RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE" and "3DS SD Card" forwarder templates are now updated to use 48khz sound!
In ntr-forwarder.ini, set SOUND_FREQ to 1 to enable 48khz sound.

NOTE: Both are untested, but they should work.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: Olmectron

Saphiredurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE" and "3DS SD Card" forwarder templates are now updated to use 48khz sound!
In ntr-forwarder.ini, set SOUND_FREQ to 1 to enable 48khz sound.

NOTE: Both are untested, but they should work.
Thank you so much man you seriously rock! Your work in the TWL side of things and scene in general has been amazing. Thanks for all of your work ^_^.

Also, is there any chance the template for the R4 Gold RTS would be updated to support this as well? :o

I also would like that, but sadly, the forwarders are made as DSiWare, so not possible. :P
Fair, I figured xD. Do you think the TWL side DS splash screen may ever be available for the R4 Gold RTS? Seems like they have some pretty weird firmware stuff going on with that card and it's sort of a bummer ;-;.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much man you seriously rock! Your work in the TWL side of things and scene in general has been amazing. Thanks for all of your work ^_^.

Also, is there any chance the template for the R4 Gold RTS would be updated to support this as well? :o
Fair, I figured xD. Do you think the TWL side DS splash screen may ever be available for the R4 Gold RTS? Seems like they have some pretty weird firmware stuff going on with that card and it's sort of a bummer ;-;.
Nope, because it's based entirely on Wood.

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I've created a forwarder for this game like 3 times:
upload_2018-1-20_20-16-26.png

But I keep getting a forwarder for Pokemon Black 2 (which i don't even have)

Attachments

• 2018-01-20_22-15-18.361_top.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 184

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Damn probably one of the weirdest problems ever reported xd...Thanks for your reply,I tried that but i keep getting the same forwarder for "Pokemon Black 2" xD

Attachments

• 2018-01-20_22-36-03.162_top.bmp
    281.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 2018-01-20_22-36-03.162_bot.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 185

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn probably one of the weirdest problems ever reported xd...Thanks for your reply,I tried that but i keep getting the same forwarder for "Pokemon Black 2" xD
Does it only happen with the CoD game, or does it happen with all games?

EDIT: Happens to me too. Seems to be all games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@CR_Avila Found the issue! The banner location was wrong. The game path location was also wrong, making the game not load.

It is now fixed. Restart Forwarder3-DS.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

CR_Avila

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Every gmae has been working just fine until today,I just tried 2 more games and i get the same forwarder....

Does it only happen with the CoD game, or does it happen with all games?

EDIT: Happens to me too. Seems to be all games.

@CR_Avila Found the issue! The banner location was wrong. The game path location was also wrong, making the game not load.

It is now fixed. Restart Forwarder3-DS.

Sorry,I didn't see you edit. Now it works perfectly,thanks!

whiscash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've managed to get all the games I want to forward installed via Forwarder3DS but I'm not sure if the Mario Kart DS donor rom is working.
I've tried holding Y both while loading the game, and after the game has loaded, but whenever I run any of the games I installed I get an error when it loads about 75%.
For clarity: I tried setting the donor rom both before and after installing the other DS games; neither of which worked.

I've checked the compatability list and the games I'm testing it with are green (specifically Pokémon HeartGold and Pearl), and should be working, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've followed the tutorial (specifically for the SD Card, as I want the shortcuts in my Pokémon folder because I'm trying to collect them all!) and the only stage I'm a little unsure about is the Mario Kart DS one.

Any feedback would be super welcome!
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by whiscash,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
So I've managed to get all the games I want to forward installed via Forwarder3DS but I'm not sure if the Mario Kart DS donor rom is working.
I've tried holding Y both while loading the game, and after the game has loaded, but whenever I run any of the games I installed I get an error when it loads about 75%.
For clarity: I tried setting the donor rom both before and after installing the other DS games; neither of which worked.

I've checked the compatability list and the games I'm testing it with are green (specifically Pokémon HeartGold and Pearl), and should be working, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've followed the tutorial (specifically for the SD Card, as I want the shortcuts in my Pokémon folder because I'm trying to collect them all!) and the only stage I'm a little unsure about is the Mario Kart DS one.

Any feedback would be super welcome!
Thanks in advance.
I had that problem for a while too. It just wouldn't be set, so games that required a save donor wouldn't even load up normally (they would say something about the save and to restart). Find one of those games (eg: Death Jr.), then load up MK DS 2-3 times and go to a different menu (eg: race or options) and now try holding the Y button there. Try running one of those games requiring donor, if it worked, then you are good, if it didn't, go back to MK DS and try again. I needed to do it like 4 times...

whiscash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had that problem for a while too. It just wouldn't be set, so games that required a save donor wouldn't even load up normally (they would say something about the save and to restart). Find one of those games (eg: Death Jr.), then load up MK DS 2-3 times and go to a different menu (eg: race or options) and now try holding the Y button there. Try running one of those games requiring donor, if it worked, then you are good, if it didn't, go back to MK DS and try again. I needed to do it like 4 times...

Does it give you any feedback when it successfully sets the donor, or do you have to just hope it worked?

Edit: I figured it out. This is a little embarrassing, but somehow I managed to use corrupted .nds files (all of which had a very small filesize - that's what tipped me off in the end). I copied over the ones I have on my DSTwo and replaced all the .nds files in the source folder on my SD card. I'm able to properly boot the games, now. The lesson here is to make sure your filesizes are all correct!

Last edited by whiscash,
Reactions: RocketRobz

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I'm really liking Forwarder3-DS, no issues so far. :D

I'm just wondering, does anyone have a way (whether it involves this software or not) to see the DS(i) icons at their native resolution? I believe they are 32x32, being scaled up to 64x64. Basically I'm hoping to rip (or at least screenshot) some of the animated icons from DSiWare but my search for a way to do that is not going well. TWLoader shows them at the proper resolution but only the 1st frame.

silberfisch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

sorry in advance, this is some kind of double post. But i think it belongs here a little more.

I´m looking for the "best Flashcard" to use [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu
with max compatibility and most solid battery lifetime possible.

In the release Thread a DSTT or Acekard 2i is recommended.
Are there any new findings for best compatibility and/or battery lifetime?

...and no, i haven´t read the thread completely, hope you´re forbearing. :D

best regards

edit/ @Robz8: I got the latest version of nds-bootstrap.3DS.nds to try the forwarder without flashcard,
but i can´t figure out which file i should replace, hb-bootstrap or release-bootstrap or none of them?

Last edited by silberfisch,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

sorry in advance, this is some kind of double post. But i think it belongs here a little more.

I´m looking for the "best Flashcard" to use [NDS] Forwarder CIAs for your HOME Menu
with max compatibility and most solid battery lifetime possible.

In the release Thread a DSTT or Acekard 2i is recommended.
Are there any new findings for best compatibility and/or battery lifetime?

...and no, i haven´t read the thread completely, hope you´re forbearing. :D

best regards
Nope, there are no new findings.
edit/ @Robz8: I got the latest version of nds-bootstrap.3DS.nds to try the forwarder without flashcard,
but i can´t figure out which file i should replace, hb-bootstrap or release-bootstrap or none of them?
Replace release-bootstrap.nds

Frostbiyt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used this tool to try to make forwarders for all of the NDS Pokemon games and it worked fine for all of the gen 4 games(Diamond Pearl Platinum HeartGold SoulSilver), but not for the gen 5 games (Black White 1&2). I just get a white screen on the bottom and top. All four work when launched off of the flashcart itself just not when attempting to launch the forwarders. I've found other people with the same problem as me online, but no solutions.

I'm using an R4i Gold 3DS Plus on a New N2DS XL with boot9strap/Luma3ds.

Also, what am I supposed to do with the "forwarder-(rom name).nds" files? I don't see any mention of them in the guide.

Frostbiyt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved my white screen problem. I was using the files for the wrong R4i Card. Why do they have to name them so confusingly? Anyways, anyone with a similar problem, make sure you pay close attention to the exact name of your card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/