sticking with Apple but it just seems a bit weak, it basically boils down to "everything on iOS just works". I'll give him that, there are occasions when an Android app doesn't work correctly due to manufacturer differences, but 99.95% of the time everything works as expected and the other 0.05% of the time, there's always an alternative solution. On the other hand there are so many things that are better on Android that he's either ignoring or isn't aware of.
Anyway, I digress.

Reactions: dpad_5678

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*grabs popcorn*

Also just a side note but I heard a rumour the new fancy iPhone is going to be named iPhone x and released along side the 7s. Kinda sounds familiar to a certain Microsoft game console naming scheme, huh?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unless you like using iTunes for everything, iPhones are a pain. I much prefer just plugging my phone in and copying whatever I want over with a file explorer.

Samsung has their own PC software which makes backing up and restoring everything easy, just like iTunes, and other OEMs might have similar software. But unlike iTunes the software is much simpler and you're not forced to use it, you can use any of the other backup methods.

The huge majority of people buying iphones love itunes and is one of the reasons they buy them.

The android market is too fragmented, having to buy another samsung/sony/etc because your backups were made using their software.

Some people don't want to spend time endlessly tinkering and downloading apps.

Also just a side note but I heard a rumour the new fancy iPhone is going to be named iPhone x and released along side the 7s. Kinda sounds familiar to a certain Microsoft game console naming scheme, huh?

It sounds more like a certain Apple operating naming scheme (MacOS X) that was first released in March 1999 while Microsoft didn't launch a games console until 2001. It appears Microsoft stole the letter x and o from Apple.

Last edited by smf,

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Android Fanboy here.
While i don't like the iphone, i still have to say it has many good things.

• Backup / Restore is easy to setup, while it too much time on Android to get to that.
• Screen: Just look how beautiful the screen is. Sharp to the end.
• Nice UI gesture to make the navigation easy.
• It works, it works because you can't make something wrong.
• Kinda cleaner Appstore.
• Less Lag problems.
• Better storage management, means also less "device is full" problems. Big problem on Android.
• Oh and not fking stuffed with brand apps and millions of popups and "better us this" and what not else... I MEAN YOU SAMSUNG!

Its easy to maintain 1 device with 1 os and not 976468463 different with 1 kind same os.

Back to topic:
Didn't looked much into the new IPhone. It has some cool ideas but nothing innovative what other phones didn't already have / tried / made. Even the idea with the statusbar and speaker combined. (Dumb idea in my eyes. At least on android).
Still thinking it is overpriced and they should have wait with the iphone 7 and made everything into one, but hey. They need the money~

StackMasher

Trophies
XP
Country
I like iOS because it has a better permission system, and it would be much more fun and challenging to try to break (as in hack, not physically). What I don't like is how they make them break purposely after a year or two

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Instead of carrying around power banks, I just carry around spare batteries and hot-swap them if the one in my phone runs out. And expand storage as necessary with microSD cards. Just because of these two things, my Galaxy S5 has lasted me almost four years and I still have no problems with it. Custom Android ROMs from OEMs are annoying because they drop support after like two years, but I just set aside an hour to install a custom OS (which made my phone faster, too) and got the latest Android version that way. I honestly don't need 2 seconds faster Facebook so now that I don't have to worry about battery, storage, or OS updates, I'm basically dead-set on keeping this phone as long as it stays alive. I like that about my phone, and it's one of the reasons I like Android devices.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Main reasons I'll be likely getting an iPhone over an Android phone in the next few months is longer support and ease of backups (just plug in to iTunes, hit backup, job done).

This was always a pain with Android, especially when it comes to apps (and no I don't want to root and Google never worked for me the way I want it to).

It also doesn't help that they've been 'iosifying' the platform more and more, such as the increasing difficulty for rooters (needed for custom ROMs) and OEMs slowly removing the advantages they had over iPhones e.g. removable batteries, headphone jack, etc.

It was Kitkat which actually made me switch after they gimped SD cards in that release.

In regards to the iPhone 8, I hope the 7s Plus is the same spec wise as I'm not sure if I'd like the 8 based on current leaks/rumours.

Last edited by tech3475,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... you don't have to "hit backup" unless you turn off automatic backups on purpose. By default, simply plugging in an iPhone syncs and creates a backup. The worst thing is having to wait for a jailbreak when new models come out. Once Jailbroken, however, Apple's app store + Cydia completely obliterates any competition on the Android front. The interface is far superior. Even with the relative ease of rooting an android, the settings are a pain to navigate, and different variations on different models/carriers don't help the situation. It's worse than dealing with 12 different Linux distros at once...

Last edited by urherenow,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The huge majority of people buying iphones love itunes and is one of the reasons they buy them.

The android market is too fragmented, having to buy another samsung/sony/etc because your backups were made using their software.

Some people don't want to spend time endlessly tinkering and downloading apps.

It sounds more like a certain Apple operating naming scheme (MacOS X) that was first released in March 1999 while Microsoft didn't launch a games console until 2001. It appears Microsoft stole the letter x and o from Apple.
I don't like endlessly tinkering either (not anymore) but I still prefer Android.
Most Android users buy Samsung, and it's likely people are going to stick with one brand anyway, so for most people that shouldn't be an issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu