Modded PS3 CFW game name

Hello in this tutorial I will show you how to make a custom PS3 CFW modded game name. I don't have a proper image, but just imagine the game name on your PSN name whatever you want it to be. Your friends can see the modded game name. Also keep in mind this method is the easiest method. There are many harder methods that can mess up the game. I recommend using this method.

Requirements>------

PS3 CFW
Multiman
A "Backup" of a game (Will not work with an ISO game)
PSN account (or this will be useless)

Steps>------

1. Make sure the "backup" of your game is in the proper file location on your PS3.
2. Open Multiman and go to the game you want to rename.
3. Press triangle and press rename.
4. Rename to whatever you want.
5. Now your game is renamed. All your friends will see this when you are online and playing.
6. If you do this make sure after you are done playing on your PS3 you sign out then open PSNinja then select options 1, 2, 3, and 5. If Sony can see a modded game name they will ban you.

WARNING: A BAN IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY. ONLY YOU'RE RESPONSIBILITY.

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a useless troll thing to do. To take the effort to change a game name to either show off or want to "look cool" to psn friends. Just to heighten chances for a console ban. I will admit it would be funny to see someone on psn playing super mario bros or halo. But its like wanting a ecookie for bragging rights. If your gonna run a cfw or be a pirate then u should always stay under the radar and be a ninja. But i guess its just the mentality of egotistical kids these days who want others to think they are "hackers". Well guess what, if your not a scene dev who actually works on reverse engineering or bypassing Drm or enabling unsigned code execution or making homebrew apps or loaders, then your a end user who can follow a guide. Just stating the truth here so dont get too mad and respond with whiney crap and accept reality

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a useless troll thing to do. To take the effort to change a game name to either show off or want to "look cool" to psn friends. Just to heighten chances for a console ban. I will admit it would be funny to see someone on psn playing super mario bros or halo. But its like wanting a ecookie for bragging rights. If your gonna run a cfw or be a pirate then u should always stay under the radar and be a ninja. But i guess its just the mentality of egotistical kids these days who want others to think they are "hackers". Well guess what, if your not a scene dev who actually works on reverse engineering or bypassing Drm or enabling unsigned code execution or making homebrew apps or loaders, then your a end user who can follow a guide. Just stating the truth here so dont get too mad and respond with whiney crap and accept reality

What are you talking about mate? I work on projects for the PS3. I am not a big scene dev, but I have actually dedicated many days of hard work testing stuff on my PS3. Who said I was some big shot hacker? I made a simple tutorial for simple modders who want a bit of fun. You took it to far though. Don't come to a forum all new and instantly talk crap to people when you obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about right now. If you had done some more research then you would know I work on stuff. BTW next time read the entire tutorial. I added a step on how to not get banned because you changed the name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?