Hacking New Dumps of switch games of 3.0.1 and more

Nezztor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First pluto got access to 4.0.0 fw (he says something in his twitter some days ago) Now bigbluebox is dumping games from 3.0.1 fw
So probably hw on 3.0.1+

twitter post:

phot.jpg

Update:
So only pluto got something in 4.0.0 the dumps from bigblubox aren't decrypted

fot11.jpg

Last edited by Nezztor,

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First pluto got access to 4.0.0 fw (he says something in his twitter some days ago) Now bigbluebox is dumping games from 3.0.1 fw
So probably hw on 3.0.1+

Don't worry. Especially if the rumors are true about Nintendo bringing emulation via VC to the Switch in a firmware update, homebrew absolutely will make its way to higher firmware versions than 3.0. I've heard all the uneducated claims that the 3.0 exploit is the "biggest exploit in Nintendo history and there will never be another like it" (someone actually said this to me, nearly word-for-word), but this claim is completely untrue. Anyone who's been in the scene long enough or knows enough about computer systems would know better.

The simple fact is that there has never been, and never will be, a single firmware version for any gaming console or other hardware in general, that is not exploitable. If there's enough of a reason to look for an exploit, one will be found. If there isn't enough demand, it may take a while like the PS Vita. The Switch, however, is a very popular console, and if/when GameCube emulation becomes an incentive for hackers to find an exploit on a higher firmware version than 3.0, trust me when I say that it will be found.

All these people who've gone out and purchased multiple Switch consoles just to guarantee themselves access to homebrew on 3.0 while being able to play on a higher firm have unfortunately just wasted their money, as, by the time homebrew is actually attainable on the Switch for the public, we will most likely have access on a higher version.

Last edited by Nyteshade714,

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don't worry. Especially if the rumors are true about Nintendo bringing emulation via VC to the Switch in a firmware update, homebrew absolutely will make its way to higher firmware versions than 3.0. I've heard all the uneducated claims that the 3.0 exploit is the "biggest exploit in Nintendo history and there will never be another like it" (someone actually said this to me, nearly word-for-word), but this claim is completely untrue. Anyone who's been in the scene long enough or knows enough about computer systems would know better.

The simple fact is that there has never been, and never will be, a single firmware version for any gaming console or other hardware in general, that is not exploitable. If there's enough of a reason to look for an exploit, one will be found. If there isn't enough demand, it may take a while like the PS Vita. The Switch, however, is a very popular console, and if/when GameCube emulation becomes an incentive for hackers to find an exploit on a higher firmware version than 3.0, trust me when I say that it will be found.

All these people who've gone out and purchased multiple Switch consoles just to guarantee themselves access to homebrew on 3.0 while being able to play on a higher firm have unfortunately just wasted their money, as, by the time homebrew is actually attainable on the Switch for the public, we will most likely have access on a higher version.
So you're basically saying that because we've got Haxchi on the Wii U the Switch will "definitely" be hacked with VC as well??

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're basically saying that because we've got Haxchi on the Wii U the Switch will "definitely" be hacked with VC as well??

No. I'm saying that the Switch is already vastly more popular than the WiiU ever was (some quick Googling has ~10 million Switch units sold this year, compared with the WiiU, which never topped 4 million units sold for any single year). The console's popularity, along with the presence of some backwards compatibility via VC, will provide more than enough incentive for hackers to find exploits on firmware versions higher than 3.0. I never said anything about it being hacked through VC games. To be honest, I've been in various hacking scenes for the better part of two decades, and the fact that Haxchi was able to achieve full console access through VC was a huge surprise to me since I never expected Nintendo to be so foolish as to allow emulation to run outside of a sandbox.

Last edited by Nyteshade714,

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Did BBB released a tool or a method in a "shady" place ? (private forum?)

They said they planned an xmas suprise, is it actually those dumps ?
Well they failed the surprise, who care about encrypted stuff if we can't decrypt them by ourself ?

Reactions: masamune19

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dumping still counts to some extent. But sure it's not ideal for the userland community.
Im sure this will all progress in the future though, it always does. Look at all the wonderful stuff which was closed source / considered not hackable / decryptable this and that in the past. Stuff will keep evolving, we will keep evolving (or atleast that is what I assume ;))

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well, does that mean, that we have to buy a game with 4.0.0 on board, before they aren't out of stock and wait for some words from developers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE