Gaming Looking for DS Lite repair service

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, recently not knowingly, I picked up to use my Nintendo DS Lite and noticed that the hinge was damaged and not functioning like normal. So I decided and attempted at purchasing a new housing case with all essentials I found on Etsy for my DS Lite thinking and assuming that I could install it myself. I partially succeeded.. but I only had so much patience and failed eventually in the attempt to do and was not able to complete the housing switch.

Sadly after losing my patience, I threw away all the components needed to do the housing change because I became so frustrated lol. I was wondering if by any chance if I purchased another housing case if someone in this community know of a service to install a housing case for those that need repair? I also noticed that for some reason the bottom touch screen has lost it’s originality and has become a tinted yellow color and I have been considering replacing it with a brand new whiter screen.

So I am trying to find something affordable but where I can repair and add a housing I like and customize a DS Lite.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of tedious, so most people are gonna want more money than the system is worth to swap the housing. If you are incapable of learning to fix it yourself - best value is to buy a new one.

If you're really attached to it you can probably find someone willing - but they will want at least $20 on top of you paying for shipping back and forth.

$12 housing + $20 for repair + $10 shipping = $42

There are some on ebay going for $25, save yourself some money and buy another one.

Last edited by x65943,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
So, recently not knowingly, I picked up to use my Nintendo DS Lite and noticed that the hinge was damaged and not functioning like normal. So I decided and attempted at purchasing a new housing case with all essentials I found on Etsy for my DS Lite thinking and assuming that I could install it myself. I partially succeeded.. but I only had so much patience and failed eventually in the attempt to do and was not able to complete the housing switch.

Sadly after losing my patience, I threw away all the components needed to do the housing change because I became so frustrated lol. I was wondering if by any chance if I purchased another housing case if someone in this community know of a service to install a housing case for those that need repair? I also noticed that for some reason the bottom touch screen has lost it’s originality and has become a tinted yellow color and I have been considering replacing it with a brand new whiter screen.

So I am trying to find something affordable but where I can repair and add a housing I like and customize a DS Lite.
I've done dozens of DS repairs. How much were you looking to spend?

Reactions: Cloud9Skywalker

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done dozens of DS repairs. How much were you looking to spend?

Honestly, no more than what the console it worth. Would you supply the parts or only handle the labor. All I would like changed is the housing to a
Special Edition DS Lite Zelda housing and a new bottom screen. Perhaps send me an estimate through PM. If you provide this service do you also provide a warranty?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, no more than what the console it worth. Would you supply the parts or only handle the labor. All I would like changed is the housing to a
Special Edition DS Lite Zelda housing and a new bottom screen. Perhaps send me an estimate through PM. If you provide this service do you also provide a warranty?
If you already have the replacement housing it'd be easier and cheaper if you sent it with the DS. If not I'd use one of these and I'd have to add the cost of the housing into the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Housi...hash=item3d23ce0aa7:m:mvTImvljcrqqDGoPdwzfRjQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-D...740518?hash=item2cb87cb0e6:g:A00AAOSw241Ycq-Y

Less expensive one is from China, but as you can imagine will take so much longer to arrive.

What kind of warranty were you thinking of? I mean I can guarantee my work, that it won't fall apart or fail to turn on and function. I test everything thoroughly before it leaves my workbench. But I can't help it if you were to drop it and break it and unless you pay for brand new screens which would have some kind of warranty from the seller you or I bought them from, those wear out after ten or so years.

" no more than what the console it worth" "If you provide this service do you also provide a warranty"
and people wonder why console repair and more than mod chip services don't exist.
This^ I still do the odd modded console and throw it online for sale and maybe some work for friends and acquaintances and try to provide aftercare. But more often than not it's accidental damage or user error that people try to get me to fix for them.

Reactions: x65943

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have the replacement housing it'd be easier and cheaper if you sent it with the DS. If not I'd use one of these and I'd have to add the cost of the housing into the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Housi...hash=item3d23ce0aa7:m:mvTImvljcrqqDGoPdwzfRjQ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-D...740518?hash=item2cb87cb0e6:g:A00AAOSw241Ycq-Y

Less expensive one is from China, but as you can imagine will take so much longer to arrive.

What kind of warranty were you thinking of? I mean I can guarantee my work, that it won't fall apart or fail to turn on and function. I test everything thoroughly before it leaves my workbench. But I can't help it if you were to drop it and break it and unless you pay for brand new screens which would have some kind of warranty from the seller you or I bought them from, those wear out after ten or so years.

This^ I still do the odd modded console and throw it online for sale and maybe some work for friends and acquaintances and try to provide aftercare. But more often than not it's accidental damage or user error that people try to get me to fix for them.

Yeah I can provide the replacement housing, I would need to purchase one, when I purchase it instead I can have it shipped to you (it'd be easier and cheaper - I can do this with the lower touch screen as well.) I can then ship to you the DS Lite seperate by mail to your address.

(At the point of agreement, perhaps this topic should be moved to Trading Area or Online Stores and Purchases for documentation of the forum? If people on this forum could vouch for your work that would be enough for me to seal the agreement. I just need credibility.)

Im sure you do test everything thoroughly before it leaves your workbench. But, as far as the warranty.. It's just to be rest assured that it will continue to function normally as it should during the first month to guarantee that it won't fall apart or fail to turn on and function.

No no, I understand. This isn’t about dropping it and breaking it. But like I mentioned I do want to replace the bottom touch screen with a new one as well, along with a new housing. Like I said send me a PM with a reasonable quote on the labor since I am providing everything. Let's work something out, I can pay you half before and the remaining amount when I receive the console..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz