Hardware Mayflash MAGIC-NS Wireless Controller Adapter for NINTENDO SWITCH & PC

DarwinG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just got mine, and it works almost perfectly. Easy connection of joycon to PC and my wii u pro controller works.

The only problem I have is that in games, the Wii U pro controller keeps registering an up-right press of the joystick when it is not touched at all. This is more of a problem in minecraft than mario kart or Puyo puyo tetris, but it still irks me.

Does anyone know a way to fix that?

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

They have found the problem and already worked out a new firmware to fix it.

http://www.mayflash.com/MAGIC-NS firmware update V1.06.20170815.rar

tetrabrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, I'm definitely getting one of these when I get my switch. will save hundreds by reusing ps3 and wii u pads!
in a perfect world, this would be a standard feature of the console. but I get it that they have to make their $$ on hardware

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of days ago I had an incident where the DS4 all of a sudden stopped working and my joycons wouldn't let me play MK8 either. I had to restart the game. Probably not an adapter issue then...is this the known "joycon sync issue" or what? I'd soldered an extra wire in the left joycon for better signal before it happened. Maybe just an application error of sorts...

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine and I think it's worth mentioning that it works in handheld mode, all that's needed is a USB A to C adapter!

I've been testing it with an Xbox One controller and a micro USB cable, works great.

Does anyone know if there's an adapter for regular Xbox one controllers that works with this?

Reactions: Xabring

RZLinkandIGirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got mine a couple days ago, works fine with my Switch. But if I set my Switch to "Sleep mode" by choosing "Sleep" button via the UI (i.e. not pressing the button on the console), once I turn the Switch on again, the adaptor won't turn on (the light of the adaptor is off) even I plug in out, then plug it in again. To "activate" the adaptor, I have to do either one of following steps:

1.unplug the adaptor, turn off the Switch, turn it on again, then plug in the adaptor again to make it working again.
2.or unplug the adaptor, plug it in a laptop (I guess other USB hosts should be same), if the light of the adaptor is on, then plug it back to the Switch, will work again. But via this way, the light of the adaptor may not be always on.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

Thanks.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine a couple days ago, works fine with my Switch. But if I set my Switch to "Sleep mode" by choosing "Sleep" button via the UI (i.e. not pressing the button on the console), once I turn the Switch on again, the adaptor won't turn on (the light of the adaptor is off) even I plug in out, then plug it in again. To "activate" the adaptor, I have to do either one of following steps:

1.unplug the adaptor, turn off the Switch, turn it on again, then plug in the adaptor again to make it working again.
2.or unplug the adaptor, plug it in a laptop (I guess other USB hosts should be same), if the light of the adaptor is on, then plug it back to the Switch, will work again. But via this way, the light of the adaptor may not be always on.

Thanks.
You should probably contact Mayflash support about that

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.

I do as well. It's just simple enough to unplug it after putting the switch in sleep mode.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

RZLinkandIGirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the reply, just did more tests today and found that problem is pretty inconsistent. Finally only can confirm two things:
1. The adapter only can't turn on after the Switch console is turned into sleep for a relative long time (a few minutes).
2. To activate the adapter again, actually just need to plug it out, and wait a few minutes, then plug it back in.

Last edited by RZLinkandIGirl,

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to get it working on Linux? The standard ways (jstest, sixad, xboxdrv) do not work, and mayflash support said to just use windows as Linux isn't supported. Anyone know how?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really interested in buying that adapter, but does it support rumble feedback?
Would be a shame if it didn't...

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned my adapter on and cycled through the colors, usually it is just red-green-blue, but today, purple showed up and lsusb says that it is nintendo...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm really interested in buying that adapter, but does it support rumble feedback?
Would be a shame if it didn't...

No, it doesn't (at least not yet)

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i recently bought this for using my switch pro controller on pc, works great wired, but wireless connection is weak... today i updated to firmware 1.10 from their website, adding purple led mode called "switch pro mode", but i think is broke... after flashing for about 3 seconds disappears and my controller can't be paired with the device, wired or wireless... AND now i can't cicle the colors (and modes), cause you need to press the button mode for 5 seconds, but the magic-ns stops flashing after 3... great! -_-'

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played half an hour Rabbid Kingdom on my TV but when I did I played with my DS4 and it was perfect.

DivineZeus

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way, i don't understand this new purple led switch pro mode... is the name referred to a new profile for the nintendo switch console where controllers rumble (very likely), or to a new mode only for the switch pro controller? arghhh, all this redundant names! :(

Last edited by DivineZeus,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, i don't understand this new purple led switch pro mode... is the name referred to a new profile for the nintendo switch console where controllers rumble (very likely), or to a new mode only for the switch pro controller? arghhh, all this redundant names! :(
Reading what mayflash has on their site, the purple LED mode is NOT for use on a PC. All it does is make the controller seem like a pro controller on the switch so it can support rumble. If you are using a PC, use only the blue or green LED modes (blue preferably).

Also, if you want to use a pro controller on the PC, you don't even need this adapter. All you have to do is connect it with Bluetooth. It works perfectly with my joycons, and I believe it also applies to the pro.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading what mayflash has on their site, the purple LED mode is NOT for use on a PC. All it does is make the controller seem like a pro controller on the switch so it can support rumble. If you are using a PC, use only the blue or green LED modes (blue preferably).

Also, if you want to use a pro controller on the PC, you don't even need this adapter. All you have to do is connect it with Bluetooth. It works perfectly with my joycons, and I believe it also applies to the pro.

It is still unclear what the purple mode actually does as the red mode is used for the switch. If you use lsusb on linux, red shows as Hori Ltd. and Purple shows as Nintendo...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8