Hardware Issue with turning on PSP

miquichin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I've tried finding a thread that could help me but it seems like the issue I have is kinda peculiar.

My psp turns on for about 10 seconds. I can go into the menu and look around but then it suddenly shuts off.

The weird part though, is that if I turn it on and then quickly toggle the switch to "hold" and then take it off hold, it stays on.

I don't know what the issue is. Could be the battery but I don't wanna buy one if it's not the issue.

I have a model 2000 and I'm running a CFW (6.60 PRO-B9)

Thanks for any info!

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like an issue with the switch itself. It’s pretty easy to access. Perhaps there was water damage or just really dirty there. There are 2 screws at the top near the USB port and one screw on the middle of the bottom side (near the searial number stickers). Take the battery out and remove the warranty sticker there. Remove all 4 screws on the back. Now you can pull the front faceplate off. The switch is right there. You can replace them pretty cheap too. If this sounds like too much, watch a video. It’s one of the easier handhelds to work on.

miquichin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like an issue with the switch itself. It’s pretty easy to access. Perhaps there was water damage or just really dirty there. There are 2 screws at the top near the USB port and one screw on the middle of the bottom side (near the searial number stickers). Take the battery out and remove the warranty sticker there. Remove all 4 screws on the back. Now you can pull the front faceplate off. The switch is right there. You can replace them pretty cheap too. If this sounds like too much, watch a video. It’s one of the easier handhelds to work on.

That worked out fine! there wasn't too much grime in there but after using a bit of canned air and isopropyl it seems to work just fine. Thanks again!

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr