MediEvil getting PS4 remaster

PlayStation Experience 2017 has now ended, and one of the more interesting announcements of the night was that the PS1 classic title, MediEvil will be getting a full remaster in 4K, and will be a PS4 exclusive. More details are promised to be revealed "soon". This marks 12 years since the last MediEvil game, which was MediEvil Ressurection for the PlayStation Portable, back in 2005.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all the PSX first party games.......*sigh*. Activision should step up and produce remakes of the Spyro PSX games. And god forbid they make brand new Spyro games. If they produced one as good as Spyro 3 I can nearly guarantee it would sell incredibly well. Although it would need to be in the cartoonish mold of the PSX games. And not the darker style of the next gen versions.

Also a remade, or new, Ape Escape would be great too.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This video doesn't show anything about this game plus Medievil I got Skyrim immersive remaster!
Which 8s even fully dubbed.

Last edited by leon315,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have to say even though i enjoyed playing them on the PS1 all those years ago, and again when it got remastered on the PSP..... do we really need to see it remastered again!

i could get it if sony plan to revive the franchise and release a new medievil game and it be some sort of introduction to those that dont know of the game.

but why not also remaster medievil 2?

id think it would have been best to make a new medievil and include the remasters as a bundle.

i dont think i would want to buy another remake of the same title

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually watched the trailer right now. it doesnt show us anything more than what the thumbnail does. iwannaseemore!

they should do an hd bundle of this series. kind of like they did for metal gear or devil may cry

Reactions: zeveroth

oxitran

Trophies
XP
Country
Holy crap! I cannot believe it, and I cannot wait for it. I'am however a little apprehensive given that it looks like they seem to be going for a more comic tone for the remaster, hopefully it was just for the trailer and not the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i have to say even though i enjoyed playing them on the PS1 all those years ago, and again when it got remastered on the PSP..... do we really need to see it remastered again!

i could get it if sony plan to revive the franchise and release a new medievil game and it be some sort of introduction to those that dont know of the game.

but why not also remaster medievil 2?

id think it would have been best to make a new medievil and include the remasters as a bundle.

i dont think i would want to buy another remake of the same title

The PSP game was a very liberal remaster. In fact, it was so different that I would call it a reimagining. The second game does not deserve a remaster IMO, but I don't think an exact remaster of the original game will hold up to today's standards, just like it didn't in 2006 for the PSP game. So I hope they don't bottle Sir Dans return, especially in the humor department with.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all the PSX first party games.......*sigh*. Activision should step up and produce remakes of the Spyro PSX games. And god forbid they make brand new Spyro games. If they produced one as good as Spyro 3 I can nearly guarantee it would sell incredibly well. Although it would need to be in the cartoonish mold of the PSX games. And not the darker style of the next gen versions.

Also a remade, or new, Ape Escape would be great too.

They were too busy whoring him out for the Skylanders series.

I don't see the community making enough noise like they did for Crash. But since Crash sold well for them they might start looking at older titles that they can remaster for easy money, well see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended