Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

Tamamo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
BotW with rev 001 requires 3.0.1 to be played. It might contain 3.0.2 as an update tho.
How do you know its 3.0.2? Did you update? If so did you clear the update cache beforehand?

I just got my Switch the other day and BotW is the only game I had. I remember it prompted me for a download, though I don't recall if it installed anything.

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check the revision on the cartridge with the thread in my signature. You will see whether it needs a newer FW.
If it's not listed make a post please

After a quick check on my SMO (v 1.1.0) cartridge LA-H-AAACA-EUR HAC-008 AAACA27A001 ask me to update on 3.02 FW as i mentioned in my post in this thread the 25 december (page 12).

If it's like Tamano, when you insert the cartridge and press"A" to play the game, the console ask you to do an update mentioned as 3.02 before you can play the game...

Last edited by bubulle,

estuche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, can anyone please clarify what serial on the cartridge I should be looking for if I wanted to play Skyrim on 3.0.1? Thanks!

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, can anyone please clarify what serial on the cartridge I should be looking for if I wanted to play Skyrim on 3.0.1? Thanks!
Check the tread in my signature. There are pictures explaining where you find what information on the cartridge.
You have to look for a revision 000 cart, but we have no post stating what FW it requires. A 001 requires 4.0.0 btw.

estuche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent thank you !!

Edit: I can confirm like others that specifically version 000 of Skyrim works on 3.01

Last edited by estuche,

Drynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do the newer copies of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe come with the game updates on the cartridge or do you still have to download them?

Yes, at least for the cart i did buy, alas it was 4.0.1, so beware...

Did this a bit over a month ago, did'nt find any info about this at that time, tought it was 2.3.0..., just noticed that my switch is now at 4.0.1 even thus it as always been offline since 2.0.0. I just looked at the back and it is even a revision 2 cart.

Japanese Mario Kart

LA-H-AABPA-JPN
AABPA08A002

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.2.0 Switch (all physical copies)

Sine Mora EX - works ok :)
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack - asks for update :cry:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - asks for update

Ewwwww, I really wanted to play Azure Striker Gunvolt. Does anyone knows if it requires 2.3.0? If so, I would happy update from 2.2.0 to 2.3.0.
Homebrew is cool and all, but I also need to play something on my Switch :P

Last edited by PolloDiablo,
Reactions: InsaneNutter

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My EU physical copy of Lost Spear [TSA-HAC-ADWYA-UKV] just arrived and it can be played on 3.0.2 :O. Software version of the game cartridge is on 1.1.0 and comes with ENG, FR, DE and JPN language options.
Hy can you please also post the last 3 numbers on the backside of the cartridge? Thank you

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
I figured this might help some people get the right Zelda without opening the box
1mkqGZS.jpg

thanks for this. any chance you can detail the same for pokemon tournament box. what code should i look for to confirm its 3.0.0 on the cart please? i have an unopened copy here

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks for this. any chance you can detail the same for pokemon tournament box. what code should i look for to confirm its 3.0.0 on the cart please? i have an unopened copy here
Pokken needs to have a revision code of 000.
Also as I said under the post you quoted, the boxing does not guarantee a specific revision! You still might end up with a 001 in a T1 box. Dont rely on it!

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokken needs to have a revision code of 000.
Also as I said under the post you quoted, the boxing does not guarantee a specific revision! You still might end up with a 001 in a T1 box. Dont rely on it!

ah ok thanks. luck of the draw then.. heh :P

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't really know if it's ok to post here about this, but if a game on the list in the OP says that it comes with X update, does it mean bundles with it come with that too? Considering getting the Mario & Rabbids bundle and the game is for under 2.3, but any way to know what FW version each bundle comes preinstalled with?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.