Hacking kexploit for switch achieved by plutoo and friends *no release*

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you meam cartridge vs disc?
Or do you mean a different way via sd card?

He means the way everything is coded. There are so many anti-piracy things to get past with the switch it is most likely not going to happen for a long time if ever. We don't even have an exploit that is optimized enough for public release and you think back up loaders will come soon?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He means the way everything is coded. There are so many anti-piracy things to get past with the switch it is most likely not going to happen for a long time if ever. We don't even have an exploit that is optimized enough for public release and you think back up loaders will come soon?
Hey im just asking. Because, as said before, im not sure,but i think kernel exoit is what was required for loadiine. If you say kernel exploit is not enought, fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey im just asking. Because, as said before, im not sure,but i think kernel exoit is what was required for loadiine. If you say kernel exploit is not enought, fine.
And anyway, im sure this explojt is for 3.0.0 and my switch is fully updated, so that exploit doesnt concern me

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sorry I'm just surprised that someone with so many posts here doesn't have an idea of how long this process takes and if something like loadline was anywhere near close there would be a million posts on it.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I'm just surprised that someone with so many posts here doesn't have an idea of how long this process takes and if something like loadline was anywhere near close there would be a million posts on it.
All i can is well lol...

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Switch Kernel can allow the patched booting of decrypted games like loadiine did.

The issue is that after 3.0.0 nintendo changed the keys so if anything was to come it would only load games from 3.0.0 or below. Basically look at the ps4 and 1.76 firmware, it's a similar issue. The hope to play newer games will be to have an exploit found on newer firmware.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, interesting, I'll eat my words then. Does it actually allow for full title replacement, though, or just injecting assests into memory?
I'm not sure, I'll ask. But good news is that since this kernel exploit theoretically doesn't require any patched vulns, it can probably run any game up to the latest firmware. Of course this is speculation since I'm only going off of what I've heard from someone else, but it makes sense.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is that after 3.0.0 nintendo changed the keys so if anything was to come it would only load games from 3.0.0 or below. Basically look at the ps4 and 1.76 firmware, it's a similar issue. The hope to play newer games will be to have an exploit found on newer firmware.
The real issue with the key change is we don't have the key to decrypt the game. So without the key you can't obtain the decrypted contents to load them in a similar way as the wii u. If we had the decryption key to gain those contents in theory we could load those games so long as they don't rely on new features in newer firmware

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing that requires 3.0.1 or above will be able to run as we do not have the keys for it to be able to decrypt.
Since the sploit can work on 3.0.1+ these keys can be obtained. smhax != prerequisite for qlutoo's exploit

Though maybe I do have a misunderstanding.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the sploit can work on 3.0.1+ these keys can be obtained. smhax != prerequisite for qlutoo's exploit

Though maybe I do have a misunderstanding.
If that's true then that's some really good news. If not, I still won't feel bad about updating. I've chosen to use the switch as a console first, and if I get homebrew anytime in the future cool, if not I'll still enjoy my switch anyway. There is just too many good games coming out for me to stay low, especially when no dev has given a definitive statement on the ability to play legally purchased higher firmware games in the future.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-11-4_19-15-8.png

upload_2017-11-4_19-15-22.png

This is basically all I asked, take what ya will.

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is basically all I asked, take what ya will.

At no point does that convo state that any form of exploit works for 3.0.1+. We still need a kernel exploit for 3.0.1+. All he is saying is that kernel exploits in the future can be found without smhax, which we already knew.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At no point does that convo state that any form of exploit works for 3.0.1+. We still need a kernel exploit for 3.0.1+. All he is saying is that kernel exploits in the future can be found without smhax, which we already knew.
The whole point I'm trying to make is that this kernel exploit, assuming it has not already been patched, will work on latest firmware. The only way that this exploit won't work on 3.0.1+ is if nintendo patched it at the same time as smhax. If I'm misinterpreting your claims please correct me, but this is what I can respond to what you say right now ^^;

stevjd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The whole point I'm trying to make is that this kernel exploit, assuming it has not already been patched, will work on latest firmware.

Again if this was the case we would have the keys for 3.0.1+ as they would be easy to get with a kernel exploit, I think you are misunderstanding how exploits work.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole point I'm trying to make is that this kernel exploit, assuming it has not already been patched, will work on latest firmware. The only way that this exploit won't work on 3.0.1+ is if nintendo patched it at the same time as smhax. If I'm misinterpreting your claims please correct me, but this is what I can respond to what you say right now ^^;

The convo you quoted just says what is factually true: kexploit is an advanced and better alternative of smhax. It does everything smhax does but better because its not as limited as smhax is (which doesn't have arb rw privileges, for example).

The question is if the kexploit was or wasn't for <3.0.0, and that isn't in any capacity answered by the conversation. Actually, if anything, its answered that it isn't on new firmware because a kexploit on current firmware wouldn't need to decrypt then patch a game to run, since it has access to all current decryption in theory (though not necessarily in practice yet) through controlling the kernel. Much as how the <3.0.0 switches already had access to fully decrypted <3.0.0 software.

As I said, if it was a current firmware exploit, I'd be surprised if everyone was completely mum on "do not update" when 4.0.0 hit because they'd have had no knowledge of what was patched in 4.0.0. Warnings to not go past 3.0.0 were loud and clear long before smhax came to public fruition, the reason was because they had no idea what would or would not be patched and, much to the chagrin of many, 3.0.1 closed the hole.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually kernel exploit doesn't guarantee you'll get keys. Clearly you don't know about exploits if you think a mere kernel exploit guarantees we get the keys. You'll more likely need trustzone without a bug like smhax.
Plus no devs have officially confirmed they do or don't have kernel 3.0.0+ nor keys. And we likely won't hear anything about that until whatever vulnerability they used got patched (if it is true)

I think he means the software decryption bypassing which in theory is "having the keys" just that you are never handling them, and just letting the Switch handle it and then intercept the packet/data and then dump it in its decrypted state. At which point, you don't need the keys. Just let the Switch do it for you.

Last edited by V-Temp,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again if this was the case we would have the keys for 3.0.1+ as they would be easy to get with a kernel exploit, I think you are misunderstanding how exploits work.
Actually kernel exploit doesn't guarantee you'll get keys. Clearly you don't know about exploits if you think a mere kernel exploit guarantees we get the keys. You'll more likely need trustzone without a bug like smhax.
Plus no devs have officially confirmed they do or don't have kernel 3.0.0+ nor keys. And we likely won't hear anything about that until whatever vulnerability they used got patched (if it is true)
You may have access to decrypt with kernel, but you won't necessarily have the keys. Looking at the 3ds even with a9lh we still needed to obtain keys online for decrypt9, which had kernel access

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality