• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Las Vegas Shooting

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened when i was about 2 miles away from mandalay bay. The morning after i got in my mario cosplay and when and filled my truck with cases of water. I then donated my time and energy loading trucks with the supplys stock piled at the blood banks. Ive been a emotional mess and dehydrated from tears. I made some art for a memorial on the strip u may have seen. A heart with angel wings and LoVe below it. Ive been ralling my local cosplay groups to go to the hospitals and cheer up the wounded.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Hanafuda:
My point was to actually prove how easy is for a child to acquire guns. If you're just stupid enough to say: "Stupid, the kids aren't buying them, their parents are" then you have something wrong with your statement.
If you're stupid enough to say: "Stupid, he isn't holding an automatic, learn the difference" then once again you have something wrong.
If you're stupid enough to say: "My parents gave me guns when I was a child, and I've hunted with them" while at the same time claiming there's nothing wrong with children acquiring any sort of guns, then you can't come here saying that there isn't a real problem.

And in general, you just CAN'T say that: Oh, I feel sorry for what it happened in Las Vegas and Sandy Hook, shame on the KID WHO LEARNED TO SHOOT THANKS TO HIS PARENT WHO GAVE HIM A GUN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Now tell me, isn't that a REAL MENTAL PROBLEM WITH MOST AMERICANS who defends the idea of CHILDREN LEARNING TO SHOOT, AND SOCIETY ACQUIRING WEAPONS?

That's just hypocrisy. Feeling "sad" for scenarios you've been taught to accept and promote with your stupid laws.

Last edited by Gizametalman,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
This happened when i was about 2 miles away from mandalay bay. The morning after i got in my mario cosplay and when and filled my truck with cases of water. I then donated my time and energy loading trucks with the supplys stock piled at the blood banks. Ive been a emotional mess and dehydrated from tears. I made some art for a memorial on the strip u may have seen. A heart with angel wings and LoVe below it. Ive been ralling my local cosplay groups to go to the hospitals and cheer up the wounded.
That's awful, I'm so sorry you had to be part of it!! It's good you got to help though.

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I plan to respond, guys, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Past 2am here, need to sleep.
Was planning to be waiting for your response, but now that you told us you're going to tomorrow, I think I'll rest for today. Thank you very much for letting us know. Seriously, I don't know what I would do not knowing if you were going to respond
/s

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Gun Laws will do nothing. If people really want to shoot up a place they will do anything they can to get the guns illegally. Illegailising drugs didn’t stop junkies from taking drugs so why should it stop terrorists?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gun Laws will do nothing. If people really want to shoot up a place they will do anything they can to get the guns illegally. Illegailising drugs didn’t stop junkies from taking drugs so why should it stop terrorists?
Gun laws have done a lot in other countries, but for America I'm inclined to agree with you because of the number of guns already out in the wild. The least we could do is cut down on legal magazine size, though, you don't need 100 rounds (or even 50) to hunt deer. Also bumpstocks that modify semis to full auto are probably a step too far. We can't keep up the arms race forever, cops have fucking tanks again thanks to Jeff Sessions.

Last edited by Xzi,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Gun laws have done a lot in other countries, but for America I'm inclined to agree with you because of the number of guns already out in the wild. The least we could do is cut down on legal magazine size, though, you don't need 100 rounds (or even 50) to hunt deer. Also bumpstocks that modify semis to full auto are probably a step too far. We can't keep up the arms race forever, cops have fucking tanks again thanks to Jeff Sessions.
As part of the gun law reforms, Australia did a gun buyback, paying people market price for their newly illegal weapons then destroying them, which solved the problem of there being too many guns in the wild. The same thing could be done in the U.S.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You are a true hero, sir.
I always find it heatwarming to know people like you are out there.

On a second note, I'm pretty sure we can all agree it was a complete moron who did this and that is was completely moronic he could so easily get a hold of assault rifles.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Offer a monitery reward for them to be handed in, simple fix. And there's no way to argue America can't afford it.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Americans hold their constitution to such high regard.
A constitution is supposed to protect the basic rights of the people in a nation from its government. Unfortunately, not that long ago a lot of unconstitutional things have been happening, and it has become, according to George W. Bush anyway, "just a goddamn piece of paper."

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
2 million I think, but they're incredibly vocal
To be fair, a lot of NRA members are rich and influential weapons manufacturers and dealers, so they have rather more clout than an average citizen.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A constitution is supposed to protect the basic rights of the people in a nation from its government. Unfortunately, not that long ago a lot of unconstitutional things have been happening, and it has become, according to George W. Bush anyway, "just a goddamn piece of paper."

Well it is isn't it? And sometimes "basic" rights need to be removed for the greater good. Or at least try to make sure it's regulated and not just anyone can get a gun.
Also, I'm not saying the entirety of the constitution is stupid, just I don't understand it's arms policy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all