Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is not right here.

Pokémon - Sapphire Version (GBA)(U)(v1.0) can not be trimmed.

Not sure about Sapphire, but if games don't have any or much garbage data, then there really isn't anything to trim. Some games do take up the entire ROM. That's not that uncommon with GBA games. If a ROM doesn't have anything to trim, it will just say it has already been trimmed.

Reactions: OuahOuah

DeriLoko2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the log.

In this log, there are four errors, fifteen skipped files, and one hundred forty-seven wifi games.

Attachments

• Log0.txt
    88.6 KB · Views: 462

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The patcher provided by the EZFlash site works fine, though you may want to update the game database.
Unfortunately, no it doesn't. I can only add about 20 games at once and even then, quite often it will crash. And if a game is not in the database it will be renamed to .gba but it will never tell you which game it was so you can add it to the db or rename it.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, no it doesn't. I can only add about 20 games at once and even then, quite often it will crash. And if a game is not in the database it will be renamed to .gba but it will never tell you which game it was so you can add it to the db or rename it.
There are updated databases floating around. As for the 20 limit, never ran into that. I only have about 20 GBA games. You'll probably just have to break it up into a set of 20 games then. GBA Flash devices are fairly niche now, even on this site, so support for those isn't exactly a priority.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Sorry for such late replies, forum notifications never worked very well here.. I never got a mail about replies to my thread.

Why exactly was GBA SRAM patching removed? I am looking for a tool that can batch-patch SRAM for my ez-flash IV micro.

It never worked very well in 2.x, I'd rather not waste time with that again. Is it really necessary anyway?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Great program. It would basically be perfect if it had super trimming for 3DS roms.

Any info about that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can NDSTokyoTrim have "Fix/Remove Overdump" support?

Okay. Here is what I did so far.

Here is NDSTokyoTrim and the GBA file (which is overdumped) that has 8 MB of size.

Can you link me one of these games that doesn't trim? (through pm)

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
Is this still being atively developed on? After trying now, I get 'out of memory' errors when unpacking large roms (the 2Gigabyte Castlevania 3DS rom for example, I have 4GB of RAM installed in my PC). Also, the slowdown from having Tokyotrim unpacking in background is bad. Why not use the 7-ZIP libraries for such operations?

I do, using szip32.dll for 7z files.

Swizzler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the download? I've tried downloading the file from your website but every time it fails saying the file on the site is missing. It's not 404ing it just never completes the download. I've also found pretty much nobody mirrored your download so there's no way i've found to download the latest version of the software.

I've also tried downloading the file via filetrip, and it 404s as well, so i'm guessing it was just pointing back to your site?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened to the download? I've tried downloading the file from your website but every time it fails saying the file on the site is missing. It's not 404ing it just never completes the download. I've also found pretty much nobody mirrored your download so there's no way i've found to download the latest version of the software.

I've also tried downloading the file via filetrip, and it 404s as well, so i'm guessing it was just pointing back to your site?
Seems to be working fine for me. It's probably a problem on your end.

Swizzler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be working fine for me. It's probably a problem on your end.

bizarre! Here's the error I'm getting, I'm trying it in another browser and wget now to see if that works.

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\wMB_XJ9g.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

I've never seen this happen before on any other download

I finally got the download to work in IE, it failed in firefox and chrome.

I wish I could tell you why this is, i've never seen a browser change how a download acts.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could tell you why this is, i've never seen a browser change how a download acts.
I have. Not entirely sure what causes it, but generally clearing the cache and cookies for the site fixes it. Sometimes an addon or plugin is interfering (though, since Chrome dropped support for NPAPI, I doubt it's a plugin). Sometimes it's just some weird variable you think would have nothing to do with it. If nothing else, a clean install should do. I've had customers come in with computers that have odd browser issues.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What the fucking shit?

I checked the box under settings: DON'T OVERWRITE. Unchecked the setting, Overwrite original file.

Clicked set input folder. Gave it an output path.

And what does this fucking fuck program do? It trims every fucking .nds file, overwriting them in the original location. I'm going to have to relocate and redownload over half my archive that's been sitting here since 2007+ because now I have a bunch of incomplete files. You fucking asshole, why the fucking fuck would you fucking put an option in here to not overwrite then go ahead and overwrite?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fucking shit?

I checked the box under settings: DON'T OVERWRITE. Unchecked the setting, Overwrite original file.

Clicked set input folder. Gave it an output path.

And what does this fucking fuck program do? It trims every fucking .nds file, overwriting them in the original location. I'm going to have to relocate and redownload over half my archive that's been sitting here since 2007+ because now I have a bunch of incomplete files. You fucking asshole, why the fucking fuck would you fucking put an option in here to not overwrite then go ahead and overwrite?
Calm down. It just trims the empty data off the end. If you're having troubles setting it to not overwrite files, then just copy/paste the files you want to trim elsewhere. It's not a big deal, I haven't run into any ROMs this has had troubles with since the newer revisions. If you really don't want those ROMs trimmed and don't want to redump them, just go into each ROM with a hex editor and add "F"s on the end until it's the original size again. It's literally just blank data that gets trimmed, you can easily add blank data again.

Last edited by TecXero,

DeriLoko2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used NDSTokyoTrim (v3.0) to trim some of the GBA files that can be trimmed, plus some of the GBA files that were already trimmed can be trimmed properly.

I forgot to mention the NDS files as well.

Attachments

• NDSTokyoTrim Log (10-10-15).txt
    55.7 KB · Views: 332
  • NDSTokyoTrim Log (10-12-15).txt
    155.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by DeriLoko2,

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are there any known bugs on the 3DS trimming functionality? I'm planning to use it definitely for my 3DS card1 roms.

DeriLoko2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a quick tip. Did you all know that NDSTokyoTrim can trim other files besides GBA files, NDS files, and 3DS files?

Here are other types of files that NDSTokyoTrim can trim.

NES (Nintendo Entertainment System)
FDS (Famicom Disk System)
SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System)
N64 (Nintendo 64)
GB (Game Boy)
GBC (Game Boy Color)
GC (Gamecube)
Wii
VB (Virtual Boy)
PokeMini (Pokémon Mini)
MSX
Genesis (or Sega Genesis)
CD (or Sega CD)
32X (or Sega 32X)
GG (Game Gear)
MS (or Sega Master System)
SG1000
SC3000
VP
Pico
PlayStation (or PlayStation One)
Amiga

I do not know if Wii U files can be trimmed as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +3