Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
Nope.
Atleast not to me knowledge and prolly never will be as the GB Player wasn't compatible with GBC/GB games (correct me if I'm wrong)
FIX94 made a GBA backup homebrew tho.
Wait, I know that you can use GBA to GC in some games, like trade Pokémon of GBA to Colosseum/XD, but I mean, the GameBoyPlayer has fully support with GB and GBC, there's no hope to transfer things of these cartridges?

At least see that you can use the GC-GBA cable to transfer seems cool, I can use that on Wii, no?

D

Deleted User

It can't - I asked FIX94 about it.
He said that there's a hardware switch to switch the GB, but even if that was removed, the voltage is different so you'd probably fry the cart.

Reactions: DinohScene

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The gamecube had homebrew? No wonder i never knew. Seems a little weird how most of the exploits for the gamecube have a wii port...
Aw man really, are you kidding me? Of course that oldies have also homebrew. As far as I know all Nintendo systems from NES and GB have their own homebrew scene, you just need the proper hardware to make them work. Anyway, since several members of this thread have already tested the exploits my question is: which kind of memory card did work for you better, the 251 or the 1019 one? I did not ask about the memory card 59 because I already own a couple of those and the save file is too big to fit in one of them.
Thanks.

NukesBanana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know where I can buy an SD Gecko in the UK?

I can't find any of them online. Is there a more common version that goes by a different name?

tekimotop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94
@DinohScene

Plz help!I understood perfectly how to perform this entire trick.The only game that I own for gamecube is pokemon colosseum so I am trying to perform this with pokeload.But the problem is that my memory cards doesnt have enough space to load both Pokeload save and Swiss or GCOS.The memory is only 59 Blocks and the pokeload save is 48 blocks.Is there anyway to compress them somehow so they can both fit?Also I have an extra memory card B with the same space.Is there anyway to combine them and load in memory A pokelaod and in memory B GCOS or Swiss?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
It's nice to see GameCube is still getting some love 13+ years after the Phantasy Star Online hack.

I remember having to use Phantasy Star Online with a Broadband Adapter, then running PSOload on the PC to send a .dol to the GameCube. Phantasy Star Online was far from the fastest loading GameCube game too!

Still that was pretty awesome back then and i remember been pretty excited when I could backup saves and finally boot out of region games, meaning I could play the JPN only game, Mr Driller Drill Land.

Also I bet not many people remember Animal Crossing Loader and been able to stream GameCube games from your PC to the GameCube, those were some interesting times.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those needing an SD Gecko and having even beginner soldering skills you can build your own with a spare memory card and scavenged SD card slot or microSD to SD card adapter. You can even cut a trace on the memory card and install a switch to toggle which storage is powered so you can keep using the memory card.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not since it is sandboxes and the WiiU-only hardware is switched off. Basically, if it doesn't work for exploiting the Wii it definitely won't work for exploiting the WiiU.

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Probably not since it is sandboxes and the WiiU-only hardware is switched off. Basically, if it doesn't work for exploiting the Wii it definitely won't work for exploiting the WiiU.
Just curious if the HD version is vulnerable, you could gain ROP execution within the game and exploit the kernel from there, probably pointless when we have WebKit but it would be interesting.

Last edited by lefthandsword,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4