Homebrew COMPLETED My first Switch Homebrew

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmm... Strange. I used the default "Hello World" example in the test directory that comes with libtransistor. The changes I made were exteremly minimal so It should have worked :unsure:

This is the source code any case anyone is interested

Code:
#include<libtransistor/nx.h>

int main() {
  dbg_printf("=========================");
  dbg_printf("Hello, Nintendo Switch!  ");
  dbg_printf("                         ");
  dbg_printf("               -wiired24 ");
  dbg_printf("=========================");
  return 0;
}

Actually only debuging is achieved not actual output on screen because libransitor doesn't have the graphics things on it need it to do it , but if you want to test your .nro use mep (switch systems emu) is a good way to do it

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually only debuging is achieved not actual output on screen because libransitor doesn't have the graphics things on it need it to do it , but if you want to test your .nro use mep (switch systems emu) is a good way to do it

Ah that makes sense. Okay thanks

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see you working on Switch stuff ;)

The switch homebrew scene has a lot of fresh energy and excitement around it. To be honest I'm quite exhausted with the Xbox One Scene. I feel like we've pretty much done all there is to do in that space. I'm looking forward to new challenges

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The switch homebrew scene has a lot of fresh energy and excitement around it. To be honest I'm quite exhausted with the Xbox One Scene. I feel like we've pretty much done all there is to do in that space. I'm looking forward to new challenges
Yea. Its sad to say but I think the xbox one side of things has gone abit stale of late. :(

Hopefully things will pick up again though. Theres still alot of potential there I think :)

Reactions: wiired24

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yea. Its sad to say but I think the xbox one side of things has gone abit stale of late. :(

Hopefully things will pick up again though. Theres still alot of potential there I think :)

Not sure.

Xbox emulation isn't worth it (all new exclusives are on PC, and except for Halo I can't think of anything that would be worth it) and for homebrew you can just use a PC instead...

Generally, homebrew on non-portable consoles isn't really worth it imo.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure.

Xbox emulation isn't worth it (all new exclusives are on PC, and except for Halo I can't think of anything that would be worth it) and for homebrew you can just use a PC instead...

Generally, homebrew on non-portable consoles isn't really worth it imo.
A fully hacked Xbox One has ALOT to offer.. Just think with a fully hacked Xbox One we'd have xbox 360 backwards compat (with all the Homebrew that came with it) and Xbox OG backwards compat (with all the Homebrew that came with it)
Just those two things would be amazing, not to mention all the Homebrew that would be natively come to the Xbox One. ;)

But its true that would be the best case scenario [emoji14]

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
nice work, I hope we'll see a savegame manager tool soon.

But just a question, do we need to run PegaSwitch everytime we want to use it ?
(don't you need to run sdb hax once to install the exploit ?)

Reactions: wiired24

Digital_0xFF

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
nice work, I hope we'll see a savegame manager tool soon.

But just a question, do we need to run PegaSwitch everytime we want to use it ?
(don't you need to run sdb hax once to install the exploit ?)
No this a temporary ACE (no backdoor)

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fully hacked Xbox One has ALOT to offer.. Just think with a fully hacked Xbox One we'd have xbox 360 backwards compat (with all the Homebrew that came with it) and Xbox OG backwards compat (with all the Homebrew that came with it)
Just those two things would be amazing, not to mention all the Homebrew that would be natively come to the Xbox One. ;)

But its true that would be the best case scenario [emoji14]
Not to mention Xbox one X would make a very awesome powerful small computer and probably one of the best Media centers on the planet like on Xbox original XBMC and with 2 hdmis and the possibility to use it as a recorder for TV...

My father has a old recorder with DVD burner but no HDMI and no HD quality, if they hacked the Xbox one with something like XBMC and recording possibility I would totally recommend my father to buy a Xbox One over any crap "dying" recorders which I don't see anyone buying them anymore like we used to a few years ago.

The IPTV system we have record TV and my father's keep using it, but it's all encrypted, they don't give the option to take files out because of shitty copyrights in a god damn public paid TV service and the HDD is already full...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: ploggy and wiired24

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr