Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did some REing it two days ago and it didn't looked like had kernel acess :P just need the Payload.bin but i am on shitty exam storm(but i doubt it have kernel acess, belive me guys it is just user-land).

iB1L6qc.png

Oh yeah, i am a shitty with REing probably there is things wrong.

I've been meaning to disassemble that binary for a while. I might take a shot at it, but as far as I know the sole purpose of the binary is to allow more room to work with in terms of exploiting (after the QR code) and also to provide an easy means of updating the exploit without having to redo the QR code every time (which would suck having 20+ firmwares with different QR's for each). Nothing too special here. smea or someone else did say that there's a system exploit being taken advantage of here though (I believe to create/inject a new service in the firmware) which could be interesting. Still not kernel access, but you can still do a lot without modifying the kernel. I'm actually willing to bet that a lot of the flash cartridge/region blocking and stuff is just handled through the menu itself honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night