Hardware Looking For Replacement Pro Controller Buttons

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title describes. I haven't been able to find any. I'm trying to customize the controller and reflecting the colors using the JCTool program. (They are call Programs not Apps People Relive 2000) I'm wanting to change the color of the buttons. If anyone has suggestions on how to do so please post. I don't really want to paint the buttons

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It tends to take a little while longer before such things pop up.

Having a look at https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/p5JrXiZEYE21viMQ.huge they do not appear to be anything special.

Model them and get an account with someone like https://www.shapeways.com/materials
From there you can have them printed in any number of materials, colours and such.

There are ways to dye plastics as well, though depending upon your start colour it can be harder. If you want to get really fancy you could even do metals after a fashion https://www.thomasnet.com/articles/custom-manufacturing-fabricating/how-to-metalize-plastic/
How many places will be offering low volume alterations like this, either locally or a "send us a nice padded envelope" type affair, I do not know. It is used to restore certain things or modify them but it is not terribly commonplace in most places I have been.

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just bought 4 "broken" Joy-Cons.... Is there really no replacement to buy like buttons, the shell etc.
I was so sure there must be spareparts somewhere at the internet and I bought the broken Joy-Cons before I looked if there are replacement stuff....
Now I think there is no way to fix them and I spend (its my fault) the money on broken garbage...
The problem with the "broken" Joy-Cons are things like "ZL Button doesn't work" or "Analog Stick broken"

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not gone looking but usually we see such things pop up when
1) Someone actually goes and makes them.
2) Ghost shift in the factory ;China is big, however the factories in Shenzhen are not so big that people can't speak to each other and put together bits either stolen or made using the same dies.
3) Someone buys in the stuff that technically failed quality control but is still works well enough.

In your case you have a few options
The broken things might be simple parts -- Nintendo might make the PCB and shell but the parts that go on the PCB are likely off the shelf. If it is a broken push button switch then find one which will fit and then.
Merge multiple joycons into one. If the zl button is broken on one but works on the one with the broken stick then maybe see if you can put the stick assembly from the broken zl joycon in the broken stick one and have a working joycon as a result.

With that said if I am telling you the things above and you did not bother to look for some replacements before buying the broken things then maybe cut back on the buying broken things.

Reactions: Frexxos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended