Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
El Dimentio said:
I'm wondering, is a port of the PC game The Sims 2 possible? Its requirements to run on Windows fit nicely on the Wii, perhaps with some watering down it could run nicely.

I know ... I'm asking for way too much, aren't I?

Okay I know this is an old post but I think you'd be hard pressed to try and port the original SIMS to the wii let alone the SIMS 2.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I did post this in the emulation forum but I guess this is worth adding...

Wii Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight

I've used DOSBox-Wii and configured and compiled it to work and autoboot the classic gory Amiga/PC game 'Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight'. This version is the original PC game running via DOSBox-wii (1.5) which simply autoboots into the game and has the controls mapped and binded to the wiimote so that you no longer need to use a usb keyboard.

Moonstone%20-%20A%20Hard%20Days%20Knight_2.png
Moonstone%20-%20A%20Hard%20Days%20Knight_8.png

Moonstone%20-%20A%20Hard%20Days%20Knight_4.png
Moonstone%20-%20A%20Hard%20Days%20Knight_7.png

To run simply extract the moonstone zip file and place the moonstone folder into the apps folder on the wii and then load as normal via the homebrew channel.

Controls:
Use the wiimote's d-pad to move your knight and the button's 1 to attack and 2 to bring up your magic item inventory screen. To skip the game's long intro press the - button. Only 1-player games currently work.

Thanks to Dborth and Carl Kenner for porting DOSBox to the Wii and to Todd Prescott, Rob Anderson and Mindscape for creating the original game on the Amiga and PC. Baboon for getting the game to work, autoboot and play on the wii etc.

Moonstone is officially free Abandonware so there should be no problem sharing it.

For more infomation on this classic game (including tutorials on how to play) visit the excellent fan made site: http://www.moonstonetavern.co.uk/

Download (version 1.1): http://www.mediafire.com/?5652sgz5p97gqq9

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the good work.

If I could make a wish, there are three PC-games that would be fantastic to see ported:

Frontier - First Encounters
Darklands
Warlords 3 - Darklords Rising

This would be something to wish for. =)

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would age of empires 1 or 2 ever work? :3
or would the resolution be a problem? or other factors?

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would love to see the Crusader games make it over to the wii using dosbox as a loader. Kind of how Turrican II works. Problem with that is Crusader are CD games (with awesome Sountracks) I have both the play station and Saturn ports, the controls are stiff on both version and the saturn version seems to have a bug where it plays the same music CONSTANTLY!

edwin4649

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a port of skyrim arena or fallout 1 or 2 would freaking amazing and yes their still is source codes for all 3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1