Homebrew is there a way to hack 11.6.0-39U?

kiwimooj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i downloaded from the homebrew website and followed instructions but when i try to play the soundhax file on my ds it says could not play.
if there isnt a way to hack this version then why the heck is it on the website as an option!?!!?!?!?!??!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://3ds.guide/get-started go here scroll down select what 3ds/2ds you have then i suggest try ntrboothax though this method will require a specific 3ds flashcart i suggest this one http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
You quoted the wrong person.
is there an easy way to downgrade bc im not good at this stuff
No way to downgrade. If you can read and follow instructions carefully, you can follow 3ds.guide. It's literally that simple.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love how the op added in and questioned downgrading as if he was told it was an option . . .you were told
but you'll need either a flashcard or another fully hacked system.
please tell me what part of that sounds like "downgrade your console"?

Last edited by wormdood,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what i was saying lol i stated im not good @ this
It's called following directions. Can you read and follow written instructions? If yes, then follow the guide linked. If not, then don't even bother. It's as simple as that. And please, for the love of everything that is good in this world, AVOID YOUTUBE TUTORIALS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but looking at the op he does not even understand the method/fw chart . . . :unsure:
Then that's his problem, not ours.
It just dawned on me that the front page of this forum should have a section, a link that leads you to 3ds.guide. With a description about how all versions of firmware can be hacked (making note of course of the necessary things such as NTRBoot). I think that would trim down on threads like this.
It probably would, but would the noobs even see it or care enough to notice it?

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntr boot hax is your only option dude, besides that way you get a flashcart for old nds games,, that's a good thing, even if you are unable to hack your system,, you still will have a flashcart and can at least play those games all you want

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ntr boot hax is your only option dude, besides that way you get a flashcart for old nds games,, that's a good thing, even if you are unable to hack your system,, you still will have a flashcart and can at least play those games all you want
also you can unbrick devices with it

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It just dawned on me that the front page of this forum should have a section, a link that leads you to 3ds.guide. With a description about how all versions of firmware can be hacked (making note of course of the necessary things such as NTRBoot). I think that would trim down on threads like this.
It probably would, but would the noobs even see it or care enough to notice it?
What would be even better actually is to have a message show up when creating a thread on this part of the forum listing the main things that have been talked about and linking the noob paradise thread, as it seems a lot of people are incapable of even checking the first page of this forum category (where there's pretty much always a thread asking this) yet want to do a set of instructions that if misread even a bit at certain parts can lead to a bricked console... Or there could be a sticky listing all OFW and what options you have for installing CFW on them and hope people will see it before posting new threads.

i downloaded from the homebrew website and followed instructions but when i try to play the soundhax file on my ds it says could not play.
if there isnt a way to hack this version then why the heck is it on the website as an option!?!!?!?!?!??!
Simplest way is to use a second 3DS (that already has CFW) with a cheap compatible DSi game from the eshop since I expect it's more likely to find someone close by who has one, but there's always ntrboot, but requires flashcart. Since you are good at complex things, could I interest you in a hardmod that requires nothing more than a screwdriver, three small cables and a soldering iron with an added chance of ruining your device if you make a mistake?:P

PS: In all seriousness, ntrboot and DSi Ware transfer are your best bet. However, I THINK that if you got one of the entrypoints for homebrew on 11.6 (eg: the RPG Maker one), you can also install CFW via that, but not sure if it's still even possible...

Last edited by ThoD,

Jaamj

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Do you guys think they would reales a different way of hacking it other than ntrboothax. I dont have one and I can't buy one.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Do you guys think they would reales a different way of hacking it other than ntrboothax. I dont have one and I can't buy one.
It's about the easiest anyone has every had hacking a console on current firmware. Even if someone came up with an idea there's no way they would pour hundreds of hours into developing it when no one would need it.

Save up your pocket money, or mow some lawns or do some babysitting. Put the money in a bank account. Connect the bank account to a PayPal account, then you can buy a flashcart.

Reactions: Shadow#1 and ThoD

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I would recommend OP to either get a NDS flashcard that is compatible with NTRBootHax, or get a hold of another hacked 3DS to do a DSiware transfer. It's the only options. I strongly advice on Option nr1 since hey! You can play DS games now as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one