Translation Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) Translation Project

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not cancelled but they are looking for translators cause someone dropped off and theres just one guy doing all the work.. they posted about it a month ago or so..

SebastiaMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I've been digging and waiting since I was 6th grade 2014 but I still haven't lost patience yet, I truly hope this will go on no matter how many years pass, this is just absolutely effortly done "patching an entire Japanese Game English just for free Wow" Please carry on.

(I couldn't post a positive comment on 2014 because I couldn't make a stable account. But now I can and I did, so please Kudos work well )

Last edited by SebastiaMatt,

Flagship

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a really ambitious undertaking for sure, but I'm very much excited to see what could come of this.

I thought I'd comment to let you know that if you needed more time to dedicate towards this project, I would happily support you through Patreon (as I'm sure many others here would do too) in order for you to get closer to achieving your desired outcome for this project. I understand It might be complicated to set up since you have ex-contributors to this project but I think if you manage to resolve that it could be worth trying.

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My last post was in march and its now july and were still here in the dark about the situation of the patch guys :/

The last comment made by @KHHsubs said all the main story is done - both in-game text and the cutscenes. None of the substories have been done............this was posted Sep 23, 2014

so since then there's been nothing :( I don't want to say its dead but it really seems that way with the lack of updates from anyone working on this project

from one fan to another first and foremost i want to say well done and that there should be more companies localising their games as default when released so we don't need to translate them ourselves frankly the region locking and certain language only games is archaic something id expect 30 or more years ago but not in this day and age

I like many others still really need to play both Kurohyō: Ryū ga Gotoku Shinshō (Yakuza Black Panther) and its predecessor and find it almost impossible without English text because of how story driven the games are and how complex the mechanics

So i implore you to find a translator who is keen to finish the project as soon as you are and not leave people in the dark for another 3 years

Aegehn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I don't know why, but I don't receive an alert everytime someone posts in the thread. So I received a mail for SubLoverD's post, but not for those before.

First, a small correction : KHHSubs comment was from last December, not 2014... Still the story was completed a year ago already.

So why is there no news anymore ? Because there is no work done since a long time. As KHHSubs said, the main story is done, but that's it. And what's left is in a rough state, because everything that was written in japanese is now written in gibberish : as translated texts grew in size, there was the need to find something to reduce, so I reduced the japanese character table, which saved up a lot (there's a character for every kanji used in the game), but now everytime the text contains a kanji or a kana that has been erased, it display a "*" instead. Meaning that while everything that has been translated displays correctly, everything else is unreadable, and kinda disturbing to the eye. That also include things like items descriptions, etc.

I don't want to release something in this state. I could quickly upload an iso somewhere, post the link on some chan and let it spread, but I think the work done by those who worked on this deserves better. I hope you understand.
I'd love for a translator to pick this up, and finish the work with me. If that do not happen, someday I'll let it go and I'll release it, but with the release of Y0, Kiwami and 6 coming, I hope the license sparks some interest to new translators.

So here is what I offer you : if nobody wants to work on this up to 3 months after the latest release of Y6, I'll release it "as is".

Until then, if you are a translator and you want to help, please PM me.

Sorry for the long silence.

goth2191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello everyone,

I don't know why, but I don't receive an alert everytime someone posts in the thread. So I received a mail for SubLoverD's post, but not for those before.

First, a small correction : KHHSubs comment was from last December, not 2014... Still the story was completed a year ago already.

So why is there no news anymore ? Because there is no work done since a long time. As KHHSubs said, the main story is done, but that's it. And what's left is in a rough state, because everything that was written in japanese is now written in gibberish : as translated texts grew in size, there was the need to find something to reduce, so I reduced the japanese character table, which saved up a lot (there's a character for every kanji used in the game), but now everytime the text contains a kanji or a kana that has been erased, it display a "*" instead. Meaning that while everything that has been translated displays correctly, everything else is unreadable, and kinda disturbing to the eye. That also include things like items descriptions, etc.

I don't want to release something in this state. I could quickly upload an iso somewhere, post the link on some chan and let it spread, but I think the work done by those who worked on this deserves better. I hope you understand.
I'd love for a translator to pick this up, and finish the work with me. If that do not happen, someday I'll let it go and I'll release it, but with the release of Y0, Kiwami and 6 coming, I hope the license sparks some interest to new translators.

So here is what I offer you : if nobody wants to work on this up to 3 months after the latest release of Y6, I'll release it "as is".

Until then, if you are a translator and you want to help, please PM me.

Sorry for the long silence.

So a year from now more or less, seems fair I guess.
Thanks, I hope you all the luck with the project! (hopefully Yakuza 0 and Kiwami get other translators interested)
If the project get released I'll gladly make some art to commemorate it, you can quote me on that.

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SubLoverD here first off i am honoured to receive a message back and i am very happy there has now been an update

I completely understand you not wanting to release something in said state and you are ofcourse right the work done by those who worked on this deserves better

we have to find a way of fixing this unreadable kanji or a kana situation

with all these new releases i too hope the license sparks some interest to new translators or sega get off their lazy asses and bring out official translation patchs of their own for the games

however that being unlikely what we now need is a translator talented enough to help you finish so we need to spread this and ask for help the only thing i can thing to do is contact your team and ask them for help or if they known anyone who can help

JesterDK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jumping in very late, and I unfortunately don't have any way to offer my own help somehow, but I am definitely happy to see that something is out there for this, and hope that at least SOMETHING gets released eventually! Even if we can't enjoy the game as well - I know I would love to be able to wander around Y1 style cities again, and am confident I could manage to at least do that and hobble through a story I couldn't understand if someone even just translated all the menus.

It looks like more than that is already done, so it's already a massive victory for me, whenever it may come! Sorry I can't myself, but I hope you get the help you're looking for, and I'll be lurking around to try and get ahold of whatever comes out when it does! Good vibes @ the awesome people.

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
apart from Aegehn has already stated he is waiting for the right time

so waiting for the right time? what does that mean exactly i mean to me it sounds as though he intends to release it as is which is what he said before if he couldn't get any help on further translating the subquests and other minor details
also he mentioned having issues with the kana/kanji and without a translator to help it does indeed seem stuck

I find it hard to believe somewhere in this community there isn't someone who could help translate or at least knows somebody who can help COME ON PEOPLE we need to get this known so someone can help finish this!

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so waiting for the right time? what does that mean exactly i mean to me it sounds as though he intends to release it as is which is what he said before if he couldn't get any help on further translating the subquests and other minor details
also he mentioned having issues with the kana/kanji and without a translator to help it does indeed seem stuck

I find it hard to believe somewhere in this community there isn't someone who could help translate or at least knows somebody who can help COME ON PEOPLE we need to get this known so someone can help finish this!

you do it then.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Rather than the lackluster reply Freqman gave you. Allow me to give you my two cents on this:

Of course there are people that COULD do it. However, those people have other priorities like other projects to work on etc... and yeah sure there are some who could do it but dont want to do it. Because why should they? I mean translations are a lot of work and not everyone is cut out for that type of commitment and dedication. I mean there are people who are not fans of Yakuza who could translate this game but they dont want to since it wont benefit them at all. But in most cases from what i have seen, some translations are not completed simply due to a lack of translators since they are a dime a dozen.

So basically what i am trying to say is that unless you can find some Yakuza loving fan who is interested in helping to translate this game, we are pretty much at a stalemate where we probably will end up with whatever progress Aegehn has made thus far which for me is better than nothing at all. If you want to find people to help translate then i suggest going to Yakuza or Sega related forums. YES those exist and i am sure after asking around someone might be interested in helping out.
Good luck:grog:

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, , Reason: You now what...
Reactions: SubLoverD

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you do it then.

don't you think if i could then i would have? ofcourse i would have! its a Yakuza game for god sake IMO they should have all been ported 100% in English but its not my place to make this reality

All i can do is be patient and give words of encouragement to those brave souls who are trying to translate the game completely free for us fans they have done so well so far and i want them to finish for multiple reasons the main one being so their hard work isn't for nothing

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

SubLoverD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rather than the lackluster reply Freqman gave you. Allow me to give you my two cents on this:

Of course there are people that COULD do it. However, those people have other priorities like other projects to work on etc... and yeah sure there are some who could do it but dont want to do it. Because why should they? I mean translations are a lot of work and not everyone is cut out for that type of commitment and dedication. I mean there are people who are not fans of Yakuza who could translate this game but they dont want to since it wont benefit them at all. But in most cases from what i have seen, some translations are not completed simply due to a lack of translators since they are a dime a dozen.

So basically what i am trying to say is that unless you can find some Yakuza loving fan who is interested in helping to translate this game, we are pretty much at a stalemate where we probably will end up with whatever progress Aegehn has made thus far which for me is better than nothing at all. If you want to find people to help translate then i suggest going to Yakuza or Sega related forums. YES those exist and i am sure after asking around someone might be interested in helping out. Oh i would recommend asking around on Shenmuedojo.net too since i saw a thread there talking about Yakuza and i now that forum has people who can translate Japanese to English so it is worth asking around.

Good luck:grog:

Your reply was very well written worth reading and its obvious you know what your talking about

You are correct we are pretty much at a stalemate currently with the translation process and as you said need to find people to help translate so out of curiosity have you been to the Yakuza or Sega related forums to ask? or the Shenmuedojo.net?

What did the thread there talking about Yakuza entail? you said yourself you know that forum has people who can translate Japanese to English

The progress Aegehn mentioned previously was a 100% story subtitle completion and it being the subquesty things only being minor translated and as you said its better than nothing at all

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You are correct we are pretty much at a stalemate currently with the translation process and as you said need to find people to help translate so out of curiosity have you been to the Yakuza or Sega related forums to ask? or the Shenmuedojo.net?

No admittedly, i have not been to any forums and asked for help(this whole thing only really occurred to me when i saw your post lol).

Regarding other Sega or Yakuza forums, below are a few that i have never personally used. But its worth asking around (i found them via quick google search)
http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?114-Yakuza

http://www.segaforums.com/index.php

http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?282-PSO2-(JP)

Yes i now that last one was a PS02 forum but those guys can translate. So i would recommend asking around and seeing if you can get someone to help out.
Oh and yes there are MORE forums out there, so definitely ask around and see where the Yakuza or Sega fans hangout. They must have a main hub where they all interact, so try to find it.(unless it is one of the forums i linked you above.)

Oh and regarding this translation. I personally only care for story since that is the type of gamer that i am. But if you want a chance of finding someone to translate the Sub-quests, well then i hope my advice above will be able to help you in some shape or form.

Ciao and Goodluck :mthr:

Last edited by Abu_Senpai, , Reason: You now what...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...