Hardware Is the xbox one unhackable?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The same reason why there isn't a decent original X-BOX emulator. Lack of interest.

HLE is difficult

^ this, yeah just lack of interest, and maybe only few people researching stuffs about xbox one.

remember xbox360 was also hack, but homebrews are just limited to game managers, cheats, and pc tools to hack the console

Not really.
The main issue wit the 360 was that any code execution meant offline usage only.
That scared a lot of people away.
There's some neat XeLL stuff, but compare the Wii with the PS3 in terms of homebrew, same story.

Its not lack of interest. Sony and M$ have 100x more money than nintendo so they bullet proof their consoles very well.

No.
Nintendo just is shit at security and hackers just like to show Nintendo how bad it is.
If Sony would "bullet proof" their consoles, then why would they have the PSP master keys inside the PS3?

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
most who jtg/rgh their 360 know what's coming, it's not like they can actually go online with a jtag/rgh console. so worrying about online on homebrew on a jtag/rgh console does not make sense. I know they got a few emulators for 360 but some stop developing, the psx1 is a bit buggy. where on ps3 regardless if the cfw ps3 can go online or not they got a great deal of homebrews.

or I was thinking that Microsoft has better security than sony???

D

Deleted-401606

HLE is difficult

Not really.
The main issue wit the 360 was that any code execution meant offline usage only.
That scared a lot of people away.
There's some neat XeLL stuff, but compare the Wii with the PS3 in terms of homebrew, same story.

No.
Nintendo just is shit at security and hackers just like to show Nintendo how bad it is.
If Sony would "bullet proof" their consoles, then why would they have the PSP master keys inside the PS3?

The PSP was hacked a millennium before the ps3 so why would they care anyways? Nintendo has alot less money than M$ and Sony so logically they well spend less money on that. Nintendo also makes money on every console they sell,so even if you are a pirate you are still making them a profit on their consoles.

D

Deleted User

The PSP was hacked a millennium before the ps3 so why would they care anyways? Nintendo has alot less money than M$ and Sony so logically they well spend less money on that. Nintendo also makes money on every console they sell,so even if you are a pirate you are still making them a profit on their consoles.
I hate it to break it to you. But Nintendo has about 812.8 billion Yen as of 2012. which means literally they could take about 20 billion yen loss per year. until 2052. (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/03/nintendo_reportedly_has_8128_billion_yen_in_the_bank)
which that yen amount converted into us dollars is about $7,215,225,600
which in comparison to Microsoft is $73,723,000,000
Nintendo technically has the money, now course we both know that they do have less. However Nintendo could just spend on security, but they don't, and no I'm not saying Nintendo has more money, as that is false but I'm specifically targeting "Nintendo has alot less money than M$ and Sony so logically they well spend less money on that"

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It has nothing to do with being "hacked", it has to do with not keeping secret keys in places that can possibly be extracted.
Especially master keys.

D

Deleted-401606

It has nothing to do with being "hacked", it has to do with not keeping secret keys in places that can possibly be extracted.
Especially master keys.

I dont understand what you are trying to prove besides that you are a nintendo fan boy. If you honestly think there is a lack of interest on the ps4 and xb1 being hacked,god bless you.

Last edited by ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I dont understand what you are trying to prove besides that you are a nintendo fan boy. If you honestly think there is a lack of interest on the ps4 and xb1 being hacked,god bless you.

AHHAHAHAHAH
Me, a nintendo fanboy!?
Mate, do some research next time before you say stupid things.

Next to that, I've said multiple times that there's kernel exploits and private hacks for PS4 and Xbone.

D

Deleted User

Your sad, ok the reason the psp got hacked so quickly was because certain keys got dumped early in its cycle, Plus faking signing was a huge issue, allowing the psp to easily hacked. The wii was no different, it had a fake sign bug, which course lead to applications made by home brewer's. I'm unsure on how the wii's keys got dumped, so I'm not going to specify. Neither one of us are Nintendo fanboys, we are just stating facts. Every device is hack-able, but people really don't want to go through the effort. Microsoft makes computers for a living, so course they would have understanding on security. Sony also made computers or used to. So it makes sense that Microsoft and Sony have tighter security. Quick question would you like to pay for something or get it free. Thats the thing, all of the homebrew scene has moved mostly to devices that don't need hardmods to be hacked. like IOS or the Nintendo devices. And there are bound to be people who had made hacks for their xbox one, but just don't post it. AKA private hacks.

anoraktrend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason (as I see it) is because the Xbone is just another Windows system, you really don't need much, and if you want to develop for the system its not too hard to go the official route for it. There is a userland exploit that was released just this year in March, and I think that there should be a board coming soon.

Reactions: Deleted User

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Its not lack of interest. Sony and M$ have 100x more money than nintendo so they bullet proof their consoles very well.

Nah, as a game company, Nintendo with a cap of 22b is definitely got more to spare on security than Sony, which is in a whole only 34b. Even M$ does not have 100x more money than Nintendo, which is 407b in total.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer the OPs question, no, the xbone is not currently hackable. but check out the tut section, some friends of mine and i have discovered what you can do with a semi-new developer function on the xbone. you can sideload emulators and plenty of other stuff, just for 20 dollars to get a dev account, or if you are a student you can get one for free :) check it out!

EDIT:just to be thourough i should add that because of dev mode said friends and i are fighting for a hacking section

Last edited by Enovale,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was just browsing the forums and I noticed that xbox one didn't have a section for hacking. Does this mean that no one's figured out how to hack the xbox one yet?
There is a save editor called vantage and you can sideload some pc games and emulators through Dev mode

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But very little with the switch

Vortex12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There exist private hacks.
However these haven't been publicly shared yet so you either wait or get a second Xbone.

I know a few people who are into this in the real life,and I'm inside the most private places of the internet,places that you need an invitation and montly fee of some bitcoin,and I know from very good sources that you're lying a Ps4 and Xbox One exploit,Jtag,Rgh doesn't exist, stop selling illusions to people with your Bullshit.
I dont know why you do that,maybe to attain some kind of illusory "power" "social status" or being the guy with the biggest dick because you have private hacks? Private hacks do not exist as that is settled down men,sorry to destroy your illusions / delusions im just being honest here.

No offense but this kind of sounds like bullshit.
Agreed on this

Last edited by Vortex12,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know a few people who are into this in the real life,and I'm inside the most private places of the internet,places that you need an invitation and montly fee of some bitcoin,and I know from very good sources that you're lying a Ps4 and Xbox One exploit,Jtag,Rgh doesn't exist, stop selling illusions to people with your Bullshit.
I dont know why you do that,maybe to attain some kind of illusory "power" "social status" or being the guy with the biggest dick because you have private hacks? Private hacks do not exist as that is settled down men,sorry to destroy your illusions / delusions im just being honest here.

Agreed on this
That's great and all but you still didn't prove that private hacks don't exist... cuz they do.
Just because one of your mates invites you and you have to buy him a cup of coffee with bitcoin doesn't mean they'll show you the work they've done someone like that would risking themselves/himself to get sued or go to jail for tampering with software from big dollar companies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou