Hacking New Dumps of switch games of 3.0.1 and more

Vitaminer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did BBB released a tool or a method in a "shady" place ? (private forum?)

They said they planned an xmas suprise, is it actually those dumps ?
Well they failed the surprise, who care about encrypted stuff if we can't decrypt them by ourself ?
What does better business bureau has to do with switch hacking?

Reactions: theMille

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry. Especially if the rumors are true about Nintendo bringing emulation via VC to the Switch in a firmware update, homebrew absolutely will make its way to higher firmware versions than 3.0. I've heard all the uneducated claims that the 3.0 exploit is the "biggest exploit in Nintendo history and there will never be another like it" (someone actually said this to me, nearly word-for-word), but this claim is completely untrue. Anyone who's been in the scene long enough or knows enough about computer systems would know better.

The simple fact is that there has never been, and never will be, a single firmware version for any gaming console or other hardware in general, that is not exploitable. If there's enough of a reason to look for an exploit, one will be found. If there isn't enough demand, it may take a while like the PS Vita. The Switch, however, is a very popular console, and if/when GameCube emulation becomes an incentive for hackers to find an exploit on a higher firmware version than 3.0, trust me when I say that it will be found.

All these people who've gone out and purchased multiple Switch consoles just to guarantee themselves access to homebrew on 3.0 while being able to play on a higher firm have unfortunately just wasted their money, as, by the time homebrew is actually attainable on the Switch for the public, we will most likely have access on a higher version.
Not to mention the Switch is running on a Tegra, which is a lot more generic and documented than the WiiU's custom hardware.

Reactions: artemus3

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not to mention the Switch is running on a Tegra, which is a lot more generic and documented than the WiiU's custom hardware.
its using a custom os and theres downgrade protection so we need a kernel exploit on a newer firmware since we are unable to downgrade which makes it harder then the 3ds.

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you understand what generic means...
It's a mass-produced chipset used in many different consumers devices... It's thus fairly generic relative to the usual console chipset.

Code:
public static bool IsGenericProcessor<T>(this Dictionary<string, T> processors, string name) where T : Processor => processors.TryGetValueSafe(name) is IGenericProcessor;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if...