Review K101 Revo, Official GBAtemp Review

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have just received my K101 plus unit. After watching and reading many reviews on the previous model, I took the plunge and snagged me one of these consoles. For the brazilians considering purchasing it, know that it was taxed and I paid R$100 (USD 31) to take the parcel home. But I was very, VERY unfortunate in two things:

1- The console has NO LENS over the screen. This means the LCD itself is exposed, which makes it incredibly fragile and scratch-prone. Needless to say, mine came badly scratched due to the lack of any protective film on the screen. Some screen protectors came in the box, but the screen was already ruined, so why bother?

2 (and weirdest of all)- My screen has a big red C on the top right corner, printed directly on the screen, that I can't get removed. There was a small sticker with a green tab covering just the part where the C letter is. My guess is that this letter was supposed to be printed on this sticker, but when it was printed, the sticker wasn't there yet. I got in touch with the seller that said this should not affect the device and that I should use alcohol to remove it. I tried Isopropyl alcohol and Ethyl alcohol to no avail. He seems like a nice guy though, and since we live in opposite time zones, I'm fairly certain we will get this sorted out, it might just take a bit more time.

Cheers

EDIT: included pictures

49917c5fb5189075c07c1ba4bbf3fcc8.jpg

7372f32cd5aa05835a15435617593e17.jpg

Last edited by wprpalmeida,

Littlefighter19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have just received my K101 plus unit. After watching and reading many reviews on the previous model, I took the plunge and snagged me one of these consoles. For the brazilians considering purchasing it, know that it was taxed and I paid R$100 (USD 31) to take the parcel home. But I was very, VERY unfortunate in two things:

1- The console has NO LENS over the screen. This means the LCD itself is exposed, which makes it incredibly fragile and scratch-prone. Needless to say, mine came badly scratched due to the lack of any protective film on the screen. Some screen protectors came in the box, but the screen was already ruined, so why bother?

2 (and weirdest of all)- My screen has a big red C on the top right corner, printed directly on the screen, that I can't get removed. There was a small sticker with a green tab covering just the part where the C letter is. My guess is that this letter was supposed to be printed on this sticker, but when it was printed, the sticker wasn't there yet. I got in touch with the seller that said this should not affect the device and that I should use alcohol to remove it. I tried Isopropyl alcohol and Ethyl alcohol to no avail. He seems like a nice guy though, and since we live in opposite time zones, I'm fairly certain we will get this sorted out, it might just take a bit more time.

Cheers

EDIT: included pictures

49917c5fb5189075c07c1ba4bbf3fcc8.jpg

7372f32cd5aa05835a15435617593e17.jpg

You managed to pull of the helper for removing the foil (I received my Revo today and reminded that you wrote about that) So the foil is still on there (as the C is on the foil not the display itself), the to pull it down with something. Careful not to scratch anything.
EDIT: In case someone from K-Team is reading this, is there a way to access X and Y button and L and R separately when coding homebrew? And is there a way to contribute a proper translation?
EDIT2: After I completely read what you said: It COMES with a film, that is where the C is on, you need to remove it, but you managed to rip the helper for removing it off.

Last edited by Littlefighter19,
Reactions: wprpalmeida

go-vegan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
odd,
are you 100% sure there is no foil on it?
try moving fingernail accross that section, you should feel edge of foil sticker.

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yup. I'm sorting it out with their customer service. They offered me another revo for $35, which they said is for shipping only. Or else I would have to send mine back to them to get a refund, and I'm not willing to make my device travel halfway across the globe in hopes of getting it sorted out...

ins4nity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

This seemed like the best thread to post in order to find some insight into this issue I'm getting with this new revo k101 that just came in.
So when I first fired the device up, everything looked good, then a couple minutes into testing the sound just sort of cut out. At first I thought maybe there was some mute function I had hit, but that didn't seem to be the case. Eventually I realized that the sound was working, it was just very low. No matter what I do, I can't seem to affect the sound level. It's low to the point where you can only really hear the audio if you put your ear right up to the speaker.
So I'm at a bit of a loss, I'm not sure if it's software or hardware, and I don't see much in the way of sound options to determine one way or the other. So, does anyone have any ideas for how I can troubleshoot this? I've already emailed support, so hopefully I'll hear something next week, but if it's something I can troubleshoot, I would love to be able to simply fix this myself without having to wait for a replacement or something.
Any insight would be appreciated.

JustBeKrillin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my two revos in the mail on the 30th one works perfect and the other has a speaker issue. The sound plays fine but in game the quality sounds torn like the speaker has blown out. Anyone know which type of speaker this unit uses for a replacement. If not ill have to contact the revo team.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen issues with approximately 2% of the original models. Now issues with speakers on the plus. Supplier of parts issues? IDK

JustBeKrillin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldnt be too discouraged its only a minor speaker issue and only happens on soecifics attacks in golden sun that ive tested so far. And worked fine on one other game (megaman battle network 5). Ill do more testing maybe i just have a bad rom for golden sun. But id like to know what speakers these are cause ill still buy replacements. I bought two units and both came in fine aside from potentially this one speaker. No screen issues, no dead pixels, i can charge both units and still play games and scroll menus no problem, no overly bright white screens like ive seen one youtuber had, nothing else was wrong with either of my units. Id say its a pretty small number of units with issues when you consider they have sold close tonaround 1k units and ive seen around 15 to 20 complaints of major problems. Its gonna happen and i prepared for it by buying two and im satisfied to see that both were really a success i was petrified after reading this topic to the number of complaints but i dont think its as big of an issue overall as it seems here. Its easy to misjudge that by just reading a topic loaded up with bad news as typically thats all that gets posted on forums as everyones usually looking for a troubleshoot (i see thisnfor vitas, 3ds, etc too). But for thise who didnt luck out and truely had defective devices im sorry to hear and hope a solution comes your way.

ins4nity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a bad idea buying two! hehe. Yeah I couldn't find many threads discussing issues with these, which tells me overall, the defects seem to be at a minimum. Support got back to me today and that was the first thing they asked was whether the sound issue happened in specific games. Guess I'm screwed if it's a completely defective speaker, though I'm hoping there's some other stuff I can try.

JustBeKrillin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inform this topic if you find a solution to your issue with the speaker as mine also has a bad speaker potentially gonna try to test it more tonight soon. I just hope its a replaceable speaker.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To anyone interest to buy from the K-Team i give you a good advice:Stay away from them and dont buy their products.I have two old revo k101 with hardware defect.I e-mailed some time ago to ruilong,he accepts they have a hardware defect,so to apply my warranty of my two revo k101 in exchange they want to paid 49 dólars+shipping costs.In a good faith and manners they should sending me my two revo k101 with no cost,because the k-team admits they have hardware defect.I dont want right now the warranty because the time expired and i dont care anymore,only i want to warn to everyone dont buy their products.

JustBeKrillin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you a moron? You had a problem, they offered to fix it, you let warrantt expire and they are at fault? I request this post of his be removed because its entirely wrong.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you a moron? You had a problem, they offered to fix it, you let warrantt expire and they are at fault? I request this post of his be removed because its entirely wrong.
Are you capable to read? im saying i dont care the warranty because its expired and i dont want a new revo k101.They offer a bad solution to my problem.The solution was to paying for two new revo k101+shipping costs.The company K-team admits they have a hardware defect in their old revo k101.In a global world for example if you bought nvidia shield portable and have a hardware defect,nvidia sent you a new one with no cost+shipping fees if you demonstrate their product have a hardware failure.

Note:Im apologize with everyone if my comments are offensive.

@JustBeKrillin Check you writing,your post should remove it because you call me "moron".No one of my post give you a bad treath or disrespectful words.

Last edited by alexei_gp,

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are comparing nvidia with revo, someone who can actually hold a supply whereas revo cannot.
Okay fair enough I giving another example the company GPD a chinese handheld console for tablets.They give 1 year warranty of their products and if you demonstrate their product have a hardware failure,they give you a new one for free...the only need to pay its for the shipping fees.Why the K-team cant do the same as GPD? I understand they dont have the same funds like nvidia or gpd company,but if you are selling your product worldwide dont try to give bad warranty for everyone.Right now i dont care to have a new revo k101 only want to warn to everyone dont buy k-Team products.

Last edited by alexei_gp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...