Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
replace health screen with back menu does exactly what is says you know the wii black and white screen that shows when your playing a game and you press home and return to the home menu well it loads that screen instead of the health screen providing a faster boot time.
same with the remove NoCopy Save File Protection hack game saves that can't be copied to your sd card in the system menu normally can now be moved and copied even though the buttons still look the same

SirWolololoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welp since i installed d2x v8 final. is it different from how to install d2x v10? Anyway how should i do this. By the way can you link a download?

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just completed an update from 4.1 to 4.3 using ModMii. Everything went OK with no errors. I'd upgraded as Disney Infinity didn't work (it's the original disc). After updating to 4.3, Disney Infinity worked, but it's stopped Neogamma from working (v9.56).

When launching Neogamma and trying to launch as disc, I get an error saying 'DVD-R + no CIOS'. I read somewhere that if I re-installed DX2 that would sort that error out. I re-installed it from the WADs on the ModMii SD card and then trying again. That worked. But then I tried Disney Infinity again and it said it needed a system update. If I install the update, Disney Infinity works, but then it breaks Neogamma again - and the cycle continues.

Any ideas?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, loose the dvd backups, use a USB device...then you have a choice in backup loaders too that should work with the game.
(i am not trying to be rude here, this is in my opinion really the best solution)...

HyperVisor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ordinarily, I would agree with you. I have a USB drive on mine. However, this persons Wii doesn't and they can't afford one - so I really need to sort that problem.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with ethe on this one HyperVisor I would suggest using post loader as some games aren't supported in some usb loaders very few mind you but sometimes you come across a game here and there that doesn't work in say wiiflow but will work under usbloader GX well post loader is not a USB Loader it is a USB Loader Forwarder/system menu replacement with homebrew/nand emulation capabilites

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, loose the dvd backups, use a USB device...then you have a choice in backup loaders too that should work with the game.
(i am not trying to be rude here, this is in my opinion really the best solution)...
Are you saying that it's now easy to load gc games on usb with good compatibility?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wel yes, you must be out of the loop for some times.

You have devolution an dios mios now, both play most gc games just fine from usb, devolution is even close to a 100%.
Mind you though, not all usb loaders have full support for dios mios and devolution, but for devolution you can use the stand alone loader in the dowload package.

The usb loaders i know have full support are wiiflow, usbloader gx, postloader and cfg loader.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I can't get a USB launcher to work, I thought I'd go with the "easy" option - Neogamma.

Well...all I can get is a green screen and a reset. My discs are showing the Gamecube logo in the official Nintendo disc channel, so it seems like they've been burned properly. But when I run Neogamma, I click on launch and it goes to a solid green screen for a second before the console just restarts.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting? I just re-hacked my console using ModMii, so I feel like all the necessary IOS files should be up to date, but maybe I'm missing something.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since I can't get a USB launcher to work, I thought I'd go with the "easy" option - Neogamma.

Well...all I can get is a green screen and a reset. My discs are showing the Gamecube logo in the official Nintendo disc channel, so it seems like they've been burned properly. But when I run Neogamma, I click on launch and it goes to a solid green screen for a second before the console just restarts.

Any idea where to start troubleshooting? I just re-hacked my console using ModMii, so I feel like all the necessary IOS files should be up to date, but maybe I'm missing something.

you need a Cmios for neogamma to work and set the gamcube loader method to external for it to not read it's built-in Cmios

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Sounds like you did not install a cMIOS, or you probably installed DIOS MIOS. Which overwrites the cMIOS. At one time DIOS MIOS was a cMIOS, but for some reason crediar scratched that support. Well, maybe the homebrew support somewhen found its way back, i don't know.

Anyways, long story short: For NeoGamma to play GC backups, you need at least a compatible drive, good burns, a cIOS, a cMIOS and NeoGamma's default settings.

you need a Cmios for neogamma to work and set the gamcube loader method to external for it to not read it's built-in Cmios

The external mode loads gamecube homebrew .dol files from sd card. You could start a gamecube memory card manager this way for example, or the gamecube Gecko OS version. Well in theory, i think the gamecube Gecko OS version didn't work for some reason.

The 2 important modes are: MIOS and internal. MIOS just loads the MIOS/cMIOS. That means, if WiiGator's cMIOS with integrated GC loader is installed, WiiGator's GC loader shows up. The internal mode launches NeoGamma's GC loader, which would be the best GC launcher for discs if there weren't so many bugs.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The external mode loads gamecube homebrew .dol files from sd card. You could start a gamecube memory card manager this way for example, or the gamecube Gecko OS version. Well in theory, i think the gamecube Gecko OS version didn't work for some reason.

The 2 important modes are: MIOS and internal. MIOS just loads the MIOS/cMIOS. That means, if WiiGator's cMIOS with integrated GC loader is installed, WiiGator's GC loader shows up. The internal mode launches NeoGamma's GC loader, which would be the best GC launcher for discs if there weren't so many bugs.

Thank you for clearing that up wiipower. Out of all of the CMIOS I have tried my best results were with Burns done with imgburn and rvl-cmios-v4_wanninkoko_r5 in your opinion wiipower what would you say?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for clearing that up wiipower. Out of all of the CMIOS I have tried my best results were with Burns done with imgburn and rvl-cmios-v4_wanninkoko_r5 in your opinion wiipower what would you say?

I don't know which burning software is the best, but i don't see any reason why imgburn would be bad. More important would be which brand of DVD-Rs you use and the burning speed.

The used cMIOS only matters when you don't use NeoGamma's own GC loader. When you are using that, the included loader in the cMIOS is ignored, as well as all MIOS patches the MIOS contains itself. The MIOS patches thing is, that they are generally ignored with GC loaders, which also includes DIOS MIOS, Devolution(because it doesn't even touch MIOS) and WiiGator's GC loader. Those included patches are there to fix some games which are not 100% compatible with the Wii's GC mode, like Zelda Wind Waker(freeze when opening the dungeon map). But don't worry, NeoGamma has most of those patches included manually, and it's only like 3 other games that require patches.

pitweasel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for the replies. Out of sheer boredom, I actually started playing around with CFG again, and realized that after updating it via the software itself, I still wasn't at the newest version. Not sure why it was a two step process, but Configurable USB Loader seems to be working just fine now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night