ROM Hack Medarot 9 Kabuto version English Translation Project

Which Medarot game besides Medarot 9 needs to be translated?

• Total voters

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
[UPDATED 28 NOVEMBER 2017]
[RELEASE WIP]

Hello Everyone,

It has been a while, but finally we have something to give to you all.
Even though it isn't much and probably not exactly what you all hoped for, I still think you will enjoy our little effort.
Maybe some of you didn't notice, but today, November 28th of 2017, is the official 20th anniversary of the Medarot series. With some very exciting things happening at Imagineer, I thought it would be a good idea to release our work so far.
On "that 3ds iso" website, I made a thread that contains the link to an actual rom file to play the patch.
Because I didn't have enough time, a real patch will be made in the coming days and will also be attached to this thread.

We have another little surprise for you guys in the future, so please look forward to that.

For now, enjoy the game and keep supporting this franchise in any way you can!
Maybe one of those Nintendo Switch games Imagineer has told us about, is actually a Medarot game?

Kind regards

Old thread:
[UPDATED May 19th 2017]
[Added Progress Screenshots]

[UPDATED 4th Nov. 2016]
[Added Twitch Highlight]

Heey guys!

We are working on an English patch for Medarot 9 Kabuto version.
We already came a long way.
The parts have been translated, the in-game menu has been translated and the first part of the story has been translated.
We still have a lot of work to do, but we are planning to release an early patch with all the parts translated and the UI translated. As a bonus the first part (or more) of the story will be translated and included too.

Some screenshots of the progress[Contains spoilers!]:
0017.png0017.png0018.png0019.png0020.png0021.png0022.png0023.png0024.png0025.png0026.png0027.png0028.png0029.png0030.png0031.png0032.png0033.png

[May 19th]More screenshots!!:
FeoXYee.png

efrh3Mg.png

Yd4EUeq.png

NlHYym8.png

CIR4ZiB.png

WIN_20160909_234636.jpg

Streamed some footage on Twitch:

The original post and edits:
Heey guys!

I want to announce that I started working on a Medarot 9 translation.
I extracted the rom, found most of the text and I already started with translating some stuff.
Thanks to http://m9english.tumblr.com/ for helping with the tutorial so I could test if my method worked the right way.

There is just one problem. I don't have enough knowledge of the Japenese language to translate it all.
I hope some of you who can read and translate Japanese text to english would like to help out.
I want to put up a file with the text that needs to be translated, so I can paste it back in the game.
If this is too much asked, I will do what I can and stop the project when I think I translated all that I could.

I hope you guys like the idea of translating a medarot game and that someone wants to help me out.

EDIT:
I'll be posting some very early screenshots soon.
And to hopefully answer some questions; I needed to search for the files where the text is stored. Found those files. They are easy to customize with notepad++ so far. I am able to rebuild the game back to .3ds format. And when the project comes to an end, I'll probably release it for use with Hans and as .3ds and .cia. And maybe even as decrypted rom for Citra. But I really need some people who can help translating stuff! And maybe even help to search for the other text.
Maybe someone could link Tobias from http://m9english.tumblr.com/ to this page and get him all excited and hopefully help out a bit. I will release an early test version when I translated the most important bits of the UI, if not all the UI.

EDIT#2:
Screenshots incoming!
PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCREENSHOTS

Please note that this is WIP and all these screenshots are made very early in the project.
The first public release can take a while, as I haven't found all the UI text files yet.

Edit#4:
Some new screenshots below
PLEASE SEE THE NEW SCREENSHOTS

Some small things can still change. But we started with the UI and I hope we can show more soon and release the first version.

Edit#5:
I wanted to bring you guys a new update on the project.
It is going great so far. We had some issues and still one issue isn't solved for now.
But we made great progress. The first part of the story, which involves the tutorial has been completed. The Head and Left Arm parts are completed and we are still working on the UI.
I hope you guys keep supporting it and keep telling people about it. All the help you can give us is welcome.
I will post some fresh screenshots soon.

If any of you have some requests for the early patch, please comment below.
If you can help with translating, coding or graphics editing, please send me a PM.
And you can also join the discord channel created by @pikatsu to discuss this game/translation: https://discord.gg/7JnvcCK

Credits:
@Tobias97 : Story and UI translation
@pikatsu : parts and Enemy names translation and coding.
@pikpol : Story coding and management.

Last edited by pikpol,

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Made a little bit of progress.
Since the translations are of a bigger length, I have to shift some words in the dialog.
But it looks good so far:)
I also tried to contact Tobias from the tumblr page m9english, but I have some problems with my account, so if someone else can link him to here, that would be great:)

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried it in the original, it looks quite fun even with the language barrier, good luck man, if you need help don't hesitate I'll try to help with the little time that I have.

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm that Tobias. A couple of months back, I was working on a screenshotted translation of M9 as a passion project. Unfortunately, I was really busy with school so I didn't get to work very far into it. But I'd be very glad to help with this, it'd be nice to have some help and making an English patch is always the better option. This is perfect timing too, since I'm off from school til September.

Last edited by Tobias97,
Reactions: DarthDub and pikpol

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I'm that Tobias. A couple of months back, I was working on a screenshotted translation of M9 as a passion project. Unfortunately, I was really busy with school so I didn't get to work very far into it. But I'd be very glad to help with this, it'd be nice to have some help and making an English patch is always the better option. This is perfect timing too, since I'm off from school til September.
Nice to hear that!
You would be a great help!
I hope you got some more text already translated, as on your tumblr it said you were only taking screenshots for update 3 and would then publish it.
Please PM me for more information and stuff and that we can disguss how we're going to do this.

As for @samcambolt270
We are very early in the process.
But as we now have one graphics editor and a full translator we can start to work on a higher speed and get more stuff done.
First we will focus on UI and release the first version.
After that we will translate everything else.
Translation projects take a lot of time, but I hope we will have some good results soon
As I will keep sharing screenshots of key improvements. and maybe even a short video if we translated the first part of the game.

Reactions: DarthDub

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try to finish some updates with the free time that I have now, unless you prefer to just send me the text. I'm actually halfway done with the game, I just never had the chance to do the updates.

Reactions: DarthDub and pikpol

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can try to finish some updates with the free time that I have now, unless you prefer to just send me the text. I'm actually halfway done with the game, I just never had the chance to do the updates.
You could just finish those updates:)
At a later point we could switch to just sending the text. as I already found that some text in the files aren't called in the game. maybe those lines of text are for the kuwagata version of the game?

Tobias97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very likely that those are the Kuwagata lines. All right, I'll try to hustle with these updates, I've sat on update 3 for a while.

Reactions: DarthDub

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Medabots is my childhood so I'm excited for this. I'm working with team Geat Ace Attorney but if you need some helps with graphics I can help.

Reactions: pikpol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: That's what I like to see B-) +1