• Start date
  • Views 129,081
  • Replies 284
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
jrk190 said:
When you turn a 3DS on and place it on top of a DS lite, it thinks it is open.

*edit* It does work with the DSi.
That's because of magnets.

Fucking magnets.

tyuno123

Trophies
Website
tyuno.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
chris888222 said:
tyuno123 said:
How are the regions separated for the 3DS ? How many different regions are there altogether ?
Much like the TV regions: NTSC U/C (Americas), NTSC J (Japan), PAL (Europe and Australia)
Just not their names.

But one thing stupid: Singapore's region is supposed to fall under Japan (official: NTSC J) but in the end we got US ones for the 3DS. I want my Miku!
glare.gif

Thanks, I'm from Malaysia I think we have local sets too or we take it in from Singapore but I'm not too sure.
I'm going to study around Europe next year, so best I get one there instead of Malaysia right ?
The region lock only affects what games we can play ? Nothing to do with software/firmware updates availability ?

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
NTSC U/C (Americas) = play only usa game
NTSC J (Japan) = play only japan game
PAL (Europe and Australia) = play only europe game
malaysia/asia/singapore set = play only usa game

suck to be nintendo region lock..

tyuno123

Trophies
Website
tyuno.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
lcleong said:
NTSC U/C (Americas) = play only usa game
NTSC J (Japan) = play only japan game
PAL (Europe and Australia) = play only europe game
malaysia/asia/singapore set = play only usa game

suck to be nintendo region lock..

Thanks, guess I won't be getting one soon then
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
tyuno123 said:
chris888222 said:
tyuno123 said:
How are the regions separated for the 3DS ? How many different regions are there altogether ?
Much like the TV regions: NTSC U/C (Americas), NTSC J (Japan), PAL (Europe and Australia)
Just not their names.

But one thing stupid: Singapore's region is supposed to fall under Japan (official: NTSC J) but in the end we got US ones for the 3DS. I want my Miku!
glare.gif

Thanks, I'm from Malaysia I think we have local sets too or we take it in from Singapore but I'm not too sure.
I'm going to study around Europe next year, so best I get one there instead of Malaysia right ?
The region lock only affects what games we can play ? Nothing to do with software/firmware updates availability ?
Japan is getting a hell lot of content such as New LovePlus, Tamagochi Collection, Monster Hunter and Hatsune Miku. USA hasn't got anything yet and about 60% of the titles from the 3DS Conference in Japan not too long ago will not likely hit USA. (the games I've listed above have about 95% chances of staying Japan only, except Monster Hunter which is 60%)

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
a question about SP (streetpass) which i have always wondered.

How many systems can the 3DS interact in one time with SP (simultaneously)? Imagine having 100 3DSes with SP enabled...
tongue.gif
I wonder what will happen...

It would probably just queue them in order of signals received. Most games have a limit to the amount of Streetpass Hits you can get. I know Mii Plaza has a limit of 10 Miis you can encounter at a time.

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUESTION:
When is the best time to recharge my 3DS, and how long should I leave it charging?
When the battery is running low, is already empty, or just anytime it isn't full?
After it is fully charged, is it okay to leave it in the charging pedestal ?[whatever was the name]

QUESTION:
I got my 3DS used from a friend, and there were some videos saved to the SD card. Were those videos made available for download, or can I download any trailer or other videos from the eShop?

QUESTION:
Where can I find my friend code? Only inside a game?

That's it for now. thanks.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUESTION:
When is the best time to recharge my 3DS, and how long should I leave it charging?
Best if at night leaving it on the stand and enabling SpotPass (sleep mode). See the 3DS pre-launch lifestyle demo on YouTube.

After it is fully charged, is it okay to leave it in the charging pedestal ?[whatever was the name]
okay for me. Although I hardly leave it on now as my first cradle broke.

QUESTION:
I got my 3DS used from a friend, and there were some videos saved to the SD card. Were those videos made available for download, or can I download any trailer or other videos from the eShop?
old videos are removed from the eShop I believe (you can redownload i think) but there's Nintendo Video. Not too sure myself. Sorry

QUESTION:
Where can I find my friend code? Only inside a game?
theres a friend list icon in the home menu. It's a rectangular like orange color smiley face on the top. Friend codes are now by system and not individual software unlike the DS.

That's it for now. thanks.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUESTION:
old videos are removed from the eShop I believe (you can redownload i think) but there's Nintendo Video. Not too sure myself. Sorry

Videos and everything else obtained from the eShop, as well as DSiWare that may have been transferred from another unit, can be re-downloaded in the Left-most e-Shop menu icon (Settings/Other). The subsection is "Your Downloads". So far, none of the content that I've since deleted is no longer obtainable, but this only included videos that had their own separate launchers (previews for Super Mario Land 3DS, for example) and Dreamworks' special videos that had a cost (and receipt) attached such as the Halloween ones (which are still for sale last I checked). From what I understand, some videos that came out in the summer from E3 can't be redownloaded, but I can't verify that. (I can verify that you can't get them anymore if you never had them.)

Nintendo Video on the other hand, is free, and there's only two ways you can really control what videos are or aren't downloaded to it. One is by a very complicated trick that makes Nintendo Video download from an alternate location, and the other is to shut off its downloads in-application. The second method is done by disabling its Spotpass access, and only the 4 videos currently cached will remain, instead of them changing periodically. On the other hand you can remove the application entirely through System Settings.

Furthermore, some video previews are available for free on the eShop, although I've only seen first-party titles available for actual download (like Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart 7, etc). All the third-party video demos I've seen were built into the eShop catalogue when you examine the games and not downloadable or viewable offline.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's my eyes or what, but I can't see the 3d effect in ocarina of time (the only game I have). I can tell that it's being displayed since I can see both images if I tilt my head left or right, but when merged I don't really see any difference from gaming with 3d turned off.

sleepy_ranma

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Small question I couldn't find answer for - if I am trying to update my 3DS through System Settings (as shown in faq), is there a way to know which update will be installed before the installation process? I.e. some kind of popup with information like this "yours OS version:xx; OS version which will be installed:yy".

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Small question I couldn't find answer for - if I am trying to update my 3DS through System Settings (as shown in faq), is there a way to know which update will be installed before the installation process? I.e. some kind of popup with information like this "yours OS version:xx; OS version which will be installed:yy".
No, but it'll always be the latest.

You CAN view the present firmware version though.

Reactions: 1 person

sleepy_ranma

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Thanks.
Well, then - where can I find 100% accurate info about current OS version? I mean, I checked official nintendo website (http://www.nintendo.ru to be more precisely because I live in Russia currently) and it says that the current version is 3.0.6, though I saw posts on this forum about releasing 3.0.7 on 2nd February, and today is already 6th. So, whom should I trust?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

Thanks.
Well, then - where can I find 100% accurate info about current OS version? I mean, I checked official nintendo website (http://www.nintendo.ru to be more precisely because I live in Russia currently) and it says that the current version is 3.0.6, though I saw posts on this forum about releasing 3.0.7 on 2nd February, and today is already 6th. So, whom should I trust?
Well, mine is still 0.6 :P

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Not that I've got nothing better to do, or anything( :D ) , but the information in the FAQ is pretty outdated, especially in relation to pricing and firmware updates. Perhaps the firmware updates section should just link to the firmware update thread? Also perhaps information about the XL should be added?

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i'm thinking about ordering a 3DS next week (paycheck) but all his stuff has been bothering me. I'm stuck between the original and XL. from what i see

-XL has bad quality speakers
-screen size making games look bad because resolution or something
AndIs it too big to be portable in your opinion?

Original
-too small for big hands (how "big" would hands have to be?)
-looks better because of smaller screen
-screen scracthing itself?

what's the whole deal on the screen scratch? Is it on both models or just the original? How does it even happen?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Ok i'm thinking about ordering a 3DS next week (paycheck) but all his stuff has been bothering me. I'm stuck between the original and XL. from what i see

-XL has bad quality speakers they're a little bit more quiet. from my perspective it's a trivial complaint
-screen size making games look bad because resolution or something everything looks better in spite of larger dot-pitch
AndIs it too big to be portable in your opinion? small, tight pockets yes. for book bags and large pockets, no

Original
-too small for big hands (how "big" would hands have to be?) its worse for big hands but not unplayable
-looks better because of smaller screen not true. definitely NOT true
-screen scracthing itself? yes, in most cases

what's the whole deal on the screen scratch?
Is it on both models or just the original? anecdotal evidence, its more common on 3ds orig. I've had 3 originals -- all screen-scratch. my 1 xl -- none. there needs to be a poll to obtain more concrete evidence
How does it even happen? frame around bottom screen rubs against top screen when system is closed. design flaw

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which version should i get?

Also what kind of games are on the virtual store thing? Any gameboy games like the wario lands, zelda oracle games and links awakening, super mario lands? And GBA games?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So which version should i get?
XL, no doubt.

Also what kind of games are on the virtual store thing? Any gameboy games like the wario lands, zelda oracle games and links awakening, super mario lands? And GBA games?
Virtual console has more than just gameboy actually, but no GBA as of now (unless you are an ambassador).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too ♫ :rofl2: