Hardware New 3DS XL - Fuse?

BreVaun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue where I wasn't paying attention and did the battery backwards and I opened the flip tab that holds the ribbon cable and it popped off the main board when I was looking at the daughter board to check the fuses. When I tried to power my system on before nothing happened and after I did that I get the power on light for about 5 seconds and then it turns off. I wasn't able to attach the flip tab for the ribbon either and every attempt failed attaching it. I have ordered a new daughter board hoping that will solve the not powering up all the way issue but other than that I don't know what else to do. I was just trying to somewhat fix the c stick on it.

cosay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I got them same problem like that

i charged my N3ds xL with (ithink) a Busted charged then it heats up at the middle part at the back., and when Im buying a new charger it worn charge again.,

then technician at the Shop told my that he can check the unit for defects, then he analyzed that the Charging IC needa to be replaced, and aftwr replacing it using Hotair the unit's charge indicator (orange light ) turns om but now its charging too slow like 5-6Hours to get the battery from draing to half chagred., do i need to replace the power IC to at the. daughter board to fix this?

thank you in advance!

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Hi I got them same problem like that

i charged my N3ds xL with (ithink) a Busted charged then it heats up at the middle part at the back., and when Im buying a new charger it worn charge again.,

then technician at the Shop told my that he can check the unit for defects, then he analyzed that the Charging IC needa to be replaced, and aftwr replacing it using Hotair the unit's charge indicator (orange light ) turns om but now its charging too slow like 5-6Hours to get the battery from draing to half chagred., do i need to replace the power IC to at the. daughter board to fix this?

thank you in advance!
You need to replace both.

I've yet to see one with just the daughterboard ic being dead, 99% guaranteed that the one near the charging port is also dead. lest
1. Daughter board ic is dead = no power
2. Charge ic is dead and daughter board is good = power but will not charge

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've yet to see one with just the daughterboard ic being dead, 99% guaranteed that the one near the charging port is also dead. lest

Also for other dudes with questions, just post them here.

No need to dm/pm me, more people should be able to see your problem and help solve it faster.

There are more abled members here to help you :)

No need to dm/pm me, more people should be able to see your problem and help solve it faster.

Also I've no experience with itech technicians, specific to your concern, i highly recommend mr romer patini, his shop is in northmall monumento, open only monday to saturday 3pm onwards. He may not have the parts but he will tell yoi exactly what you need / purchase. Afaik daughterboard is already available in lazada/locally so you should get those.

Reactions: ochentay4

cosay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Also I've no experience with itech technicians, specific to your concern, i highly recommend mr romer patini, his shop is in northmall monumento, open only monday to saturday 3pm onwards. He may not have the parts but he will tell yoi exactly what you need / purchase. Afaik daughterboard is already available in lazada/locally so you should get those.

Good day sorry if I pm you here im new in forums hehe sorry for that.

the technician only replaced the Charge IC ( the little black thing near the port, the part in the redbox in you reference pocture ) but he didnt change anything on my daughterboard. now my unit charges overnight to get 3 out of 4 battery bars, should i get a daughterboard from lazada and try it? and if that wont work ill go to mr. romer thanks sir!!

Attachments

• IMG_6415.PNG
    IMG_6415.PNG
    62.2 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_6414.PNG
    IMG_6414.PNG
    53.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited by cosay,

leerz

OP
Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
It is weird that you have to charge overnight, that doesn't sound right, perhaps he used an incompatible ic?

The daughter board will not help,
Please make sure he replaced it and didn't simply use a jumper.

cosay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is weird that you have to charge overnight, that doesn't sound right, perhaps he used an incompatible ic?

The daughter board will not help,
Please make sure he replaced it and didn't simply use a jumper.

The tech. replaced it, he got one from a mother board (he said that is was from a bricked unit). but i didnt check the code of the Part if it matches., becuase i dont know how. can you guide me how you check? i still keeps the old broken Charge iC ill check it later

cosay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The tech. replaced it, he got one from a mother board (he said that is was from a bricked unit). but i didnt check the code of the Part if it matches., becuase i dont know how. can you guide me how you check? i still keeps the old broken Charge iC ill check it later

My charge ic code was (CKP TI 48w Z85K) and he replaced it with a (CKP TI 48W Z85F) will that cause the problem?

Sirstiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My N3DS XL has it's blue light light up and stay on, it also chargers when plugged in.

But it won't turn on. (boot).

Screens stay off. I recently replaced the bottom screen caused from rage damage of a seller, it worked, then i changed the charge port, all soldered fine, and now it won't boot/turn on besides a blue light. Halp?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have the same problem as previous posters. My new 3DS will not power on.

When charger is plugged in, orange charge LED appears. Pressing the power button does not start 3DS with or without charger.

I have replaced the daughter board. I purchased a replacement battery from Nintendo. Both fuses OK according to multimeter.

MDR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI all. Some good info in here but i'm still looking. I have a "new" 3DS xl the unit turns on and work except charging. fuses checked, port is new. It will pull .28-.34 amps on the charge detector with no charge light and charge ic gets warm to hot.
It sure seems to me that the charge ic is bad and pulling the .3 amps (1.5watts) part to battery and part lost as heat in it's falling control.
I tried the links in this form and others and have not found one that still works for a charge ic. Can anyone help me find one?
Thanks you
ok i found this
httedit
and this for charge ic. httedit
and httedit
However not sure if it will work.
will update if ic works.
can't use links so ...

Last edited by MDR,

Kompotik

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Sorry for necroing this thread, but this is the only discussion of this problem I found.
I also did flip the goddamn battery like a moron
I have exact issue described in OP - red blinking of power button after being pressed only when charger is connected (orange stable) HOWEVER, I tested the battery and it is charging while being in this "dead" N3dsXL, so I'm assuming charge ic isn't dead while daughter is rip?

Last edited by Kompotik,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1