Homebrew Is there going to be something homebrew related to get free online ?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious if there is anyone who is or is going to work on something that's going to get free online for games ?

(For example I pirated rocket league with the ability to connect to official online servers some time ago)
answer is NO.

if you connect online using a form of exploit and nintendo detect you they will ban you.

or if you mean a form of exploit to play your illegally pirated games online without paying nintendo, as in will someone exploit the consoles online features and host on online gaming server to allow you to play the games you didnt buy, online for free, and you expect them to cover the costs of hosting said gaming server.

no.

i swear we live in a world where everyone expects everything for free.

you want to play online....... then buy your games and play them on an unmodded console.

if you refuse to buy your games, then have the decency to remain offline.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got a free game I could enjoy it without online services. Be grateful for what were getting
and we wonder why people moan about consoles/game devs riddling their games with drm.

like companies arent allowed to protect their business/employees jobs/income because of these people that want everything for free.

Reactions: blinkzane

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I could see a way to get free online potentially happening by spoofing another console, assuming it's console bound, and not Nintendo Account bound.
This should in theory be undetectable by Nintendo if done right, assuming only one console with the same ID goes online at a time.
Simply patching out the subscription checks on the client side wouldn't work, there will no doubt be server side checks in place to prevent that, and even if it worked it would be really easy for Nintendo to detect and would result in large banwaves and it being patched on the server side.
So spoofing another console is the only way I could see this ever happening.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is technically possible.

You ask how?

Sniff the right Network Packets use a Man in the Middle HTTP/HTTPS Proxy, recreate the DNS entries to repoint the Switch to your own online Server and have enough knowledge to form everything into an application which will talk with your Switch.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is technically possible.

You ask how?

Sniff the right Network Packets use a Man in the Middle HTTP/HTTPS Proxy, recreate the DNS entries to repoint the Switch to your own online Server and have enough knowledge to form everything into an application which will talk with your Switch.
That wouldn't work unless you had the ssl certificates as well.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there was a down vote option on the site, I will give you not 1 but more like a 100... People these days only want hombrew for pirate games, there is so mucho more than that and cheating...
There is absolutely no reason to be rude. Instead of ranting about how dumb of a question is, you could have used this as a teaching opportunity and explained to him why it is unlikely. Instead, you decided to be a cunt about it and provide nothing but shit to this thread. The irony is that your comment is the one that deserves dislikes, as it adds nothing the the conversation.

tl;dr You're a dick. Don't be a dick.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There is absolutely no reason to be rude. Instead of ranting about how dumb of a question is, you could have used this as a teaching opportunity and explained to him why it is unlikely. Instead, you decided to be a cunt about it and provide nothing but shit to this thread. The irony is that your comment is the one that deserves dislikes, as it adds nothing the the conversation.

tl;dr You're a dick. Don't be a dick.
Nobody likes Richards

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont listen to these trolls there curently is a homebrew in the works for this feature iknow smea,qluuto and yls8 are working on it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was also on there discord server
Link? Or pic?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: