Hacking Is the PS4 running on an eFuse system?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick google search would've showed a wololo post that said this:
Sony did not (and still does not) uses eFuses to prevent downgrading (they are dedicated to store per console settings at factory). Downgrading is prevented using hashes in syscon’s NVS, revocation lists (on ps4/ps vita) and stripping PUP header keys from existing modules. The per cpu key used for metldr and bootloader encryption is programmed using the fuses.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Only the 360 and the Switch use eFuse protection.

In case of the 360, it's pointless ;')
And I have a strong feeling that the switch will suffer the same fate.

Reactions: DarthDub

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that efuses aren’t the end of the world. You can update and downgrade without burning anything on switch now.
Oh trust me I know all about the Switch lol, I thought efuses worked better than that though on the 360. The only reason we can avoid dealing with fuses on the Switch is because we literally just skip the check lmao

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh trust me I know all about the Switch lol, I thought efuses worked better than that though on the 360. The only reason we can avoid dealing with fuses on the Switch is because we literally just skip the check lmao

RGH works in a similar fashion, fusecount is irrelevant as we can take control from 2BL onwards in boot.

Reactions: Girtana1

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RGH works in a similar fashion, fusecount is irrelevant as we can take control from 2BL onwards in boot.
Ah ok thank you, that's what I figured but I don't know anything about the actual process on 360 (I have an RGHd Trinity and Falcon that I had somebody else do all the work for me on, I don't have soldering tools or the skills) it makes sense though since its literally the same concept with an exploit on boot, ty again for the info

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended