Gaming My External hard drive used to work but it stopped for some reason

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I had a 125 gigabyte hard drive, and I wanted to use that for ps3. I ended up using the fat32format program and it used to work. The thing is after using my hard drive once with the xbox one, my ps3 can't detect it no matter what happens. the pc can detect the hard drive just fine, and I know that my hard drive is compatible because I used it on my ps3 before.

are there other ways to format my external hard drive to fat32 that works well with ps3

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings,

I had a 125 gigabyte hard drive, and I wanted to use that for ps3. I ended up using the fat32format program and it used to work. The thing is after using my hard drive once with the xbox one, my ps3 can't detect it no matter what happens. the pc can detect the hard drive just fine, and I know that my hard drive is compatible because I used it on my ps3 before.

are there other ways to format my external hard drive to fat32 that works well with ps3
Did you look at playstation tutorials of how to replace the HDD or format it? I never tried myself but i think it has something to do with the ps3 recovery system. It can be access by holding the power on button until it beeps 2 times then release (VERY SPECIFIC) there should be a format option there. :unsure:

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you look at playstation tutorials of how to replace the HDD or format it? I never tried myself but i think it has something to do with the ps3 recovery system. It can be access by holding the power on button until it beeps 2 times then release (VERY SPECIFIC) there should be a format option there. :unsure:
oh i wasn't even aware of that option, most tutorials on youtube were using fat32format program. I will check it out

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i wasn't even aware of that option, most tutorials on youtube were using fat32format program. I will check it out
:P

Updated 6 October 2017
Safe Mode on PlayStation 3
  • System & Hardware :
  • Power & System Stability
This article explains how to access Safe Mode on your PlayStation 3, if you are having trouble starting your system.

When should I use Safe Mode?
Safe Mode should be used when the PlayStation 3 system will not start normally.

How do I access Safe Mode?
  • Check that the power indicator on the PlayStation 3 system is solid red.
  • Press and hold the PlayStation 3 system’s power button for ten seconds. The PlayStation 3 system will shut down.
  • Release the power button.
  • Press and hold the power button for seven seconds. Two short beeps will be emitted and a message will be displayed on-screen.
  • Press the PS button on the wireless controller to start the PlayStation 3 system in Safe Mode.
What are the Safe Mode options?
  1. Restart System: Exit Safe Mode and start the PlayStation 3 system normally.
  2. Restore Default Settings: Restore all default settings and delete PlayStation Network account information. You will need to activate your PlayStation 3 system again in order to play downloaded content.
  3. Restore File System: Attempt to repair all areas of the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) where files can be saved. If corrupted data cannot be recovered, it may be erased.
  4. Rebuild Database: Return adjusted settings to the default configuration and restore files. Messages, playlists, etc
  5. Restore PS3 System: Perform a quick format of the PlayStation 3 system memory in order to restore the system.
  6. System Update: Update the PlayStation 3 system software via a mass storage device.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe I missed it, but I can't find where to format usb from recovery mode, I managed to go to recovery mode, but the only options I see are:

1. Restart System
2. Restore Default Settings
3. Restore file system
4. Rebuild database
5. Restore PS3 system
6. System Update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...