• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New York terror attack

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any racism or bashing ANY religion will be met with suspensions as well as warns. This is your only verbal warning. If you're going to discuss adult topics, act like an adult.
Thanks for putting this in here in advance, some of these discussions go south fast. Is there some way we can have some kind of disclaimer like this on every one of these types of threads? It's gotten bad lately with the bashing.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Making an observation isn’t bashing a religion. Radical Islam is a severe problem. I’m not bashing Islam. I think we can all agree Radical Iskamists are disgusting and deserve no place on this world

I will agree that radical Islam is a problem. The key word being radical. I would say the same about any religion including Christianity.

I'm not going to say much past that, but what I meant by that warning is bashing any religion as a whole.

Polopop123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes, it's called an extreme form of hatred and believing in a very flawed ideology for the eradication of innocent people. You want to know what they have in common? Hatred, evil, greed, hellbent on killing people. Terrorism needs to be dealt with appropriately and swiftly.
Everyone hides behind the wall of PC culture and people fear speaking out about the problems today
Some woman pointed out suspicious behavior in the Muslim woman beside her. She alerted the guards who couldn’t care less because she was being bigoted and a ‘racist’. Later on, that Muslim woman set the bomb off in the Manchester arena

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Radicalism, extreme nationalism, etc in any form, is a bane and needs to be eliminated. One thing that does piss me off, is when people label religion as a race, somehow. Muslim, is defined as a follower of a religion, in this case, Islam; one of the three major religions in that region. The predominant followers of Islam reside in the Middle East, and the people are identified as being Arabic.

Just saying that for clarification:

Muslim/Islam - a follower of the aforementioned religion
Arabic - People who reside in the Middle East region

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Yes, indeed, it's always the extremists that give something a bad rep. I know a few people who believe in Islam, and they're pretty freaking cool people.

When I had nothing but the clothes on my back it was an Islamic mosque and the members of it that had my back when even the shelters wouldn't take me in.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weird thing is i was in irc discussing how shitty the CIA/FBI was they rather spy on americans as a whole than just the few that pose a threat,then this happens (glad i don't have cable TV just internet) also was he really an IS member or just a Mentally ill copycat (that has happened Orlando gay strip club shooting was by a guy who was homophobic and not IS, which brings me to another point IS would claim ANY terror attack minus the neo nazi/KKK attacks just to stay in the spotlight back to my main point the FBI/CIA is reactive not proactive in stopping terror attacks

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yesterday a man in a pickup plowed through a busy bike lane in new York, killing 8 and injuring 11 more before crashing his car into a school bus. He was shot by police after brandishing 2 fake pistols and is in custody. He was acting on instructions from Islamic State.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/us/new-york-attack/index.html
Why is anybody surprised about this? Americans spend trillions of tax dollars to drop bombs on millions of people in the Middle East. Sure, some that are killed in the ME are guilty, but many more are innocent. Is this not American terrorism in those countries??? If you want the attacks to stop here, then get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone. Otherwise, what goes around, comes around. Stop complaining or worrying about it.

Reactions: oji

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Why is anybody surprised about this? Americans spend trillions of tax dollars to drop bombs on millions of people in the Middle East. Sure, some that are killed in the ME are guilty, but many more are innocent. Is this not American terrorism in those countries??? If you want the attacks to stop here, then get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone. Otherwise, what goes around, comes around. Stop complaining or worrying about it.
I don't see any complaining..It's just someone posting an article about what's going on in the U.S. right now. It's also stated in the Quran to kill anyone that's not of their faith.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

saddly that ISN'T the case even if we pull out ISIS will take over the Middle east and STILL attack US/EU remember we took back control of countless cities in Iraq from IS if we pull out now they'll be over run and we'll be still a target if anything blame Bush for invading Iraq when Sadam had no intrest to hurt us infact the main reason that GW invaded iraq wasn't terror same reason for the Gulf war his daddy started OIL

xpoverzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't see any complaining..It's just someone posting an article about what's going on in the U.S. right now. It's also stated in the Quran to kill anyone that's not of their faith.
So? It's stated in the Jewish Talmud that gentiles are less than human animals and that they should be subjugated, cheated, exploited in any way possible that benefits Israel. It's also stated in the Talmud that all non jewish women are filthy from birth and are fair game to sexually exploit from the age of 3. But somehow, Americans love to spend trillions protecting Israel in the ME, which in turn brings terrorism/resistance back to the U.S. Homeland. Go figure. Oh, and the talmud also preaches that someday every citizen of Israel will own 10,000 "willing" gentile slaves. Americans are being played for fools by Judaism, and Islam. But mostly by Judaism little do they know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

saddly that ISN'T the case even if we pull out ISIS will take over the Middle east and STILL attack US/EU remember we took back control of countless cities in Iraq from IS if we pull out now they'll be over run and we'll be still a target if anything blame Bush for invading Iraq when Sadam had no intrest to hurt us infact the main reason that GW invaded iraq wasn't terror same reason for the Gulf war his daddy started OIL
It's not for oil, it's for Israel. America only get's about 10% of it's oil from the Middle East. Most of our oil comes from Canada, Mexico, and S. America. But you don't see Bush, or the U.S. government spending trillions on invading those countries do you? Think a little deeper, and you will see the truths..

Last edited by xpoverzion,
Reactions: Glyptofane

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK SMARTASS what Surah? (verse) does it state that? I was muslim for a while and had a copy of the Quran anyways plz stay off the Muslim stuff that did sound sectist

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is stated in every tribe's myths and legends both told and written that people hate the neighbours because they are from the other tribe, so hate is the universal common denominator that unites all of us humans no matter the tribe, and I should be sleeping already instead of shitposting but you know, the same as drinking a glass of warm milk, it is tradition in my tribe to make one last closing shitpost before hitting the sack, they say venting whatever half made thought that still lingers your half asleep mind helps you get some good sleep afterwards. So with this, comrades, I leave you for another successfully survived day, good luck, good night, see you tomorrow!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger