ROM Hack Medarot 9 Kabuto version English Translation Project

Which Medarot game besides Medarot 9 needs to be translated?

• Total voters

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone.

Pikatsu has created a discord channel for everyone to join.
So if you are interested in this game/translation and you wanna talk about it, please join the channel via this link: https://discord.gg/7JnvcCK
Another thing I wanna point out is that we are still working on it (ofcourse) and we are making good progress towards the first early patch release.
So please stay tuned for a little longer.
Thank you all for the support and keep spreading the word around!
Yeeeeee!!! im excited!!! ^^

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty awesome project, didn't know about this.
The results of the poll disappoint me though. I played 7 in Japanese and I quite enjoyed it, shame it has so little votes.

Reactions: pikpol

Powerrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Way cool that you guys are translating this game. Can't help sadly. However I do wonder since this would be a rom where everything is in English? How will it be for those that own the game legally? Like I own a physical copy with a JP 3DS. Would there be like a walkthrough somewhere?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Way cool that you guys are translating this game. Can't help sadly. However I do wonder since this would be a rom where everything is in English? How will it be for those that own the game legally? Like I own a physical copy with a JP 3DS. Would there be like a walkthrough somewhere?
Depending on how they release it really. Ideally if they release the modified romfs files you can load those over a physical game using Luma3DS' ROMFS modifier (only in nightlies as 6.6 is still latest stable) or you could use something like Smea's HANS. Alternatively you can use Decrypt9 to dump your physical cartridge and overwrite the romfs files accordingly then repack it into .cia or .3ds whichever is applicable to you although I hope it's cia because fuck gateway and sky3ds. Whatever the case, you're gonna need a modded 3DS to run modded games.

Powerrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depending on how they release it really. Ideally if they release the modified romfs files you can load those over a physical game using Luma3DS' ROMFS modifier (only in nightlies as 6.6 is still latest stable) or you could use something like Smea's HANS. Alternatively you can use Decrypt9 to dump your physical cartridge and overwrite the romfs files accordingly then repack it into .cia or .3ds whichever is applicable to you although I hope it's cia because fuck gateway and sky3ds. Whatever the case, you're gonna need a modded 3DS to run modded games.

I already don't really want to go modding either of my 3DS to be honest. Why I'm hoping for a walkthrough. I know there is one on Tumblr from someone who's on the Rising Beetle forum, but I'm already way past how far that one is... And I'm stuck in the game.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already don't really want to go modding either of my 3DS to be honest. Why I'm hoping for a walkthrough. I know there is one on Tumblr from someone who's on the Rising Beetle forum, but I'm already way past how far that one is... And I'm stuck in the game.
There is only 1 single guide you ever need to follow and anything else can be considered absolute garbage.... Like Tumblr overall btw

This guide: https://3ds.guide

Powerrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe. We'll see.
Also I'd like to PM, but I am legit confused as to where I can even start that on this site.
I also see linking to Rising Beetle in your signature. I'm also on there if that helps in some way.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe. We'll see.
Also I'd like to PM, but I am legit confused as to where I can even start that on this site.
I also see linking to Rising Beetle in your signature. I'm also on there if that helps in some way.

Click someone's name in the box on the left and then click "send pm"

uwOjv3a.png

wke6Bz6.png

Powerrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I literally do not have that option.
In the meantime I found the Discord of Rising Beetle and have been helped on my way in game there. But thanks for the info and offer for help anyway.
screenshot_345.png

ZeroShadowMythos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have been following this for a while now. Is there a way I can help out with translating the text? I understand most Japanese (some kanji still does not make sense) and I will be having quite a bit of free time soon. Sorry I cannot help tech wise.

Reactions: SlimPortable

SlimPortable

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty awesome project, didn't know about this.
The results of the poll disappoint me though. I played 7 in Japanese and I quite enjoyed it, shame it has so little votes.
I agree, I voted for 7 too. If I remember right, it had cameos from the original anime cast grown up. Would be an interesting entry to try next.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I have been following this for a while now. Is there a way I can help out with translating the text? I understand most Japanese (some kanji still does not make sense) and I will be having quite a bit of free time soon. Sorry I cannot help tech wise.
You could help us translating the hints. If you're still interested, please PM me :)
Thanks.

Reactions: DarthDub

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree, I voted for 7 too. If I remember right, it had cameos from the original anime cast grown up. Would be an interesting entry to try next.

Yeah, adult Ikki works at the parts store from what I recall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: