Translation Mugen No Frontier Exceed : Super Robot Taisen Og Saga - Open Translation

TempestasLeo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So since you're taking this on I have a question. Are you familiar with the OG series of games? Because this game has a few references and connections to the turn based strategy games by the same name and some translators may goof up on getting those references (Raymond Browning from the first game comes to mind)

Last edited by TempestasLeo,
Reactions: ValkyrieXY

ValkyrieXY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So since you're taking this on I have a question. Are you familiar with the OG series of games? Because this game has a few references and connections to the turn based strategy games by the same name and some translators may goof up on getting those references.

Hello.
I am Valkyrie, the person in charge of checking the translations (see the first post of this thread, pseudo is the same).
Honestly, I never played any Super Robot Taisen/Wars game (except the first Endless Frontier, of course).
But I made a lot of researches on the Internet about those games. So I think I got the info I really need to fully understand the plot of Mugen no Frontier EXCEED.
That said, I would gladly accept some help about checking the consistency of our translation, particularly from a person who is quite familiar with the Super Robot Taisen/Wars series (the same goes for a person quite familiar with the NamcoXCapcom/ProjectXZone universe BTW).

(Raymond Browning from the first game comes to mind)

Ah…I know that the ''Raymond/Lemon'' point is debatable…
OK...
<Take a big inspiration>

So, I read those 2 topics on Gamefaqs :

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944506-super-robot-taisen-og-saga-endless-frontier/50806151

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944506-super-robot-taisen-og-saga-endless-frontier/49811266

And I read those 2 pages on TVtropes (use CTRL+F with the word ‘’Raymond’’ on those pages)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/EndlessFrontier

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/EndlessFrontier

But in fact, above all, I trust the original text, i.e. the Japanese script.

Please look at this :
See the picture attached to this post.

Left : Japanese version of the first Endless Frontier game.
Right : US version of the first Endless Frontier game (English translation done by Atlus).

So, as you can see, in Japanese, it is written ''レモン'' (= ''Remon''), and not ''レイモンド'' (= ''Reimondo'').
I made the choice to trust the original work, so in our translation of Mugen no Frontier EXCEED, we will write this name ‘’Lemon Browning’’.
That said, I know that this point is debatable, so I am OK to discuss about it with you.

If you want to send me a PM, no problem (but remember that on GBATemp you need to post at least 10 times to be able to send a PM).

Attachments

• Lemon Browning.png
    Lemon Browning.png
    504.5 KB · Views: 506
Last edited by ValkyrieXY,

TempestasLeo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I know a fair bit about the games myself (Mostly playing the GBA games, Moon Dwellers, and the Project X Zone games) but if you are looking stuff up I'm sure you'll pretty much get what you need off of the net. But yeah thank you for answering my question. That Raymond line just bugged the heck out of me when I first played EF1. Like come on Atlus you translated OG2 you should know the name you used before XD Also I wouldn't really call it debatable when it is confimed to be Lemon in Moon Dwellers when Haken shows up.

Last edited by TempestasLeo,
Reactions: Pablitox

fieryhellz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing stuff so far, may I ask how likely this will be to be finished? It's always sad to see projects die halfway or the translator disappears for some reason.

Natolom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, I'm one of the translators on this project. Just found out about this thread, I know I'm a bit late. :)

Thanks for all the encouragement and support so far! As for how likely it is we'll finish...well, it's hard to give guarantees with this kind of stuff, but I certainly don't plan on disappearing. We're making decent progress, but with the volume of text compared to the number of active translators, it'll probably take a while yet. On my part I'll do what I can to get the project finished, at least.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, I'm one of the translators on this project. Just found out about this thread, I know I'm a bit late. :)

Thanks for all the encouragement and support so far! As for how likely it is we'll finish...well, it's hard to give guarantees with this kind of stuff, but I certainly don't plan on disappearing. We're making decent progress, but with the volume of text compared to the number of active translators, it'll probably take a while yet. On my part I'll do what I can to get the project finished, at least.

Thanks for the amazing job to you and everyone involved!!

Natolom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unfortunately it's hard give any proper estimate. Depends on a lot of things. Not the most satisfying answer, I know, but there it is.

We've been doing this since June and we're making decent progress, and we just had another translator join which should speed things up. On the other hand, there's still quite a bit of script left.

Thanks for the interst! :)

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Unfortunately it's hard give any proper estimate. Depends on a lot of things. Not the most satisfying answer, I know, but there it is.

We've been doing this since June and we're making decent progress, and we just had another translator join which should speed things up. On the other hand, there's still quite a bit of script left.

Thanks for the interst! :)
A translation can take a long time, andjudging by the amount of files, I'm sure this will take a while.

That being said, I wish you guys good luck in your endeavor! (and....hopefully you can help me later with another lengthy script >_<).

Cheers!

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the luck, appreciate it! And just out of curiosity, what script did you have in mind?
Summon Night 1 for the DS.

Actually I think it's less long, it has less files (less than 50) and only one of them has like 1000 lines, the other have even less.

If you are interested, I can give you access to the drive folder with all the script, so you can see for yourself :),

Last edited by Pablitox,

Natolom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I see. Don't think I really need to have access to the folder right now, your description gives me the idea. :)

Right now the Exceed translation is my priority, but if you still need help with this when we're done I could probably lend a hand in some way.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I see. Don't think I really need to have access to the folder right now, your description gives me the idea. :)

Right now the Exceed translation is my priority, but if you still need help with this when we're done I could probably lend a hand in some way.
That'd be certainly great! I actually have a team but we are waiting for a translator to come up to show proper progress (and also make a real thread). I also have to mention we have tools ready to insert the translated script.

Please PM me once you have got your hands free.

Thank you:)

madmazda86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, happy to help with script checking after translation, I've played the fan translation of NamcoXCapcom, most of PxZ1, all the Xenosaga games, Endless Frontier and a number of the SRW games as well. I'm so happy to see a group doing this, I last looked to see if anyone was working on a story translation nearly a year ago so it was super exciting to find this thread. Drop me a message if you're still looking for someone to help with proofing and content checking :)

Last edited by madmazda86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol