Gaming Looking to get back into older FF games

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've enjoyed the classic VII-X and a bit of X-2 and XII, and this game. I'm one of those who can't stand the XIII series. But I've been playing Dissidia and I want to get to know its characters better.

I know 1-6 have been remade and ported several times, the problem is it's hard to keep track. so I'm looking for the best/most complete versions of each game.

Obviously I have access to a PSP, I also have a 3DS and GBA.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Final fantasy 4 on NDS is on steam, but the psp is complete edition.
Final fantasy 3 on psp is the same as NDS and steam,
Final fantasy is a 2 in 1 on both PSP and GBA i think.
Final fantasy 5 & 6 is on steam and based on the ios one, I recommend the GBA game over it

The best i can suggest, GBA games and some remakes have a run feature YOU WILL BE HAPPY FOR over the first time release on classic nintendo systems that do not run feature which makes things longer over most of others.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i say

1 PSP
2 PSP
3 PSP
4 PSP
5 GBA or PC
6 GBA or PC
There was a PC 5 & 6? Nice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Final fantasy 4 on NDS is on steam, but the psp is complete edition.
Final fantasy 3 on psp is the same as NDS and steam,
Final fantasy is a 2 in 1 on both PSP and GBA i think.
Final fantasy 5 & 6 is on steam and based on the ios one, I recommend the GBA game over it

The best i can suggest, GBA games and some remakes have a run feature YOU WILL BE HAPPY FOR over the first time release on classic nintendo systems that do not run feature which makes things longer over most of others.
Makes sense except for 3 on PSP being the same as NDS version. I've seen a 3 on PSP that looked more like NES than NDS.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Coin toss on that than since I have access to both. Thanks.

The 3 I saw must have been a fan port.

Final fantasy 4 is closely based on the retro snes game, but the NDS one has the same graphics as 3, and voice overs. The steam and mobile ports are based on the NDS version, but the PSP one is just as good and includes the direct sequel of the after years that was exclusive to wii ware back in 2008. In other words, is the FULL story of final fantasy 4 on psp, without the 3d graphics and voice overs.

Reaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 on DS has stuff LOCKED out if you do not cheat or do adhoc stuff

the PSP version is the same game, but no stuff is locked out
Oh yeah, ds servers. Good point. I might cheat the Mognet towards the end of the game when I go backtracking for side quests. I take my 3DS out a lot more than my PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise