• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The words "Party before Country" made it seem like you were implying these people saw their political party as more important than their country. As in they would let something directly hurt the country before they'd let anything happen to their party.
I don't think they do things for the express purpose of hurting the country. I don't think they do things for the express purpose of helping the country either. I think everything they do is to increase the power of their party. Everything else is a side effect.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to point out the irony in shia labeouf's anti-trump wall "art exhibit" in NYC and they did exactly what they are protesting against. http://www.hewillnotdivide.us/

After about 1 week they put up barricades (wall), checking id before entry (vetting), kicking out trump supporters (deporting), police patrolling barricade (boarder patrol).

Shia was even arrested because he attacked a guy who said something pro trump. https://www.washingtonpost.com/expr...ver-pretty-lame-fight/?utm_term=.f2cde8011a6a

Last edited by Joe88,

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Now this is just plain disgusting.

image.jpeg

I don't understand how anti-Trump people can claim to be so "loving" and "tolerant" of people of all kinds, yet they spew this kind of crap. I reviewed this game officially for GBAtemp, and enjoyed it, but seeing the developer both A) try to bring unrelated politics into their game and B) tell a group of people to screw off, that just made me lose all respect for them. How childish can you get? Too bad for you, developers, I already played your game, and I voted for Trump. Checkmate?

EDIT: I'll bring my politics into this then; if you were thinking about supporting this game, don't.

Last edited by Chary,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 76813

I don't understand how anti-Trump people can claim to be so "loving" and "tolerant" of people of all kinds, yet they spew this kind of crap. I reviewed this game officially for GBAtemp, and enjoyed it, but seeing the developer both A) try to bring unrelated politics into their game and B) tell a group of people to screw off, that just made me lose all respect for them. How childish can you get? Too bad for you, developers, I already played your game, and I voted for Trump. Checkmate?
I didn't play the game and i didn't vote for trump. So can i say checkmate too... mate? :ninja:

Reactions: RevPokemon

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious, what's the main reason that the anti-Hillary/pro-Trump crowd supported Trump? Was it the emails and using her own phone thing?
  1. Clinton foundation breaching ethics while Hillary was secretary of state: https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bb8a6fc65bc_story.html?utm_term=.0060430d76a1
  2. Deletion of the private server e-mails after the subpoena: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-em/
  3. Denial of additional REQUESTED security prior to the Benghazi attack: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ponsibility-benghazi-attack-article-1.1246025
  4. Calling Trump's supporters a "Basket of Deplorables" (Thanks for inspiring the DeploraBall!)
  5. Getting a heads up on the debate questions: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ry-clinton-debate-question-podesta-emails-cnn

Here is a few others: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/12/top-10-hillary-clinton-scandals-exposed-wikileaks/

In short Hillary is the swamp that has been reigning in Washington.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious, what's the main reason that the anti-Hillary/pro-Trump crowd supported Trump? Was it the emails and using her own phone thing?
Years of shady politics going down in Arkansas.
Her husband being impeached from presidency.
Emails and her lying about them.
Wikileaks and the DNC scandal.
Comments on record of her calling the secret service "dirty pigs".
Flip flopped like a fish on LGBT rights.
"Train witness incident", Seth Rich conviently murdered, many of the Clinton's friends dying mysteriously--suicide by zipping himself into a duffle bag before testifying against the Clintons, suicide by 4 gunshots to the chest when having dirt on Hillary, nearly every Air Force One crew that served Bill and Hillary died with unsolved mysteries.
She was given money by Saudi Arabia as a candidacy donation.
She's lax on immigration.
Benghazi.
Wanted to restrict gun control and put a 25% tax on handgun purchases.
Wanted to expand Medicade to even more people.
Supported giving felons the right to vote after being released.
She actively dislikes and is hawkish towards Russia which is dangerous.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 76813

EDIT: I'll bring my politics into this then; if you were thinking about supporting this game, don't.
Yeah I've known these devs were gonna do something like this for a while. It's partially why I was worried when they did the collab with sukiban games when they were developing VA-11-HALL-A. I was wondering if they would also bring their politics into the game. I'm glad to say as far as I know they have not.

Last edited by Daggot,
Reactions: el_gonz87 and Chary

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years of shady politics going down in Arkansas. Dunno much about that
Her husband being impeached from presidency. Why do people keep using that against her? She has nothing to do with that
Emails and her lying about them. What about the emails? I will admit she wasn't nearly as transparent as she should have been but she was kind of in a unique position of not wanting to reveal sensitive information contained in them (as shady as it was, I will admit)
Wikileaks and the DNC scandal. I will agree, but I can almost guarantee the RNC probably had similar stuff going on behind the scenes. You'd be kidding yourself to say that anyone in politics isn't trying to backstab their opponents and the RNC clearly didn't want Trump as their head
Comments on record of her calling the secret service "dirty pigs". Haven't seen that, don't doubt it's true though. Still, refer to Trump's comments on women
Flip flopped like a fish on LGBT rights. Like almost every other politician (except Bernie. God I wish he was president)
"Train witness incident", Seth Rich conviently murdered, many of the Clinton's friends dying mysteriously--suicide by zipping himself into a duffle bag before testifying against the Clintons, suicide by 4 gunshots to the chest when having dirt on Hillary, nearly every Air Force One crew that served Bill and Hillary died with unsolved mysteries. That's some Bannon level conspiracy theory material
She was given money by Saudi Arabia as a candidacy donation. Trump also has businesses in Saudi Arabia. Note that it it is one of the Middle Eastern countries excluded from his recent travel ban
She's lax on immigration. That's a fair point, considering that was literally Trump's platform
Benghazi. Again, fair point, but multiple Republican-led hearings failed to find her guilty of any wrong-doing
Wanted to restrict gun control and put a 25% tax on handgun purchases. And?...
Wanted to expand Medicade to even more people. And?
Supported giving felons the right to vote after being released. And?... Literally what is the problem with that?
She actively dislikes and is hawkish towards Russia which is dangerous. Trump is way too buddy-buddy with them as well, which could be considered dangerous for a different reason
Note I'm not trying to harass you or be rude or anything, I'm just trying to see things from your perspective and help you see things from mine

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted-355425

View attachment 76813

Pffft thats so stupid of them, hope their game flops and gets pirated through the arse.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give a perspective on why people where anti-Trump and voted for Hillary? All for science, of course.

Well, remember, if you have a different view or opinion than the opposite party, you're labeled as being wrong and them being labeled as right. Opinions have no bearing on the internet, remember?

Reactions: RevPokemon

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you give a perspective on why people where anti-Trump and voted for Hillary? All for science, of course.
Oh gosh

Yes, I can, but you're going to have to quote me again to remind me after school so I can actually make a competent and objective list rather than just putting down nonsense that I'm trying to add to between periods

Reactions: el_gonz87

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Note I'm not trying to harass you or be rude or anything, I'm just trying to see things from your perspective and help you see things from mine
Totally get it, I took it as curiosity :P

Re impeachment: Because it's more of a corruption in the family kind of deal. She might be willing to break the law as her husband did. It might not be her fault, but it's not helpful to her case either.

Re emails: She deleted them, too, to try and hide the problem. She kept denying it was an issue when she should have gone to the government and admitted wrongdoing instead of pretending everything was fine.

re DNC: Sure, both parties are corrupt and garbage mongering money grubbers, but the RNC didn't actively get in the way of democracy. Bernie Sanders was not given his fair shot at candidacy, and that is a direct threat to our democracy. I'm sure the RNC has done all sorts of shady things as well, but they didn't actively, unfairly, stop Trump

Re Trump's comment on women: He's a bit of a chauvinistic flirter, but I haven't seen anything that makes me feel personally offended or like he won't respect women's rights. Hillary and her family actively hates authority figures who would lay down their lives for the country.

Re LGBT: Sure they all flop, but Clinton really has gone out of her way, even recently, to try to say as little as possible for those that are LGBT. While in 2013--before he would even run--Trump said he was for traditional marriage initially, but his "viewpoints were evolving" and that he was coming around to accept them.

Re Clinton body count: it sounds like a conspiracy but there's just so much coincidence...

Re Saudi Arabia: Business there and random politically donations are kinda different though. As much as I loathe to see no ban from them, it makes sense: they're a powerful country that can put a lot of the market in flux. Angering them would cause too many problems with what's going on already.

Re guns: ban machine guns all you want, but there shouldn't be a restrictive tax on defensive handguns. It's indirectly prohibitive to those trying to buy a firearm.

Re medicate: it's already far too easy to get. How lenient does "low income-specific healthcare" have to be if one can make 40k/year and still qualify?!

Re felons: If you're commiting a crime of a level of felony, you forfeit some of your rights as a citizen as punishment.

Re Russia: id rather be buddies with Russia than have someone who's antagonistic and may go to war with them.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gosh

Yes, I can, but you're going to have to quote me again to remind me after school so I can actually make a competent and objective list rather than just putting down nonsense that I'm trying to add to between periods

Can you explain why people who voted for Trump or rather, when people who voted for him voice their opinions, Hillary supports have to verbally ridicule and emasculate those who dare have a different opinion, even if they only just mention that they voited for him and nothing more? ? Not directed towards you, no, but more specifically from people in general? I'm seeing a lot of unwarranted animosity on either side, granted, but it's gotten so bad I don't even have the balls to voice on why I didn't vote for Hillary. I flat out refuse to state my reasons why solely based on the fact that I would get ridiculed by those who have different opinions. Is it somehow a crime to vote and think differently than other people?

This is why I hate politics so much, it's not so much discussing the issues, is the fact that people can get verbally abused just for having a different opinion and for not voting the way others vote, it royally pisses me off :(

Last edited by the_randomizer,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain why people who voted for Trump or rather, when people who voted for him voice their opinions, Hillary supports have to verbally ridicule and emasculate those who dare have a different opinion, even if they only just mention that they voited for him and nothing more? ? Not directed towards you, no, but more specifically from people in general? I'm seeing a lot of unwarranted animosity on either side, granted, but it's gotten so bad I don't even have the balls to voice on why I didn't vote for Hillary. I flat out refuse to state my reasons why solely based on the fact that I would get ridiculed by those who have different opinions. Is it somehow a crime to vote and think differently than other people?

This is why I hate politics so much, it's not so much discussing the issues, is the fact that people can get verbally abused just for having a different opinion and for not voting the way others vote, it royally pisses me off :(
I don't think that it's necessarily directed at individuals so much as the ideology. I'm not a minority (I'm literally the whitest CIS midwestern male you could find in my circle), so I'm not really the best person to speak on this, but I think that when anti-Trump crowds lash out at Trump supporters it's because they feel they're being selfish and supporting a hateful rhetoric.

Case in point, (Jewish) Shia Lebouf yelling down a Nazi and Dick Spencer getting punched, although those could technically be seen as "positive" examples. Most of the online discourse is a bunch of uneducated people yelling at each other because "the wrong side won," which I 100% don't support

Then again I could be wildly misjudging the situation

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that it's necessarily directed at individuals so much as the ideology. I'm not a minority (I'm literally the whitest CIS midwestern male you could find in my circle), so I'm not really the best person to speak on this, but I think that when anti-Trump crowds lash out at Trump supporters it's because they feel they're being selfish and supporting a hateful rhetoric.

Case in point, (Jewish) Shia Lebouf yelling down a Nazi and Dick Spencer getting punched, although those could technically be seen as "positive" examples. Most of the online discourse is a bunch of uneducated people yelling at each other because "the wrong side won," which I 100% don't support

Then again I could be wildly misjudging the situation

Then what do you suggest I do? I'm literally afraid of ever voicing my opinions on here, Facebook, Twitter, knowing full well what kind of response my political views and beliefs will incite in others; knowing or having the fear that somehow, someway, someone will hate me and no longer want to be friends because of my views being different. I've had my share of falling outs already, I don't know if I can handle anymore :( I hate how divided and polarized politics are, how people can't agree on anything, animosity, name-calling, I just can't fucking stand it anymore....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4OywilYauQ