• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

More SOPA News

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
not really news
from the looks of it, it's just a youtuber trying to get fame off a popular subject.
He is already famous on youtube, this is him just explaining the fact that people who are against SOPA are also the people who released the tools for piracy.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
not really news
from the looks of it, it's just a youtuber trying to get fame off a popular subject.
He is already famous on youtube, this is him just explaining the fact that people who are against SOPA are also the people who released the tools for piracy.
The video linked was uploaded on the 24th of December, it now has 7,851 views.

That's not famous.

XAlexBlitz209X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not really news

That's not famous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIuYgIvKsc ...that's famous

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
not really news

That's not famous.
He has his own page, that video is just a re-upload, it's not too shocking it would have less views than the original.

Reactions: 1 person

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has his own page, that video is just a re-upload, it's not too shocking it would have less views than the original.
Well that's a mistake on my part; I don't care about SOPA.
No idea why OP didn't just link to that one.

Sorry. I'm currently juggling a few errands but I really wanted to get the video out. Als, yes the guy in the video has a very annoying voice BUT his points are valid. Even if a good majority of us here know what the fight is about and for, there are plenty more who do not and I'm just trying to do my part to pass the word.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Thank goodness SOPA is exclusive to USA. I can't imagine what Sweden would be like with so many anti-piracy laws.

Sadly, if Congress gets the bill thru, they raise the bar for anti-piracy laws on an international level.

I do believe websites like Google, Tumblr, Reddit, Wikipedia and Facebook will make a blackout in protest of SOPA. Am I right, or...?

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SOPA affects every country. That is part of what will be passed with the SOPA bill. Any website, any host, any where.

Typical American [censored]s.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank goodness SOPA is exclusive to USA. I can't imagine what Sweden would be like with so many anti-piracy laws.

Sadly, if Congress gets the bill thru, they raise the bar for anti-piracy laws on an international level.

I do believe websites like Google, Tumblr, Reddit, Wikipedia and Facebook will make a blackout in protest of SOPA. Am I right, or...?
Sadly SOPA is not limited to the USA, it will effect the internet on a worldwide level since it will effect sites like Google and GBATemp will be effected by this law. This law is honestly the worst abuse of power the government has ever come up with and it needs to be stopped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?