• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

July 12th - End of the world....j/k

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So they get rid of SOPA to do this?
I love how they don't say what can be deemed as piracy, which means they can do whatever they want to their users and we still have to pay. I love how living in a free country we are still being pushed around by the rich

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
StdTo.png
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY AVATAR?!?
:P

Meh, I've found that I download way more than I can consume, anyway. I download more games than I can ever play, more shows than I can ever watch, more music than I can ever listen to, more PDFs than I can ever read, etc.

This won't affect me that much. I'll just have to be more selective about what I download.

*EDIT*
If anything, this will save me money because I won't have to keep buying more hard drives to store all the media I'll never use. I could even use the money I save on hard drives to...you know, buy the actual games/movies/books etc.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My piracy has certainly died out a lot since the DS, PSP, and Wii have kinda died in terms of releases.

I really don't pirate music that much with Spotify and I really don't need to pirate movies or TV shows between Netflix and the DVD collection of my friend.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever really start pirating again outside of the odd copy of some old PC to play with another friend of mine.

DigiTak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just so happened to read this damn article, and I would like to say..... This will make no impact on piracy. I mean really do you expect people to stop pirating after such a law will be passed? I think not. This is gonna start some kind of anonymous activity, and some kind of internet war, and protests, I bet. This is kind of stupid, and will just make things worse. Oh well more proxies to go around!

Reactions: 1 person

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to really matter unless you download from a unencypted source like the web, bittorrent etc. If you pay for something like encrypted newsgroups, they still wont have a clue what you are getting.

Reactions: 1 person

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i don't even get to celebrate my birthday this year. :angry:

meh, if there's no escape accepting it will make it easier.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i don't even get to celebrate my birthday this year. :angry:

meh, if there's no escape accepting it will make it easier.
Treat yourself to usenet paradise, or learn about blog distributed file-space links and how to alter cookies to bypass limits etc
hahaha lol i have to facepalm at myself. i really should read sources to know what's going on. damn title.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know I've lost so much interest in this stuff it's not even funny. They have been saying this stuff will be happening for years now, nothing really changes. You're still going to be able to download stuff with low chances of being caught, just like usual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr