Hacking N4I Gold Plus.. ntrboot.. bricked.. not working.. please help

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If everyone here thought something and it was wrong, do you really think another website is going to know the truth? If we don't know something, there's no chance another site will. If they did, someone would see it and report here.
Yep. There is a good chance that other sites know the truth (like in my example). I've read much bullshit during the past months and much of it didn't get corrected for quite a while. There are way more stupid endusers on this site than people who actually know their stuff.

IAs for youtube videos. Which people are more likely to watch a video. Those with good English (or whichever language the video is in), or someone with poor English? People watch videos because they find reading difficult. Changing the description isn't going to help those people. And then there's people who are just lazy (another group who would prefer to watch videos than read). They would likely not bother looking at the description. All in all updating the description is not going to help the majority of people who look at videos.
Some people watch videos because they think that it's easier to follow the steps if they actually see what's beeing done. It's much more convenient. You can say in the video that people should read the description and there are infocards, comments etc. (many people read the comments - even if they don't read the description).

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like I am causing an issue posting here.. I am getting there seems to come across issue after issue.. I put Decrypt9 in the 3ds.. not the .bin but the .firm file.. I am now getting "initialization failed" A to exit" that is all.. i get that with seconds.. anymore suggestions? I cant seem to find the answer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like I am causing an issue posting here.. I am getting there seems to come across issue after issue.. I put Decrypt9 in the 3ds.. not the .bin but the .firm file.. I am now getting "initialization failed" A to exit" that is all.. i get that with seconds.. anymore suggestions? I cant seem to find the answer.
You probably need aeskeydb.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep. There is a good chance that other sites know the truth (like in my example). I've read much bullshit during the past months and much of it didn't get corrected for quite a while. There are way more stupid endusers on this site than people who actually know their stuff.
Can you provide an example? This wouldn't ever be the case. People fall over themselves to post stuff here - if the information was available anywhere (and it was anything interesting) it would get posted here.

Some people watch videos because they think that it's easier to follow the steps if they actually see what's beeing done. It's much more convenient. You can say in the video that people should read the description and there are infocards, comments etc. (many people read the comments - even if they don't read the description).
People who can speak good English but choose to follow youtube videos even though they can read are the minority. The majority are people that have poor English (so being told to check description won't help, they are only there for the visuals - even if they can understand being told to check they would have trouble reading it and understanding), or who are lazy (who wouldn't check the description if told - they are looking at the video because they don't want to read).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you provide an example? This wouldn't ever be the case. People fall over themselves to post stuff here - if the information was available anywhere (and it was anything interesting) it would get posted here.
As I wrote, back in november EVERYONE here and on the nintendo hacking discort thought that the r4i cards from r4i-sdhc.com don't have timebombs while chinese shop blogs stated that they have a timebomb "maybe" (which is a yes given the circumstances).
How often did I read that people said that cards are or are not supported by ntrboot which was not true (especially with all the r4isdhc.com cards).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As I wrote, back in november EVERYONE here and on the nintendo hacking discort thought that the r4i cards from r4i-sdhc.com don't have timebombs while chinese shop blogs stated that they have a timebomb "maybe" (which is a yes given the circumstances).
How often did I read that people said that cards are or are not supported by ntrboot which was not true (especially with all the r4isdhc.com cards).
So what website was it that knew the truth? When confirmed, did the information make it to gbatemp or not?

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What file? The CTR transfer one? Put it in a folder called files9. Open Decrypt9 and go to sysNAND options -> CTR transfer -> auto. If those options don't appear let me know as I am just going off memory.

yes sir you are correct.. i did exactly that.. would notcomplete flash... so i ran force install.. it did just that however it seems to have made things just as bad.. when I boot up the 3ds i get stack dump... many lines of code.. reads "An exception occarred"..

seems that I need a decent nand to flash...

any more ideas?

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try putting it at /gm9, then navigate to it using GodMode9, press A, then CTRNAND image options, and then transfer to ctrnand.

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will give this a go.. I read somewhere if you have a corrupt sysnand you can fix it in someway?? I have a hacked 2ds if this helps.

I made a backup when unbricking it.. however it is corrupt..

This is hardly no information on Laraus3ds.. I have had a little look.. but limited information..

This n3ds bricked while being downgraded or hacked..

Thank you for all of the help.. I am grateful.. I am new to this scene..

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will restore all SysNAND partitions, but with some console-specific signatures removed. Think of it as restoring an universal nand backup.

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the reply dude.. only trouble is if I am not noob fed I struggle to understand what it is what I should be doing or indeed what tools to you..

snoogy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know the video I linked is in Spanish, just download the files from the link in the description and copy them to the indicated place

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can learn more from the read me on the github page:
https://github.com/AnalogMan151/Lazarus3DS

I would just like to give an update.. thank you very much for all your help. thank you very much PowerBall253.. I am very grateful.. I want to give something back to the site. Is there a donation page?

thank you guys

PowerBall253

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to give an update.. thank you very much for all your help. thank you very much PowerBall253.. I am very grateful.. I want to give something back to the site. Is there a donation page?

thank you guys
Im here to help :)
About donations, you can donate in https://www.patreon.com/gbatemp (copied from the other comment)

Last edited by PowerBall253,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.