Queen
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy my son a 2ds for his birthday next month, does anybody know if Nintendo sells them with outdated firmware versions? I have a hacked 3ds so I've heard you can install cfw on an up to date 3ds that way...but I'd still prefer to not jump through hoops.

I plan on buying him either the blue Mario Kart bundle or the white NSMB2 bundle. I don't want him to lose my cartridges so I'll just copy them to his system.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy my son a 2ds for his birthday next month, does anybody know if Nintendo sells them with outdated firmware versions? I have a hacked 3ds so I've heard you can install cfw on an up to date 3ds that way...but I'd still prefer to not jump through hoops.

I plan on buying him either the blue Mario Kart bundle or the white NSMB2 bundle. I don't want him to lose my cartridges so I'll just copy them to his system.

I believe they ship on 11.4 but not able to confirm. You’d probably want to order a flashcart for ntrboot. (They take forever to ship if you’re not willing to pay $20-30 shipping here in the US)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. The Yokai Watch 2DS bundle came with 9.9FW. All newer bundles are guaranteed to be higher than that. Honestly, with magnethax, the firmware version is inconsequential. If it helps, only firmwares 9.0-11.3 can be exploited with soundhax with no magnet or ds flashcart required.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I case you're talking about an old new 2ds, try to get the blue (or red) mario kart one. That's your best shot.
Green Link and scarlet red NSMB2 will 100% be on 11.4+.

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Toasty

Queen
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If you go to a shop in person, you can take a look at the serials on the boxes before you buy. Serials beginning with AW1078-AW1082 and serials beginning with AW7141 for Mario Kart 7 bundles come on 11.0 according to this reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5fv3xa/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_december_2016/. Happy hunting!
I'll do that, thanks! If I can't find a hackable firmware in the store I'll buy a refurbished one on ebay (which is guaranteed to be update to date unfortunately) and figure out how to hack it with my own 3ds I guess. Anything so I don't have to pay for these games again. I don't trust my 4 year old with my cartridges!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, the thread title made it confusing I thought you were talking about a NEW2DS not a "new" 2DS. I swear Nintendo did that shit on purpose lol.

They could have called it anything else... Nintendo 2/3DSX or something I dunno.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My bad, the thread title made it confusing I thought you were talking about a NEW2DS not a "new" 2DS. I swear Nintendo did that shit on purpose lol.

They could have called it anything else... Nintendo 2/3DSX or something I dunno.
so true they suck at naming consoles . . . i guess thats why they had to switch it up (pun intended)

but your name already looks like what i end up typing when i dont know what kind of 3ds family system someone has . . . (2/)3ds(xl)

Reactions: Majickhat55

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou