Hacking Mandatory Updates on Disc?

dyerseve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3.55 PS4 with an Amazon Uncharted 4 bundle. I plan to stash it away until the current exploits get more refined but in the meantime I thought perhaps i can play Uncharted 4 offline.
My question is I cannot seem to find a clear answer to this question (right now my console is completely offline):
Does the disc force a system update? Does it force a game update? Does it have an update on the disc?

If I put the system online but block the downloading of the PUP update file, will i be able to get a game update without the system update as well? I noticed it seems disc versions may require older firmware but game updates then require newer firmware.

On here: https://www.orbismodding.com/ it looks like uncharted 4 needs 5.01 but i'm guessing that's because of an update, the game on the disc can't require that as it was boxed up long before 5.01 came out.

tnt2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My system came with 3.51 I tried to play horizon but it asked me to update to 4.07 , I took out the cd and nothing after happened, I'm not sure about uncharted 4 though it shouldn't ask you to drive as my console came with uncharted 4 but never really tried it

Reactions: dyerseve

dyerseve

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it and it worked with no update prompts at all. Thanks for the advice!
Anyone know about firmware version needed for Dragon Quest Builders?

My system came with 3.51 I tried to play horizon but it asked me to update to 4.07 , I took out the cd and nothing after happened, I'm not sure about uncharted 4 though it shouldn't ask you to drive as my console came with uncharted 4 but never really tried it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.