Hardware Issues with console and HDMI Switch

acphydro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried researching this topic for several days and haven’t been able to find a solution.

I have a Kinivo 301bn HDMI Switch with directv, PS4, and Xbox one s connected. If I turn the PS4 on it auto switches to that input and when I turn it off it goes back to my Directv receiver. Or at least it used to until I added an Xbox One to the mix. Now when I turn the PS4 off it goes to the Xbox input and stays there even when it’s off. If I turn the Xbox on it switches over like it’s supposed to but when I turn it off it just stays on that input. I’ve determined that the issue is the Xbox outputting an HDMI signal even when it’s off. I’ve tried switching it’s power modes to no avail.

Does anyone happen to know a way to disable HDMI output from the Xbox when it’s off?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that I won't be of much help here, but I've noticed that my One S has weird HDMI problems as well. My TV has three HDMI ports, and if I connect it to the first port, there's a major overscan issue. The screen is cut off in nearly everything but the dashboard. If I connect it to port 2 the problem doesn't persist, and everything is displayed properly. The reason I'm posting this is because it seems that HDMI problems are rather common with the Xbone. Google is full of people with my problem (though a majority haven't been able to fix it just by switching the HDMI port), and even though your problem is new to me, it doesn't surprise me. I'm going to assume that M$ used a newer HDMI standard with the S/X to compensate for the rise in 4k TVs, but unfortunately most consumers don't meet this standard. That said, it'd both be the fault of your Xbox using newer hardware standards, and your switch for not being "up to par" unfortunately. For shits and giggles, why not try a different port on your TV? :P

Last edited by Joom,

acphydro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that I won't be of much help here, but I've noticed that my One S has weird HDMI problems as well. My TV has three HDMI ports, and if I connect it to the first port, there's a major overscan issue. The screen is cut off in nearly everything but the dashboard. If I connect it to port 2 the problem doesn't persist, and everything is displayed properly. The reason I'm posting this is because it seems that HDMI problems are rather common with the Xbone. Google is full of people with my problem (though a majority haven't been able to fix it just by switching the HDMI port), and even though your problem is new to me, it doesn't surprise me. I'm going to assume that M$ used a newer HDMI standard with the S/X to compensate for the rise in 4k TVs, but unfortunately most consumers don't meet this standard. That said, it'd both be the fault of your Xbox using newer hardware standards, and your switch for not being "up to par" unfortunately. For shits and giggles, why not try a different port on your TV? :P

While I appreciate the response using a different HDMI port defeats the purpose of the switch. However I could put my Switch on it and swap it to a different input. My workaround for now is to place it in between my two devices in the switch that way it automatically goes to the device I want it to when I power it down. Doesn’t always work but it’s the best solution I could find. It’s not a hardware issue per say it’s microsoft not making the HDMI power down completely which I’m guessing is because it can also be used as your TV box as well.

As to your problems with it, if you are using a 4K TV make sure you are using the proper HDMI cable. However to me it sounds like your issue with the first port is due to a TV picture size mode setting. Try cycling through them I bet it resolves your scan issue sounds like you have that input set to stretch or zoom and your other ports aren’t setup like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: okies :D put 'em here :O