Hardware Need some info on N2DS XL

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Bumping this to ask something else... If I do get it, it will at around Monday and I want to know this:

What EXACTLY gets transferred with a system transfer?

I know the tickets do, any installed titles too, but does extra data and saves get transferred for example (basically the full "Nintendo 3DS" folder)? Do any parts of the SysNAND get transferred or nothing from it is? For example the Friend List data (seed) and play records... I have a LOT of people registered on my O2DS and it occurred to me that it's gonna take forever to find them all and tell them my new FC so they can add me, even if I leave a message on the friend list with it... Plus I keep 2-3 who I know have deleted me just for their funny miis and don't want to lose those:P Also, I love how insanely high my play records are, so if they aren't transferred, would exporting and importing the data between systems using GM9 work? Need a little clarification on it all...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bumping this to ask something else... If I do get it, it will at around Monday and I want to know this:

What EXACTLY gets transferred with a system transfer?

I know the tickets do, any installed titles too, but does extra data and saves get transferred for example (basically the full "Nintendo 3DS" folder)? Do any parts of the SysNAND get transferred or nothing from it is? For example the Friend List data (seed) and play records... I have a LOT of people registered on my O2DS and it occurred to me that it's gonna take forever to find them all and tell them my new FC so they can add me, even if I leave a message on the friend list with it... Plus I keep 2-3 who I know have deleted me just for their funny miis and don't want to lose those:P Also, I love how insanely high my play records are, so if they aren't transferred, would exporting and importing the data between systems using GM9 work? Need a little clarification on it all...
The game data and saves, but not tickets (for pirated games).

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The game data and saves, but not tickets (for pirated games).
I meant tickets for legit games, pretty obvious pirated ones don't get transferred, lol:P

Game data (installation files), saves and legit tickets then? Does that include extra data (not updates, those get transferred, but saves saved under extra data) and stuff though? And just to make sure, no parts of SysNAND are transferred whatsoever, right? Would exporting and importing play records work or are those console-encrypted?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I meant tickets for legit games, pretty obvious pirated ones don't get transferred, lol:P

Game data (installation files), saves and legit tickets then? Does that include extra data (not updates, those get transferred, but saves saved under extra data) and stuff though? And just to make sure, no parts of SysNAND are transferred whatsoever, right? Would exporting and importing play records work or are those console-encrypted?
I'm pretty sure you can export the activity log save data using JKSM and import into another console, but if you system transfer that is transferred too.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm pretty sure you can export the activity log save data using JKSM and import into another console, but if you system transfer that is transferred too.
You CAN export using JKSM but it's actually corrupted (at least wasn't working when importing last time), you have to do it through SysNAND using GM9 for it to work. But since it gets transferred, then it's all good, no problem there... Now only to find a good way to transfer my entire friend list between systems...:unsure:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You CAN export using JKSM but it's actually corrupted (at least wasn't working when importing last time), you have to do it through SysNAND using GM9 for it to work. But since it gets transferred, then it's all good, no problem there... Now only to find a good way to transfer my entire friend list between systems...:unsure:
Friends will move with system transfer as well.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, are you sure though? Are friends linked with the Friend Seed of the console? Is the friend seed moved too?
Don't know about the friend seed but I have transferred many times* and all friends moved each time.

*Black 3DS->Red 3DS->Blue 3DS->Zelda 3DSXL->White 3DSXL->Zelda 3DSXL->Majora's Mask N3DSXL->White N3DS->Majora's Mask N3DSXL->Blue N3DSXL (with galaxy plates)->N2DSXL

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't know about the friend seed but I have transferred many times* and all friends moved each time.

*Black 3DS->Red 3DS->Blue 3DS->Zelda 3DSXL->White 3DSXL->Zelda 3DSXL->Majora's Mask N3DSXL->White N3DS->Majora's Mask N3DSXL->Blue N3DSXL (with galaxy plates)->N2DSXL
Ok, I get you have a crapton of 3DSs, lol:rofl2: Thanks for the replies, now I really have nothing else I need answered, so it's time to bury this thread.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is it difficult?