Mad Catz Makes Its Comeback

Mad Catz, the legendary name is video game products and accessories, is Back in the Game, some nine months after closing their doors.

Proof positive that Mad Catz has at least nine lives, the company is back, under new management, with new ideas, and new products!

We have so much more to share through the year, but suffice to say, the new Mad Catz is dedicated to creating state-of-the-art, high quality products, designed in-house to rival anything available today. At CES 2018, the first in the new range will be unveiled in the form of a range of new PC products.

4.png 3.jpg 2.png
:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah man, I'll have to pay attention to what they roll out. They were always the goto for third party Nintendo accessories. I always got GBA link cables from them, Gamecube controllers with one of them being transparent, a little small in size, kind of like a slim Xbox 360 controller, also a similar style but wireless. Good times. I could do for a mouse and headset replacement.

Reactions: cvskid

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a gameshark gba from them. And it didn't work straight out of the box. Bought another. Also didn't work. I had to open it and bang the pins into place to get it to read my game cards.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i wonder how many people will be happy about this.
do they really believe there is a gap in the market for stuff that they will make? :wacko:

wouldn't it be at least two lives?
since if they died and closed once, now they are back.
or have they gone 8 times?
let the people have their jokes

Reactions: cearp

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Weird as I bought their $200 arcade stick for PS4 brand new a few weeks ago, must be old stock.

Anyway nice of them to bring some competition to the table regarding PC peripherals. As much as I love razer products I'd like someone else at their level with durable products for a change.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Weird as I bought their $200 arcade stick for PS4 brand new a few weeks ago, must be old stock.

Anyway nice of them to bring some competition to the table regarding PC peripherals. As much as I love razer products I'd like someone else at their level with durable products for a change.
They've been pretty shoddy in the past. I owned one of their RAT mice.. And it was subpar.. Not worth the $60 I paid for it.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think ive ever owned a decent madcatz controller but had one for psx, ps2, gamecube and wii.... im an idiot who doesn't learn apparently....

D

Deleted User

Not sure why anyone would buy them up, no one was crying when that cat was put to sleep.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
we had a plethora of mad catz branded stuff from battery packs to gameboy lights, chargers, grips and controllers. and they all broke way too quickly ridiculously fast even.

maybe the stuff differend between countries, but here, they were garbage.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all of their products was poorly built trash, from their memory cards that would randomly erase/corrupt, from the controllers that would break after a week
I doubt this stuff will be any different, they are also entering a pretty crowded pc peripheral space

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
all of their products was poorly built trash, from their memory cards that would randomly erase/corrupt, from the controllers that would break after a week
I doubt this stuff will be any different, they are also entering a pretty crowded pc peripheral space
Hey, I still have some Mad Catz memory cards and controllers from a few years ago, and they work great! I haven't had anything break, corrupt, erase, or whatever!

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You want to talk about a terrible 3rd party? Let's talk about Pelican...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger