• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First he has to be approved, and then.. even if he is the tie-breaker.. Some of the other conservative judges may still think this is something they just don't want to muddy their hands on and choose not to hear.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you would be thrilled if it was the other way around. Party before country.
That's not exactly a fair assessment is it? The republican party is acting on what it believes will be in the best interests for the country. You can call it a dirty move sure, in fact it is but I'll also say it was effective.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except.. They arn't. I don't agree with Reagan, but I believed he was doing what he believed was best for the country. I didn't like George Bush Sr. But I think he was doing what He believed was best. But the current crop, they don't do what they think is right.. they are pandering completely to the Tea Party, or so far religious right that they are almost to the point of Cartoon characters. And Remember.. Hitler was doing what "He thought was right" if you want to go there.

Another good example would be Judge Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not exactly a fair assessment is it? The republican party is acting on what it believes will be in the best interests for the country. You can call it a dirty move sure, in fact it is but I'll also say it was effective.
A lot of actions are done with "good intentions."

Can you imagine if the reverse ever happens and Democrats decide to not even consider a Republican appointee? The "brilliant strategy" would enrage conservatives, and rightly so. I hate hypocrites.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of actions are done with "good intentions."

Can you imagine if the reverse ever happens and Democrats decide to not even consider a Republican appointee? The "brilliant strategy" would enrage conservatives, and rightly so. I hate hypocrites.
True but I was talking directly about your assessment of the issue. You implied that the choice was made to hurt the country in some way.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You genuinely believe only Democrats can be hypocrites? Both sides are more than capable. You are so far gone I feel sorry for you.

The now was meant to be a not (corrected before your response). My point is, the democrats are running around saying "imagine if we did that" my response is "bitch, you did do that" lol.

Reactions: RevPokemon

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. Everything he has done so far has to hurt the country and line his own pocket.

Hahahahaha yeah the extreme vetting on 7 high risk countries with some form of radical Islamic terrorism running around, and the wall that may hurt a lot of his ventures in Mexico are really lining his pockets!

POTUS is putting America first!

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except none of those countries have any indication of terrorism. In fact the one we do know (and even then I won't go *EXTREME VETTING* on cause that makes no fucking sense) is one of the ones NOT on the list.. because -he- has businesses there.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except none of those countries have any indication of terrorism. In fact the one we do know (and even then I won't go *EXTREME VETTING* on cause that makes no fucking sense) is one of the ones NOT on the list.. because -he- has businesses there.
And we may or may not need Saudi's oil.....

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Syria and Iraq?? Could make a slight case for Libya. Saudi Arabia is a little shady, I would have just banned Syria and Iraq TBH.

Either way with Trump having a spine, I think he and Putin are getting ready to grab ISIS by the pussy. This time they won't leave the oil to fund more terrorist activities.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've lost me entirely. The quote you referenced is me pointing out hypocrisy of citizens praising shady tactics when it is a win for their team. What does that have to do with Republican politician motivations?
The words "Party before Country" made it seem like you were implying these people saw their political party as more important than their country. As in they would let something directly hurt the country before they'd let anything happen to their party.

Reactions: el_gonz87

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what a physical wall will prevent since it seems it'll be easily circumvented, but vetting makes more sense. Either way though, ISIS has been known to home grow terrorists within the US, so there's no fix all solution.

Also lets point out the irony of the 'he will not divide us' people and such.. They're only diving themselves, lmao. You may not like him but you should support the president and hope he does whats best. This two party system has gotten out of hand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I just got 2 mig switch in the mail today
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna love it when the next update blocks them
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @SylverReZ youtube to mp3 some are still good, usefull when the official music video has better audio than the music in th ecd
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father