• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Mystery flashing light on news flash

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PHOENIX -- A large, fleeting flash of light that appeared in the darkened skies over the northwestern edge of metropolitan Phoenix remains a mystery.
The ball of light that looked like an explosion was captured by a traffic camera on Interstate 17 around 4:45 a.m. Thursday and happened to be broadcast by KSAZ-TV when the station showed footage of the roadway during a report on the morning's commute.
The two electric utilities that serve metro Phoenix say they didn't have any reports of electric transformer explosions that might explain the flash.
Damon Gross, a spokesman for Arizona Public Service, says a blown fuse on a transformer can produce a flash, but he said the utility had no such report Thursday morning.
"It's a mystery to us as well. I can't even offer a guess," said Doug Nintzel, a spokesman for the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Charlotte Dewey, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Phoenix, says there was no weather activity that might explain the flash.
Messages left for officials at nearby Luke Air Force Base weren't immediately returned Friday afternoon.
KSAZ is asking viewers to come forward if they have any information about the mysterious flash.
In 1997, dozens of people saw lights in a V-formation over Phoenix, a mystery that was captured on videotape and spurred calls for a government investigation.

Hmm...don't get me wrong. I don't think this is about "UFO" when mostly people think. To me, it look like firework or something they make complete wrong and burst the light make them blind when front of burst of light. At least they have sunglasses, that will be safe. So it just happen on News flash. Tell me your penny in your thought.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/10/flashing-phoenix-lights-a_n_1336382.html?ncid=webmail1

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
It's penny for your thought not tell me your penny in your thought.

Reactions: 1 person

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's ridiculous. Aliens don't existheeeeeeeeyyy..... What's that green and black watch shaped thing in my backyard? WAAAAUGH!!! It attached itself to my wrist and I can't get it off!
/jokes

Reactions: 2 people

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey,
this isn't the first time something like this has happened.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

I was living in central Arizona when the 1997 event happened.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not answer back for long time cuz still waiting new recharge plug for my laptop. Anyway I don't think that will be same on news. It just burst the light for few second.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's ask an expert...

9189283.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0