• Replies 284
  • Likes 1

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
omgpwn666 said:
I have a question. Why can't I connect to the internet? All wireless devices in my house work except the 3DS. It says that it's connecting and shows a blue signal shooting at the router for like 15 seconds then creates a red X. I tried every channel on the internet (1-11) and turned off the router Firewall. Still no luck. I also tried something I saw on Nintendo forums
QUOTE said:
Okay so I called Nintendo today and after xome troubleshooting they figured out it was my DNS settings. I don't know why this needed to be changed, but she told me to go into DNS settings (press the Right arrow when you're in the connection settings to get to the DNS and other settings). She had me erase all the zeros there and put in 8.8.8.8 in Primary and 8.8.4.4 in Secondary, and it connected immediately after with no problems. So maybe give that a try guys. Hope that helps!
. Someone help me out, please.
Did you try following your quote?
How many IP addresses does your router have in its pool, and how many are being used?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, fixed the problem about 2 hours ago. It turns out my router is busted up or something. It wont work with wireless anymore, just wired. So I hooked up my old router to the new (the one that wont take wireless connections anymore..) one and now I have two wireless connections. One works, the other does not.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
a question about SP (streetpass) which i have always wondered.

How many systems can the 3DS interact in one time with SP (simultaneously)? Imagine having 100 3DSes with SP enabled...
tongue.gif
I wonder what will happen...

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I have a quick question regarding streetpass.

Is there a limit to how often you can streetpass with the same person a day?

I ask as I can normally only get one a day from my brother, but yesterday we streetpassed twice, I'm finding it difficult to replicate it so am not sure how the console decides when to streetpass or not.

I'm going back to my house later today so won't be able to test further until I next visit my parents.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
jamesaa said:
I have a quick question regarding streetpass.

Is there a limit to how often you can streetpass with the same person a day?

I ask as I can normally only get one a day from my brother, but yesterday we streetpassed twice, I'm finding it difficult to replicate it so am not sure how the console decides when to streetpass or not.

I'm going back to my house later today so won't be able to test further until I next visit my parents.

With same person I bet once? The whole purpose of StreetPass is to let you (or rather your mii) frolic with other miis and not just one.
smile.gif

allpoison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
Not read all the posts so dont know if its been pointed out. It only comes with one Stylus not two ( well the UK one only has one stylus).

Yeah when I read the post I went to search my box for the second stylus lol. It only comes with one afaik.

Does anyone know how to check the system version or firmware of the 3DS? I just updated mine, but I'm not sure what FW it has right now.

MountApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Any news on how fast the 3DS CPU is yet?
Nope. We only know its ARM. IGN said theres 2 but I don't know if that confirmed or not. (especially since they were wrong about everything else.)

D

Deleted User

OP
allpoison said:
funem said:
Not read all the posts so dont know if its been pointed out. It only comes with one Stylus not two ( well the UK one only has one stylus).

Yeah when I read the post I went to search my box for the second stylus lol. It only comes with one afaik.

Does anyone know how to check the system version or firmware of the 3DS? I just updated mine, but I'm not sure what FW it has right now.
Maybe a bit late, but if you go to 'System Settings' the firmware version is displayed on the top screen.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a nice place to put this.

Does anyone else's 3DS have very poor quality sound? Like really soft, anything drowns it out.
I don't know anyone else with one to compare so I'm dumbfounded.
Is this a technical malfunction I can get repaired?
Or is that just the sound of the system?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
DroRox said:

Does anyone else's 3DS have very poor quality sound? Like really soft, anything drowns it out.
With some applications, the 3DS emits a very quiet sound but with others (like Excitebike), it's extremely loud. I have noticed problems with the 3DS sound quality. If I'm not in a totally silent room, I have trouble hearing it.

Although, I would say that's more of a problem with the application that's being used than the system.
You could contact Nintendo to see if it's a problem with your 3DS.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
DroRox said:

With some applications, the 3DS emits a very quiet sound but with others (like Excitebike), it's extremely loud. I have noticed problems with the 3DS sound quality. If I'm not in a totally silent room, I have trouble hearing it.

Although, I would say that's more of a problem with the application that's being used than the system.
You could contact Nintendo to see if it's a problem with your 3DS.

Haha yeah I see what you mean about the certain apps. Glad to see it's an app malfunction rather than the system itself.
Thanks alot!
biggrin.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
tyuno123 said:
How are the regions separated for the 3DS ? How many different regions are there altogether ?
Much like the TV regions: NTSC U/C (Americas), NTSC J (Japan), PAL (Europe and Australia)
Just not their names.

But one thing stupid: Singapore's region is supposed to fall under Japan (official: NTSC J) but in the end we got US ones for the 3DS. I want my Miku!
glare.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
tyuno123 said:
How are the regions separated for the 3DS ? How many different regions are there altogether ?
There are 3 official regions;
- North America
- Japan
- EU/Australia

Apparently, there is also an Asian version but I don't have much details on that aside from a couple of threads.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
Apparently, there is also an Asian version but I don't have much details on that aside from a couple of threads.
Those are sold in Singapore as 'local sets'. Basically they are US sets with no Club Nintendo and with a Japanese design box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y