tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@dominater01 This is your lucky day :)

Just released RetriX 1.9.2, which adds support for variable frame rates: cores run at the frequency they specify instead of being locked to 60Hz.
This fixes the Wonderswan core (runs at 75Hz) and should ensure PAL game systems run properly too.
hi abestos thank you for all your hardwork i would just like to ask will you make your file hasher open source anytime soon?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dominater01 This is your lucky day :)

Just released RetriX 1.9.2, which adds support for variable frame rates: cores run at the frequency they specify instead of being locked to 60Hz.
This fixes the Wonderswan core (runs at 75Hz) and should ensure PAL game systems run properly too.
@Absestos sounds alot better thanks for the quick fix, is there anything like that you can add for the playstation so it would play alittle bit faster? like a frameskip or something i know the core doesnt have dynarec but if it plays fine on pc maybe the xbox needs something to boost it alittle

Last edited by dominater01,
D

Deleted User

i have try out a few games for psx and not even one is playable .
the most only show black screens and even the 2 d ones like alundra ,castlevania or harvest moon are not working.
and the other cores working same like always sadly i dont see any difference or any improments in this version on xbox.
but i really hope in further updates i gona be better.

edit: i think the deneryc update is also not coming anymore or am i wrong?
did you get the bios?

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am excited that work on retrix is happening again. for now, is there anything visually different between the older version and the newer version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also the GitHub page mentions sega Saturn, is that out?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am excited that work on retrix is happening again. for now, is there anything visually different between the older version and the newer version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also the GitHub page mentions sega Saturn, is that out?

1. no it looks exactly the same i doubt it'll ever look different or have more settings

2. no sega saturn support he said multiple times he cant get it working

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make a retail version? As long as it doesn't emulate the game systems natively it shouldn't violate the ms store policy. Couldn't you just make the cores for each system installed/loaded via USB, than market it as a file browser/launcher of sorts?

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just make a retail version? As long as it doesn't emulate the game systems natively it shouldn't violate the ms store policy. Couldn't you just make the cores for each system installed/loaded via USB, than market it as a file browser/launcher of sorts?
I was thinking what would happen with a dos emulator say and releasing it officially since it is not a "gaming system" technically. It is the same reason why we still have zx spectrum emulator in the windows store today.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking what would happen with a dos emulator say and releasing it officially since it is not a "gaming system" technically. It is the same reason why we still have zx spectrum emulator in the windows store today.

exactly the policy only states that the app can not emulate a game system, nothing about emulating other forms of hardware, so i take it they classify the spectrum as a personal computer. technically retroarch its self is not an emulator or capable of emulating game systems natively, rather it is just a front end capable of launching various applications, not exclusive to emulators.

Reactions: kingtut

Absestos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
With regards to a retail version: what Retroarch does (downloading libraries -cores - and running them) is specifically forbidden and I think also technically blocked in UWP. This is for security reasons: the app submitted for certification may be harmless but some core it downloads and runs isn’t.

About bundling with dosbox or ZX spectrum: those systems are tricky to get working due to their greater flexibility. For example, not a single standard gamepad for the platform or the fact they expect to write to the game’s location (consoles games are basically read only)

Also, minor RetriX update: when opening a file that can be opened by multiple cores, like a chd, from file explorer, RetriX allows selection of which core to run it with.

Absestos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.aftnet.net
XP
Country
Italy
One more bugfix release, this time I added support for screen rotation.

Some cores, like Finalburn Alpha, render games at an angle (90 degrees clockwise or upside down, I really have no clue why), with the front end responsible for rotating the image back to normal.
RetriX 1.9.4 gains this capability, so you can play stuff like the original arcade Donkey Kong without twisting your neck.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Some cores, like Finalburn Alpha, render games at an angle (90 degrees clockwise or upside down, I really have no clue why), with the front end responsible for rotating the image back to normal.
RetriX 1.9.4 gains this capability, so you can play stuff like the original arcade Donkey Kong without twisting your neck.
Thanks also any chance of you releasing the source code for your hash checker

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can play contra arcade finally normally

RenatoAlencar

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, folks! I'm new to using Retrix on Xbox One. Is there anyway to save in-game, or is it only possible through save states? If there is, should I close Retrix in any specific way to preserve the save? I closed it using the Home button and then terminate. When I opened the same game again, the save wasn't there. Thank you for your time!

Anonym123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hello. Can I ask is there any way to use code from psx emulator WinPSe10 and implement it to RETRIX? Because I tried that emulator yestreday and its working and its fast enough to be playable.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Can I ask is there any way to use code from psx emulator WinPSe10 and implement it to RETRIX? Because I tried that emulator yestreday and its working and its fast enough to be playable.
1 thats not our emulator

2 thats not how that works

3. xb1emu is scummmmmmmm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM