• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Duke Shirehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
btw my wii is already hacked , at 4.2,got on this and jst hacked it with had at that time XD, boot mii, priiloader and stuffs, for now I don't have any problem... but I was thinking if I should update everything, and how to? if I update system do 4.3 probably nintendo would block all and I hace to start from 0 :v
(sorry for doubleposting)

Do not update

kelpa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got wii with firmware 2.1
Can I update it by this

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link up42x.zip for your region by emailing [email protected] (you should get a reply with links in a few seconds).
FORMAT your SD card.
Extract the "up42x.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.
Is it safe?

garybracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide was extremely useful, I first modded my Wii back in 2011 but figured I'd redo it just to get updated. However, I'm having an issue playing VC/WW games. They just load up to black screens from the SD card Menu. The n64 ones work fine. What part of the steps was patching the System Menu to make these work? It should have been done in the batch, right? I feel like i'm missing something extremely obvious.

JAWS_XS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch wii with a wiikey. Actually pre-orderd the wiikey lol

I was at goodwill last night and bought a wii and some controllers.

I guess my question is...does that "non-sdhc" still hold true? I see that in the other tuts here. Or is it ok to use sdhc?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a launch wii with a wiikey. Actually pre-orderd the wiikey lol

I was at goodwill last night and bought a wii and some controllers.

I guess my question is...does that "non-sdhc" still hold true? I see that in the other tuts here. Or is it ok to use sdhc?

After it's updated SDHC works fine.

Reactions: JAWS_XS

themacmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide and successfully installed the hack (and CfgUSBLoader) onto a 4.2E system with bannerbomb.

I installed the latest DiosMios but I fear I messed up somewhere, as I have no GC USB support?! Any news on whether this works correctly with 4.2E ???

I have it working on my spare 4.3E machine, and it is working perfectly... now need to find legit GC memory card to go with my controller so I can actually save most game data :-/

mickrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very late coming to the party now, but when I have 5 and 4 year old nephews who destroy everything in their path, then their wii needs modded. Anyway, it was a 3.4e wii, never opened until a couple of months ago. I updated it to 4.3e and used letterbomb to mod it. Got to the "install bootmii as ios" screen and when I try to prepare the sd card it fails with code (-1). I've read elsewhere that this means the software isn't able to write to the card. But I've tried several cards and this happens with all of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

retrofr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, new member here, this site is fantastic, and great advice.
Im after a little help with running vc/wiiware game wads off sd card, my wii is running on 4.3e and got everything up and working hacking wise, ive got the wad channels loaded and then moved to sd card but they fail to launch. Cant find much helpful advice on you youtube for 4.3e.
Any help with this please.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, new member here, this site is fantastic, and great advice.
Im after a little help with running vc/wiiware game wads off sd card, my wii is running on 4.3e and got everything up and working hacking wise, ive got the wad channels loaded and then moved to sd card but they fail to launch. Cant find much helpful advice on you youtube for 4.3e.
Any help with this please.

That's because they are encrypted with the ticket key when they're copied to the SD card. If they don't run from there that means the game wasn't purchased on that console.

You have 4 options.
1. Buy the games on the console you want to play them on.
2. Run them from NAND.
3. Patch your system menu IOS so it doesn't care that the ticket signature is invalid.
4. Run them from a loader using NEEK or emuNAND.

Reactions: retrofr3ak

retrofr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's because they are encrypted with the ticket key when they're copied to the SD card. If they don't run from there that means the game wasn't purchased on that console.

You have 4 options.
1. Buy the games on the console you want to play them on.
2. Run them from NAND.
3. Patch your system menu IOS so it doesn't care that the ticket signature is invalid.
4. Run them from a loader using NEEK or emuNAND.

Thanks Greywolf, so whats the best way to patch the IOS? What app to use and which IOS for the patch for 4.3E? Plus will I encounter any issues with the system or running other apps once ive patched it? Apologies inadvance for the nooby questions.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorted it thanks

Im trying to do the same thing. I grabbed a bunch of wiiware wads from google drive mariocube repository. I was going to install them as channels using MMM, but not sure if that would work. I have them on sd card.

I have no idea what emuNAND is or neek.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, after installing about 5 wads as channels, the wii ran out of memory. so i guess i need the emuNAND?
No, just transfer the channels to the SD card. You can run channels directly from SD - something that was added in later firmware updates. Should be able to transfer them in settings IIRC.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just transfer the channels to the SD card. You can run channels directly from SD - something that was added in later firmware updates. Should be able to transfer them in settings IIRC.

Transfer the channels to the sd card? IIRC settings? Your gonna have to elaborate. I have NO idea how to do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls