Homebrew [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I have a problem, mario 64 frezze with the star sound at the title screen why ?
Just got my DSTT flashcard, and I still haven't been able to get this working. It worked before on my R4i RTS.

Problem: Two white screens after the DSi bootup intro.

I downloaded "DS Game Forwarder pack (DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, SC DSONE).7z".
1) I put the files from "for Slot-1 microSD (DSTT)" folder onto the root of my flashcard micro SD.
2) I put the files from "for 3DS SD Card" folder onto the root of my 3DS micro SD.

Ran Forwarder3-DS (Current version: v2.9.3)
1) In the FORWARDERS tab I set target to "DSTT/R4i Gold/..."
2) In the FORWARDERS tab I checked "Automatically set ROM path"
3) In the TWLOADER tab I selected "ROMs on flashcard's micro SD card.
4) In the TWLOADER tab I checked "Automatically set ROM path"

Inserted my flashcard micro SD into my PC.
1) Dragged and dropped an .nds ROM file from the flashcard micro SD to the Forwarder3-DS program.
2) Created the forwarder .cia file.
3) Installed the .cia file via FBI.
4) Reinserted the flashcard into the 3DS.
5) Ran the newly created forwarder icon. --> Two white screens after the DSi bootup intro.

What went wrong here?

The game was: Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass, The
Yeah same,it seems forwarders don't work with that game,i saw it on the compatibility list...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah same,it seems forwarders don't work with that game,i saw it on the compatibility list...
If it's on the compatibility list, it works, both with forwarders and TWLoader. You almost definitely haven't updated the bootstrap though, which is what affects compatibility... The one in the package in the OP is severely outdated by now. https://github.com/ahezard/nds-bootstrap/releases

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
If it's on the compatibility list, it works, both with forwarders and TWLoader. You almost definitely haven't updated the bootstrap though, which is what affects compatibility... The one in the package in the OP is severely outdated by now.

Wow thanks for your reply....Sorry if I'm bothering,but can you tell me how to update it? I'm still new at this...and do dsi enhanced titles work now?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Nope, not in the HOME Menu.
Use TWLoader. It has a 3DS HOME Menu theme.
Ok thanks,by the way I have a kind of good new....Fire emblem 12 Heroes of Light and Shadow (wich is the english patch for fire emblem 12 and a dsi enhanced title) forwarder worked for me! My flascard wouldn't even detect it and then I tried to create the forawrder it gave me a .cia file,not an nds,I installed it and the forwarder worked just fine,it just has a blank banner but the forwarder and the game itself work perfectly,considering that my flashcard won't even detect the game....

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks,by the way I have a kind of good new....Fire emblem 12 Heroes of Light and Shadow (wich is the english patch for fire emblem 12 and a dsi enhanced title) forwarder worked for me! My flascard wouldn't even detect it and then I tried to create the forawrder it gave me a .cia file,not an nds,I installed it and the forwarder worked just fine,it just has a blank banner but the forwarder and the game itself work perfectly,considering that my flashcard won't even detect the game....
Check here for a fixed banner.
OP said:
also, check out:
Animated banner icons for your forwaders!
For hacks/translations of DSi-Enhanced games, find a fixed banner above.

4. If you're playing a hack/translation of a DSi-Enhanced game that has it's banner/title edited, find the banner for the game above, right click on the game in Forwarder3-DS, click "Import banner", and click on the banner to use.

Sabresite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting the "rom selection" issue - I would appreciate any help you can give @Robz8.

Flashcard - R4i Gold 3DS RTS - with pack installed
Roms are in: flashcard://roms/
CFW - Luma (newest)
When I did Forwarder3-DS:
C:\Fowarder3-DS\ has the jar file
C:\roms\ has the roms
Interface Selections:
- Target: R4iDSN/R4i GoldRTS
- Automatically set ROM path

CIAs generated properly and installed correctly as far as I can tell. I rebooted the 3DS.
Then when I open a specific game (let's say Pokemon White, but it happened with any of them), I get a ROM selection menu down the left side.

What should I do?

Last edited by Sabresite,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am getting the "rom selection" issue - I would appreciate any help you can give @Robz8.

Flashcard - R4i Gold 3DS RTS - with SD pack installed
Roms are in: flashcard://roms/
CFW - Luma (newest)
When I did Forwarder3-DS:
C:\Fowarder3-DS\ has the jar far
C:\roms\ has the roms
Interface Selections:
- Target: R4iDSN/R4i GoldRTS
- Automatically set ROM path

CIAs generated properly and installed correctly as far as I can tell. I rebooted the 3DS.
Then when I open a specific game (let's say Pokemon White, but it happened with any of them), I get a ROM selection menu down the left side.

What should I do?
If you didn't make any mistake in that post of yours, then you have the roms on your hard drive and not on the SD card. Besides that, you must load the roms from the SD card to make the CIA forwarders, otherwise they won't work.

Sabresite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't make any mistake in that post of yours, then you have the roms on your hard drive and not on the SD card. Besides that, you must load the roms from the SD card to make the CIA forwarders, otherwise they won't work.

I was hoping to use the forwarders to run them from the flash card since Pokemon games don't run from SD.s

EDIT: I fixed the problem. I missed this step: Extract what's in "for Slot-1 microSD" to the root of the flashcard's microSD card, and (if folder exists) "for 3DS SD card" to the root of the 3DS SD card.

Last edited by Sabresite,

MaiconErick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not possible to extract the .cia contents?

I want to edit the icon.bin's flags so the installed forwarder is not shown up on the home menu.

Last edited by MaiconErick,

MaiconErick

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried a bunch of different YSmenu versions (and TT from RetroGamer's package), the only way to play Pokémon Black2/White2 on my flashcard is using the original kernel/firmware. Is there a way to make a dummy forwarder to load my card's r4.dat?
Here's the file.
I'm using your forwarder v1.5. Couldn't make the last versions work with my card.
I just want a forwarder for Activity Log purposes. :(

Cody777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm having a little issue with this and I'm having a hard time finding the solution, I'm following all directions I believe, even double and triple checking my work but when I boot games up it goes past the dsi intro page and comes up with a top black screen and a bottom white screen that doesn't disappear. I'm on a 2ds and using the sd card method, if anybody could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Cody777,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended