Hardware My kingdom for a ? lead - times you underran things for the sake of a lead

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorting the heap of junk that will one day give the person that clears this all up a hernia I caught sight of my old VGA box, a device to turn composite video signals into a VGA signal. I used to use it to avoid having to pay TV tax (broadly speaking anybody that can receive TV in the UK gets to pay for it) some years ago.
I was also reminded of the time I had a 360 running through it as I had not yet got it together to get a VGA lead for it. Experiencing Halo 3 in glorious converted to VGA on my lovely 1280x1024 screen.

Eventually I got a VGA lead but was too cheap to pay high street prices for a converter to make it work with my speakers so soldered a plate from my stock together into one (twisting wires did not work well).

Also playing here are times you might have ran things through multiple adapters/couples or silly long lengths for the run actually done.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I felt old a few years back when "old consoles like the N64" was a phrase I saw uttered. Not because I played one as a kid but because I lived through several before then and remember the night I saw footage of the then upcoming N64 on TV.

This was more a "post your crazy lead setups" thread but I did not care to make that the title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey